Feedback Where Balance can be Improved

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by NightWalker, Jan 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Yeah, the problem is that Frozen Sphere has a limited range and you need to time the explosion to deal relevant damage, and lightning strike is even worse because the further the monster is from the center, the less the damage it deals. In contrast if you can keep the monster in line with the machine gun, you get the damage regardless of the distance (though of course there is the problem of losing the gun if you go too far from it...).

2. xXxTroublexXx

xXxTroublexXx Forum Apprentice

In some way I find this tread interesting because some good things are said, on the otherhand: once again a tread like there exist already thousands on this forum only a little bit better formulated.

In mine opinion this game is actualy pretty well balanced (cannot not speak too much about pvp). Somewhere between the posts I read that best group formating is 1 tank and a bunch of dwarfs: wrong, definitly wrong. A tank is necessary to, well, tank. A mage is necessary for pretty much all his skills. A dwarf is necessary for damage and in my opinion a ranger is necessary for armorbreak (I mean, a ranger together with a mage kind of makes you play with double armor break all the time, then add tank we gets every mob together and the damage of a dwarf, that's the real ideal team). Which class is the fifth player, I don't care that much.
    If we look at bosses, ok, that's something else, but hey, maybe you may not play the boss because you aren't a dwarf or a tank, but well, you don't die, don't need to use stones, nor high essence. I understand that you feel some frustration, but there are two sides of everything.

All the remarks about one class dealing more damage or less, wathever: look for a minute on youtube, you find multiple examples of all classes being baddass at endlevel. "oh but that are all excentric payers and players", well, yes and no: don't expect to be pro in one day. I mean: I started crafting when the crafting came out, still didn't manage to get further than 2 golden lines on 1 item, I don't care that much, one day I will get 3 golden lines on an item and maybe one day 4. It doesn't even matter because you can also survive without the perfect crafted things, just don't stand still.
    And well, if your build doesn't work that well, try something new, no you don't get super results after playing one minute and yes it is possible you need to switch a lot of your gear and skills, but just try.
    Example of that and youtube videos being usefull:
    I play all char type, also a dk. I saw some video in the media section of baragain doing some crazy things (in my eyes) on winter event fatal. I though, well let's try some of his moves (I have not half his damage nor half his crit rate, neither half the +crit%): I changed like half of my skills and tried it out, guess what: it failed. So I tried to figure out the problem: attack speed to low to use combos decently, so I changed my wisdom tree and tried again. Guess again: still a fail, because now I had too less life, so I changed some of my gear and tried again. Again a fail, now too less damage to heal properly, ... I mean, after like trying things out for about 2 days, I now can kind of easily (if I don't have bad luck) do q3 mod2 on my own with green (kind of big deal for my dk as he's mostly tank). Before I could do it as well, but ten times slower :p

I lately saw a lot of videos showing some nice builds and skills setups on youtube for every class, maybe you need to be ready to change some of your stuff and habits to become better.

The look I have now is simple: in pve all 4 classes are OP :p by which none is OP :eek: :p
    ranger has some nice skills, mage has crowd control, dk has life regen, dwarf has damage

For my not so experienced pvp view:
    yesterday I had some interesting encounter: I played a duel 4 times in a row against the same mage with my dwarf. First duel, mage won, mostly because his fireball shooting puppet was annoying me and I placed my turrets too fast. So second duel, knowing how my opponent played, I took 1 turret specially to counter his fireblazing helper and suddenly I won. Third encounter, I saw the mage had changed some items, but not that much so I won again. Then the fourth time he suddenly chaged to a more defense build, I he won. Actualy these 4 pvp mathces were a lot more intersting than others because you could just see and feel how you needed to adjust your char to slay your oponent or how your oponent did it to slay you :p
    Today, same with dwarf against dwarf, 4 times in a row, we win equal amount of matches because we changed tactics and gear.
    Moral of the story: be ready to adjust yourself in order to ascend yourself :p

If you look at specific things as boss fights, well, yes, then dwarfs are the best class to go together with tank. But I think the price we have to pay for the broad range of possibilities is the fact that not every class is as good in some specific thing as other classes. Every class has it's advantages and disadvantages.

And just for all these topics: don't suggest that you need skills like others, because you are playing a DIFFERENT class. How good you try to write things up: you always make your char better while the most annoying for you worse. A good thing would be to play the char you hate the most, to understand better how his skills work and to actualy experience the struggles of another. I mean somewhere I read a proposition to make turrets of dwarfs start shortly after placed: this already is the case for the tesla turret, just seems somebody didn't care to have a decent look at it. If I play my dwarf, I mostly find it annoying because I want damage now :p but today in pvp (had clover) it saved my ass: dwarf against tank, I place tesla, before tesla realy starts, tank stuns me, having me stunned, he thinks he can start hitting me to dead, but geuss what, the second he needs to start hitting, was the second my tesla also needed to start hitting him :D I mean, there are so much details about others classes you don't know because you play your own and realy althoug you might think you do: you don't know the details of another class untill you play it decently enough. And wath realy bothers me is people writing skills setups that are "OP" for a class they don't play, I mean, realy half the things proposed are nice brainteaser, but aren't used in practice because you only have limited points to distribute and some things aren't just worth it for one maybe-isch lucky combo.

The idea was to keep it short, geuss it didn't went that well :p Good game to you all

3. wangwang

wangwang Active Author

Not only tesla,the machanic turrent also need about 1 sec to start function let alone the tatical turrent which is sad that q3 set bonus is based on that skill XD.The lack of usable pw unique & short range 1h gun leave SM no choice but to go 2h build and play dirty in pvp, run and heal(which doesn't really work apart from 1v1).Q8 set is a very good example to change the situation,hope something else will be implemented to strengthen the role of SM in mass pvp (offensivewise).

Also,could someone post a video or a link of SM in 3v3?I got slaughtered all the time XD

4. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Edited to use spoilers to clean up some space. I see some less well thought out comments... but will try to fill in some facts when I have time.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.