Support Why can't we publish what the support answers?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Végzetgárdista, Jul 15, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Végzetgárdista

Végzetgárdista Forum Greenhorn

And why does the contact form exist if, even after providing all the requested information, you do nothing?

https://www.drakensang.com/en/support

I am curious to hear your response.

2. Hokori

Hokori Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Good evening.

The conversations between a user and the support team are private and as such, those should not be published anywhere.

ölüm741 likes this.
  3. Végzetgárdista

Végzetgárdista Forum Greenhorn

I understand, however, I have nothing to hide. If you have something to hide, I understand.

4. Hokori

Actually there's much to hide, starting from the user data. Anyway these are the rules and everyone should stick to them :)

Alpaca likes this.
  5. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Always thought that's a weird rule, but they will have their reasons.

In my turn, for sake of curiosity.

Is reporting the support response in a summary way allowed? I.e. I asked a question about a bug, they told me how to work around it, then I'll tell it on the forum. I asked for clarification regarding an alleged abuse by players, they told me how to behave, I explain it to others.

I won't copy/paste but I will say that the source of information is the game support. Is it legitimate and allowed?

6. Hokori

As long as there's no personal data involved it should be ok. But just to be sure, I'd advise to not mention the support as a source at all, just say that your source is believable ;)

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."
    - Edward Snowden​
    Imagine a support conversation between a player and support officer gets published on the forum. The conversation contains credit card details and credentials.
    As a reader of that forum I could use that information and book myself ... lets say, some OnlyFans buffs ;) ;)
    Then the player's wife finds out her husband made some "illegal secret" money transfers. She could immediately ask for termination of their contract because of player's violation of their ToS (until death do us apart).

It is not a weird rule it is a right one.
    Private conversation should stay private ... even your friends would hate you if you reveal something you have talked about in private.
    Private conversation with a support officer in a game is no different than a private conversation with a bank clerk.
    The rule is implemented in order to protect the player, the support officer, the company and the forum readers ... in short ... to protect them all.
    I guess you are talking about legit bug work around (like how to finish a bugged quest in example) but let me give you quite opposite example.
    Imagine you are reporting a bug to support and then you are releasing the conversation on a public forum.
    - you could be doxxing a player or a support officer
    - you would be detailing bugs or exploits publicly
    - huge amount of players would be banned because they read something on the forum and then they tried it in the game just so they could see if it is working.

8. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Of course if I write that the Xxx player has offended me or that the Yyy player uses an exploit, or that I had a payment problem and I also put my credit card number including expiration date and CCV (lol, really?) then nothing should leak. It's so obvious that makes me smile that we are here talking about this.

But if I just think to my gaming experience, across the years I have had maybe about twenty conversations with support: very often they dealt with topics and questions whose answer could also be of help or interest to some other player, if not to many others. What negative consequences or harm their eventual diffusion could have caused to me or others? None. What *personal* data did my conversations with support ever contained? None. What problem would it have created to say around that it was a conversation with support? Well, none. Anyone else who has or had asked the same thing would have received from them the same answer as me. So what is *to be secret* or *to protect* in all this?

Given that it is a blind rule and like all blind things, it is convenient for those who order it because it avoids the diffusion in all cases of all speeches, without having to discern and distinguish case by case, of the 97% of general and common interest as well as the 3% that can in some way harm or involve very personal data or third parties. And it also protects the Company in the unfortunate but always possible event that the customer support operator responds with inaccurate or in some way harmful information to someone. These are the points that mainly explain the rule.

Be clear it's just my opinion, as such it's worth nothing and I'm certainly not here to open a discussion or even a controversy about it :)

It sounds wise, got it. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2024