Winter Solstice Feedback (2013)

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Callisto, Dec 18, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What did you think of the event?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2014.
  1. Event Length was Ok

56 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Event Length was too short

10 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. I liked the event rewards

44 vote(s)
    45.8%
  4. I did not find the rewards motivating

35 vote(s)
    36.5%
  5. I enjoyed the event

52 vote(s)
    54.2%
  6. I did not enjoy the event at all

21 vote(s)
    21.9%
  7. I liked the event item pricing (in game shop)

12 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. I disliked the event item pricing (in game shop)

39 vote(s)
    40.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

Nice damage on that "unique" man, 0 hahah :D

I do not enjoy event at all couse of special essence witch is hard to come by, but I prizes are nice.

2. Talicni

Talicni Forum Connoisseur

quiver with basic stats of bow, bow with 0 dmg and 1.00 attack speed at least i will be hitting them 0 FAST! :p

Yup "unique" xD

3. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

pff what you expect from weapon made of candy. made in china. bugpoint xD

Amaar, Amaki and Serenthía like this.
  4. Talicni

Talicni Forum Connoisseur

[​IMG]

Yeah i unlocked it anyways :p

5. Kravito

Kravito Forum Apprentice

I like:
    - Event rewards (Awesome as me lol jk), duration is ok so I think I can complete it with my 2 characters (thanks Go-- BP!), average difficult, everything is ok, but...

I dislike:
    - You can't get essences if you are in a group (only the one that clicks get 'em), so: there are a few snowmen around in a public map with a long respawn time. It's like a battle to get 'em, and you must be sure that many of your friends will get angry at you by "stealing the snowman". Now I just wonder... Where is the sharing part of this time of the year? lol

Anyways, good event.

6. Marce

Marce Junior Expert

Liked that i can farm as much essence as i want, but sucks about the group can't get essence as well, only 1 person per snowman. The actual event map is ok and i like the gifts, the only problem i have are the immortal stones that can instantly kill you. I have tried maneuvering with them but i still get killed. Makes the actually boss hard to get to without dying a few times, which hurts the pocket because of the amount of anders we have to spend. All in all it's an ok event, it's do-able.

7. ~THE~LEGEND~

~THE~LEGEND~ Someday Author

8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'll start with this, I am FTP. An old, well geared FTP, but a FTP none the less.

I'll admit, I was a bit of a jerk. I got on my horse and went to a low level wilderness and found all of the snowmen. I then started doing a circuit every 6 min. Eventually after 15 min, I was getting all of the snowmen because they would re-spawn the moment I road up. I was getting snow ess without any trouble.

On the topic of the event map, the normal map is easy and I only need to use blues on the Christmas tree boss because of all of the other trees around him. Also, I love being a damage DK. I was able to take on the normal bear with only 250 snow ess.

The parallel map was not too bad. I was able to take care of the mobs just fine, but I needed blues for all of the bosses... Except the stupid Christmas tree. After it killed me twice and I wasted 80 ander on re-spawns, I finally killed it and decided to skip it every trip after this first one. Had to kite it a crazy amount and it was still ridiculously hard. Fortunately, the bear was just as easy as the first one and it only took 450 snow ess.

One trip taking me through both maps got me about 900/9000. That means that it will take less than 10 trips to finish. I'm satisfied.

All in all. One of the better events in a while.

Amaar likes this.
  9. DJMoody

DJMoody Forum Apprentice

Horrible, horrible, horrible event.

Clearly designed to frustrate the hell out it's customers to the extent they feel bullied into buying snow to complete the event.

No matter how cute you think the business model is I guarantee you, continue to go down this route and you will alienate your player base end up with significantly less player. People will put up with being treated like a mug for a little while but they will eventually leave.

EVERYONE I know in game has seen this event for what it is, a thinly veiled attempt to fleece more money and is mighty annoyed by it.

There are far better ways to monetise the game where the people paying are happy with their purchases.

This event creates three types of customers:

- people who won't participate and feel cheated and let down an update they are excluded from
    - people who pay to finish the event but will have a bad taste in their mouth at being forced to pay
    - people who spend a stupid amount of time collecting free snow and finish the event and will be incredibly bored and frustrated on their journey. How long will they play a game that does that to them?

Common link - UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS.

Absolutely no winners here, not even Bigpoint.

divaofdanger likes this.
  10. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Up until now, I pretty much like the event. Nice setup, except for the snowessences we need to gather and a shame that sugarbeet doesnt drop in the event map so we wont have to farm much outside the event map (like in the last sargon event). The gifts that drop are fun. Would ve liked to be able to get some more event quests at once. The minibosses are finally killable! thnx bigpoint, did something good. Remember minibosses from former events who would be able to one hit me. One last bummer though, the never-ending tests, it s like playing russian roulette, if you re lucky, you get through, if you re unlucky, you die, wasted beets and need to farm again to re-enter the map. Or at least decrease their damage. I got 4.3 k HP on lvl 38, and about 60% of damage gets reduced by my armor, and still the 'never ending tests' hit like between 1-2 k.
    Over all, i find the event fun. Maybe because i decided not to care whether i finish it or not. Good luck all.

11. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

I just had one normal run in a group of 4. Being a 5 month old player, i find it quite enjoyable :) Spend about 120-130 essence 1st run and achieved about 240+/-

Might try solo later :)

I supposed solo will use abt 250 ? and Hard mode 500 ?

Any recommendation on the total Essence to be collected ? 3 stacks of 999 ? 4 stacks of 999 to complete event ?

12. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

Collecting anything from a wilderness is a joke, too much competition and takes away from the actual event when you spend all your time just trying to farm the ess needed to take out the boss. That being said, love the event up until the ridiculous gauntlet runs through the totems. Insta-death is not fun at all and can lead to groups sitting there waiting forever for one person to finally make it to the end. With a less patient group, this can lead to being straight up kicked. Not a good call. The Nebula errors on hard also caused a lot of severe anger (and hilarity to me listening to a friend completely lose his mind on the mic when he disconnected right as we killed Big Paws, only to come back and find his drops gone) and hopefully there will be a fix for this. The gold present seemed to be the culprit. Other than that, it's nice having an event that doesn't scale in difficulty per group member for once. It's been fun.

MikeyMetro and dragons like this.
  13. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

I too hate competing in the essence pick up in the wild. And the worst is when it is a x2 drop. After so many running around and borrowing Usain Bolt's boots :p

On
    I find it quite fun, just like the good old days arcade and offline computer games... cant remember any names ..
    But there is actually 2 short cuts if you guys did not noticed.... I was walking on the Noob path the 1st run... :)

Also on hard mode, there is minibosses in the middle... that is really da killer.. . :)

On that part,
    Is that true ? I havent tried solo yet, so I cant really tell...

14. dragons

dragons Active Author

Never ending test is pretty lame. They 1 shoot my Dwarf and I must either spend 40 ander and run again or 120 ander and run trough them with the shield after reviving.

The mechanic of this heads comes from the retro games, but there is one obvious thing, this mini game is played from top-down view. Currently it's hard to find the specific spot to checkpoint yourself
    I dislike the event just becouse of these shooting heads.

Getting essence from this snowman's is lame too, many camp them.

divaofdanger likes this.
  15. ArcaneMaster

ArcaneMaster Active Author

whoz the genius behind the idea to put snowman in open map? will bp loose anything if players do exactly what they want to do? .. its really beyond annoying wasting time running around and compete with others for ess.

players have already spent enough time farming carrorts(which no one needs in the first place) then why waste more time looking for ess?
    lol ppl want to do event so why waste our time on some crap?.

and the worst part snowman mostly drops 2 ess? lmao. just crazy.

on the good side i like the statues path. its something new and diffrent likey likey :D

but as it should have been in the start or in middle of map, dying in the end is long walk back - main boss makes sure we have enough of those :mad:

16. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Don't know why people think it is so hard to farm the ess. If you are LVL35 or higher, have a mount, and have a stopwatch, you should have no problem.
    Here are the steps to successful farming.

0. Turn off PVP
    1. Go to a low level wilderness.
    2. Locate all of the snowman locations.
    3. Map out a route that hits them all.
    4. Get on horseback and find one snowman that you can click on. This becomes your starting point. Start your stopwatch the moment you click on it.
    5. Begin your route. Don't worry if a snowman is not there, skip it. What ever you do, do not deviate from the route.
    6. Return to your start point. Wait until 6:10-6:15 and the snowman should respawn.
    7. Repeat steps 4-6. Eventually the snowmen that were not there will be as other people miss the timing.

Done right, you will control all the snowmen on the map... you may piss off some low levels who are trying to farm, but that is their problem. (Yea, I know. I'm a jerk.)

If you want to make even better use of your time, you will likely have a bit of a wait when you get back to your start point. Bring up the movie theater and make some ander while you wait. Just make sure to pay attention to your watch and don't waste time on watching movies that would make you miss your reset. In a half hour, I made over 500 snow ess and over 100 ander.

Enjoy and you're welcome!

17. Balbono

Balbono Forum Greenhorn

we went to event map 1 and map2 with 5 friends and finished all with 30min:D i love that event,its realy nice. My recomendation is play with a team,its much easyer and u spend less essens for big bear:)

18. ~THE~LEGEND~

[​IMG]

This is the rewards from Nightmare area .
    To be honest im disappointed the event is not hard to finish i had finish it in 5 hours

but rewards is bad , i killed hard bear boss 11 times and no unique

where is the unique you are talking about ? huh ?

even in Christmas we got bad staff pretty sad .

why we must care of event feed back ? its come once per year not month im not sure i will stay alive til next year

even the event quests is fail i finished the event before i finish the quests another event without good test good job .

Amaar and bt_hyper1on like this.
  19. .FOX.

.FOX. Forum Greenhorn

Well well. Not only is farming the ess for the event for a mere 2 or 5 snow ess ridiculous, but they respawn about every six minutes, and with the overloaded servers, I farmed for one hour last night to receive 19 snow essence! Not being able to farm in groups is a greedy point, and not having more snowmen out or letting them respawn quicker is just absurd! Now let's talk about the missile shooting totems on the bridges inside. I have over 5300 HP and one shot will do anywhere from 2500 - 3700 DMG!!!! Are you kidding me? Farming the beets to get in is simple enough, but this seems like a ploy to favor Preemie members or just waste the hard earned ander from PW dungeons. I must say I am quite disappointed this year, so much for Solstice fun and giving back to those of us who have given you so much revenue Big Point. I will play if I happen to come across a snowman who drops some decent ess, but seriously, greed has gotten the better of you. Shame on you.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  20. ~THE~LEGEND~

Big point says nobody forced you to pay but they made the game unable to be played without paying i feel sorry for that i had finish the event so fast and could be the first on all server took me 5 hours but im payer idk what the players who dont have money and just play the game to kill time they have nothing to do on event cant be finished without killing main boss to be honest for me it was easy to kill but i spend 500 $ on stones so even on Christmas some people will not enjoy im sad for that :(

Amaar and Brian1919 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.