What's the deal with test server?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ChristopherPapakaliatis, Jul 8, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristopherPapakaliatis

ChristopherPapakaliatis Forum Apprentice

Ten minutes ago I logged into the test server. I stayed for like five minutes or less and then I tried to log into my normal character. But after converting the client into the normal servers I had a "failed to unpack" problem, immidiently after a "Nebula 3" problem and then an "Error 35". I have noticed that some time ago. Am I the only one who has this amount of problems after changing from Live to Test?

2. Anyki

Anyki User

The Test Servers are intended as a "test environment." Depending on what the BP staff have decided to upload, it will have down times, errors, and bugs that the live servers do not. That is normal.

That said, if bugs are discovered while on the TS, please report them so that they can be fixed before reaching the live servers.

Cheers,
    Anyki

3. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

It is likely that there are files in your DSOClient folder that are in conflict. Copy that folder and rename it so that the one you are not using is DSOClient_Test or DSOClient_Production (or something like that).

ΣMiwel likes this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Or simply play through browser... I used to be a client-player, but I moved to browser some time ago. It is way better, for this and many other reasons. Try it @ChristopherPapakaliatis!

5. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

The easiest way I found is to run Live servers through Thin Client. Run Test Server through Internet Explorer, but run it SandBoxed. This way none of the daily build files can corrupt the files in your DSOClient folder.

Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

Just open your browser and do a search for Sandboxie.

Thanks, Doc.

6. ChristopherPapakaliatis

ChristopherPapakaliatis Forum Apprentice

Lol, I did not post this for tech support. I don't even bother with this, It's just something I find funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.