Winter Solstice Feedback (2013)

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Callisto, Dec 18, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What did you think of the event?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2014.
  1. Event Length was Ok

56 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Event Length was too short

10 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. I liked the event rewards

44 vote(s)
    45.8%
  4. I did not find the rewards motivating

35 vote(s)
    36.5%
  5. I enjoyed the event

52 vote(s)
    54.2%
  6. I did not enjoy the event at all

21 vote(s)
    21.9%
  7. I liked the event item pricing (in game shop)

12 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. I disliked the event item pricing (in game shop)

39 vote(s)
    40.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

Although the event should have been easy to complete, I have not done so neither am I going to . I have given up due to lag and numerous nebula errors. It was bad enough that as the event progressed the drops got less and less, but to waste ess on Big Paws and have him drop nothing, when you can not even farm as a group anymore, was the ultimate insult for me. BP has managed to screw a good another good event.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. abadedoa

abadedoa Forum Greenhorn

well for me i just started yestarday so i didnt get alot of rewards i wish i played drakensang to early :D

sry for bad english :p

3. ZmajodBosne

ZmajodBosne Active Author

I never got 400, always 250, and last time nothing, even present, zero drop.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I got 500 couple of times.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

There was also a chance of 500 cookies, I got that only once though.
    There is also a chance at 300 on the normal bear... in all, things balanced out and I do not know anyone who truly tried to complete the event that was unable, so I would say the event was over all successful.

Zokin likes this.
  6. Amaki

Amaki Forum Commissioner

Thanks for nice event, it was doable also for newbie (nooby:)) spellweaver. In general enjoyed it, although it took a lot of time to complete (of course due to still weak pg), just it would be nice to have a costume for a lady/girl as a reward next time ))))

7. Ash

Ash Advanced

I started late due to holidays. Had no idea it was on.

Liked the event. Rewards that include a companion, essence, mount, cots, always good. The snowman and snowball throw emotes were not enticing.

The little presents were great fun. Nice to have consumable emotes at least drop often. You get to play with them for a while. In fact, there were many snowball fights going on. See BP? players having fun = more participation.

Boss not too hard. Got a unique too. Unlike ridiculous spider in Borg event.

Like that there was a 2nd map for tougher players. Meaning first map stayed do-able.

Two complaints.
    • How buggy it has been for everyone. At least 5 nebula errors for me, a little lag and one disconnection.
    • We need more essence points. Those snowmen weren't enough. They were bombarded by players. I didn't manage to get much snow essence. I know it's just for the boss, but at least 10% increase.

8. DancingAdolf

DancingAdolf Forum Greenhorn

this event rocks same as last year not much else to say lots of drakens monsters easy to kill and fun to play o_O;):)

9. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

ooo i played and finished nightmare map. my suggsestion. go waste your essences and buffs on mortis. that was my game so far the retardest drop . as wasted so much essence and buffs its just not worth to play nighmare map. throwed away second ticket.

10. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Easy to finish, funny and lovely event, my favorite one :)
    Nightmare map.. that tank is nightmare, but well, I got showman build emote so I'm happy.. mage gave me candy wand, so I'm happy.. :D
    But for most of players it's not worthy. :rolleyes:

11. .Escape.

.Escape. Advanced

Easy event, nice prizes, but in this portal is so hard.. I lost 2x999 red ess, much buffs and 200-250 andermants.

12. SillySword

SillySword Regular

I spend seven days to finish this event. Last year, my F2P level 40 DK solo played normal map, I got 2586/9000 in nine days. Big Paws and some minor bosses were skipped. This year, my F2P level 45 DK solo plays normal map, I get 9000/9000 after 55 rounds, just no Big Paws.

It's much better. But Troll Cookie Trusher and Winter Root Creature in group are harder than foes in PW Q1. Those ice totems/torrents are bad thing with no reason, like troll in happy holiday. I spent 1120 andermants to revive my DK. HP pet does not work properly after player dead. Is the rage attack of Klirr the Wintry buged? Players can get no harm if keep range with it. Game is lag when I engage Knarrts the Fir Tree and foes. One player gives me message about trick that he/she knows to make this event easier. I ignore him/her and don't know anything about that.

Average cookies per round are 130+ (5 piglets are included) when every minor boss all drops 10 cookies only. Average presents per round are 23.9 (green 15.6, blue 7.6 violet 0.7, golden 0.0, just 1 golden). Winterwolf cookie commander drops almost nothing but health sphere. I don't know right or wrong, just feel the quantity is little less than last year. Quantity of green/blue essence stack from present is so few, green is about 50+/-, blue is about 10+.

Why does not NPC return 30 green presents of "A Solstice Tale" quest? Nibbler is few for quest. A piglet on roof is too high to reach for my wide screen (1140x900), I have to resize the window of game applet.

Anyway this is a nice event. All of the above are not complaints. Landscape of Urban areas is very beautiful, event emotes are fun. Thanks to DSO and happy new year.

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.