Why is the game so easy ? Problem with my account ?

Discussion in 'Questions about Getting Started in the Game' started by Nocss, Dec 31, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Nocss

Nocss Forum Greenhorn

Hi ! I play Drakensang since some years now and I made a new character some months ago with a friend of mine. I remember the game to be very difficult and that you need some people to play along with you otherwhise it's almost impossible.. Now we are lvl 14 and we oneshot monsters that are lvl 13/14 ... How is that even possible ? Is there some kind or bug in the game or... ?? Because like that it isn't enjoyable at all.. Can someone tell me what's going on please thx ! (Now we're making a new character again to see if our old one has issues or not..)

2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Times changed. There are way bigger problems with the game than this.

trakilaki likes this.
  3. Nocss

Nocss Forum Greenhorn

What else changed ? But that's just it... ? They just downgraded the level of difficulty so that it's super easy.. That's not even enjoyable anymore. :/

4. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Don't fret, it'll get much harder as you progress and start earning Achievement Points. The AP's seem to have a lot to do with how difficulty scales. Work on getting to 100 and achievements and be glad you have a buddy to partner up with...you'll need it muhahaha!

Happy New Years~!

5. JarFall2000

JarFall2000 Forum Apprentice

Not easy at all buddy the game start after you hit lvl100

Drabis777 and magerunner like this.
  6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Create a new Hero and switch to full Bardcore! ;)
    Like ... slashing wrists out of boredom :eek:

7. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Among other things, the Wisdom tree stats are super important...and don't unlock until experience level 30. Meanwhile, each level you gain, the mobs increase in strength, but your character doesn't, at least not typically at the same pace as the mobs. Much of your offensive power will come from the crit stat, so concentrate first (possibly exclusively) on building that up to the max 80 points in the Wisdom tree.

If you race to 100, you'll find yourself at Wisdom level ~25-35, and feeling extra weak. You also will probably only have a handful of lower level runes, which will be a big source of both offensive and defensive strength. Parallel World will be out of reach at first.

As you stumble across miscellaneous runes, resist the temptation to build up the offensive runes at first, saving every scrap of rune dust to improve your Wisdom drop multiplier runes, even if it means you're sitting on rune dust for awhile as you wait for that 5th Wisdom rune to drop. After you've got 5 x Wisdom runes, focus on upgrading 10 x crit runes (if you're able to build or buy Winter Solstice runes, I consider these "crit" as well), then probably 5 x HP runes for survivability.

Make certain you run Full Moon event every month ... you get a rune upgrade special item if you complete the event. Try to be patient and hold onto those until you've got extraordinary (purple) runes waiting to pump up to legendary (orange) status. The actual value increase from each level is constant, but the cost in terms of rune dust and gold is every more painful as you climb the ladder.

tldr; you're in a honeymoon phase with your baby toons ... you'll start feeling the pain fairly quickly if you don't focus and/or have great luck.

Drabis777 and Alpaca like this.
  8. ldso

ldso Advanced

The game is very different now, especially after the big Content Expansion (Dark Legacy) that happened a few years ago. :) Certain aspects of the game are a bit faster to grow in now, such as getting items/enchantments, crafting, etc. But as others have noted, the 'real game' starts at lvl 100, which is when you can start building your long-term setup. But also, players now start and max additional characters from other classes as well, so that too is something you can consider. ^^

9. magerunner

magerunner Forum Greenhorn

:):):):):D:D

10. Drabis777

Drabis777 Forum Apprentice

Vey true, that's where you start to grind for wisdom etc. and the special events. lol