Why this game uses so much cpu and ram and the global conspiracy

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Paavelsons, Aug 31, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

drakensang might use without our consent crypto currencys mine solution intact on game.
    there might be small print in terms and condition where we jsut accept without reading it.
    this is only reason why this game uses so much cpu gpu and ram.
    i cant prove this yet.
    if i am wrong. then i am sorry.

alchimista and ΣMiwel like this.
  2. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

lol, this thread needs to be moved to a "conspiracy theories" section

ΣMiwel likes this.
  3. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

Please read the T&C and let us know what you find.

I'd like such a section.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Just like every good conspiracy theory, this isn't improbable at all. Mining crypto-currencies is very popular and can be very profitable... But maybe that is simply the tool they are using to actually earn money from this game without the need for payers?

5. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

But if this is the money maker, then they would benefit from having lots and lots of non payers. This is not how they are operating though.

6. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Loool conspiracy theories lurk everywhere I guess
    However if the game uses so much cpu and ram at max graphics try to disable Super Sampling Ambient Occlusion aka SSAO
    And I am sure your game will run much smoother.
    This is a feature that consumes a lot of gpu power ram and cpu power <- unless its built into the game originally which it is not because it was only released in 2015 with the nvidia 9xx series gpus, so it being added revs up everything

7. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

NO! IT IS FALSE!

and @Paavelsons is TRUE

8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Do not attribute to malice all that can be explained by stupidity

The game is badly optimized and badly made by the devs, so it ends up using much more resources than it needs

_Baragain_ likes this.
  9. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

In particular, they have memory leaks and very poor garbage collection protocols contributing to the high RAM costs.

10. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Speaking of which, never really understood... what exactly does the SSAO thing actually do? Always had it off.

11. heror

heror Forum Baron

Ads more shades and some thing but really minor ... so not even worth having it on even with powerfull pc

Morinphen likes this.
  12. Zigan

Zigan Forum Apprentice

For me SSAO doesn't use extra ram or cpu, it uses only more gpu and vram which is normal. However, as for the using so much cpu or gpu, DSO doesnt use all the cpu or gpu power at all. I mean in the kingshill or other big cities, my fps is around 30-35 but cpu and gpu usage is below 50%. It is because this game is bad optimized and I don't think no one will fix this.

piteris2 likes this.
  13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is not a conspiracy theory ... you would be surprised how many apps and web sites are using your power for cryptocurrency mining and you don't even know.
    Mozilla has already announced ... with the upcoming releases Firefox will block tracking and cryptocurrency scripts by default.
    It is not related with the game ... still, it is not a conspiracy theory.

MademoiselleCaramel likes this.
  14. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

True I guess and thanks for the info.
    Still that people would think that this game does it is rediculous.

15. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Ha ha ha. Well, never say never. Maybe u are not aware about diselgate, or about the fact that was proven that apple relased special updates in order to slow down old devices, in order that customers to buy new devices, more expansive than the old ones.
    So, is not unnapproppiaate at all to asume that this kind of things is possible to happen, if no question is raised , sure the truth will never be revealed.

16. sargon234

Oh it happens, it's capitalism, dudes
    A capitalist will do anything to make a profit
    Planned obsolescence is a perfectly predictable consequence
    You are giving BPs way too much credit
    If they are able to pull this off, it makes them look competent

MademoiselleCaramel likes this.
  17. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Speaking of all this when I saw it I imagined an arpg where you earn bitcoin and not draken and one where you utilize a set % of your pc for the game. the server makes bitcoin and so does the players :D
    That would be pretty awesome

18. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Thanks for answering, heror. So... another small, yet demanding thing that doesn't do much? Yep, sounds typical of BP :D.

19. sargon234

i only hope governments start banning bitcoins and other trash and put those who use them in a labor camp
    Those parasites are driving up prices for electricity and computer parts, they are a plague

20. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Agreed on that which is why the gpu market is as volatile as it is, however manufaturers have started catering gpus just for them
    To me though it would be a viable solution to do gaming while earning bitcoin.
    I tried the bitcoin thing back in 2011 and my conclusion was that it uses too much net and other resources. <- and that was after 9 hours of trying it xD
    And you cant blame people for trying to earn an extra income.