Winter Solstice Festival 2015

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Dec 5, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Let's see. Where to start?

Snowmen that do not reset.
    Snowmen that players have to fight over, because it's first come, first serve.
    That blinding haze in Nahualtan and Misty Ridge. Is that supposed to be special effects? Bogus.
    Quest items that appear, without links to quests.
    Quest items that disappear from inventory, so we can find them again.
    Map sections without sugar beets.
    Those maps so dark or so overgrown, you can't see chests and quest items.

DSO promised better. Why is it the programmers can't all be on the same page, with the same skills and instructions that work?
    It's even worse, when they tell us what new bugs to expect, in the form of a question.

Theusen likes this.
  2. -Wintersolstice-

-Wintersolstice- Forum Apprentice

I believe that's for the second part of the quests given by that skeleton guy beside Thabo in Kingshill. It gives you an achievement when you turn it in.

Darwarren likes this.
  3. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I just completed my first [Easy] run ... got 12 green and 8 blue presents, no purple (am guessing you only get those on [Diffcult] mode). You need 100 Green, 60 Blue and 30 Purple to get just 5 coins ... my 12 and 8 suggest I'll need somewhere around 8 runs per set of 5 coins ... let's be generous and assume drop rates are 25%, no make it 50% better on [Difficult] mode, so only 4 runs to get that first set of 5 coins ... but we need 1500 coins to get the present = 300 sets of 5 = 1,200 [Difficult] runs?

I admit, I completely forgot about piggies, so possibly they will add to the presents haul?

Still I don't know how you guys can do that many runs, even over a month ... mind-numbing

--------

Corrections: 1) you >can< get purple in [Easy] mode; [Difficult] adds orange presents 2) Piggies are for cookies only

Update: One [Difficult] run, 31 Green, 4 Blue, 1 Purple ... obviously there's a rather wide range of drops here, need a much bigger sample size to give an accurate estimate of # of runs required for The Biggest Present, it's still gotta be around 1,000+

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    misterbean and Theusen like this.
  4. Theusen

Theusen Padavan

The event we look forward to all year... The 1 event that BP would NEVER turn into cr*p, is now officially stripped of any fun...

Baaad BP! Now go stand in the corner with the 'DUNCE'-hat on! -And face the wall for the duration of Xmas!

The only good thing: Russian coalmines are actually making a profit ATM! I bet, I know what BP-devs are getting in their stocking this year... ;)

misterbean likes this.
  5. -Wintersolstice-

Ok guys, here's a (near) complete set of wilderness maps with snowmen marked in red!

They're pretty rough, as I marked them while running around trying to not get mobbed or knocked off my mount, but it they should be clear enough.

It's possible I missed a snowman here and there, feel free to edit them and reupload!

http://imgur.com/a/0SEcP

EDIT: I'm missing the maps from Lor'tac because for some reason, the snowmen for me were bugged there, disappearing as soon as I approached them. Let's just say I got frustrated and ragequit after dying from mobs a few times XD

MANOJ and Theusen like this.
  6. danny868686

danny868686 Forum Greenhorn

snowmen are not respawning for me, got the first lot from all areas, now its been 1 hrs 30mins and not one has re spawned?

7. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

I believe coins will also be available during the minievents.

My bigger heartache with this is that he takes the presents. Do you know how much GOP/gold that represent for 5 coins? Lets say it is all gear in those presents: 30 purple items, 60 blue, and 100 green is an incredible trade for 1/300th of a mysterious prize.

For the snowmen not respawning, found a workaround that is PARTIALLY successful. Switch from Flagged pvp to not Flagged or visa versa and hit the maps again. Got most of them to reset doing this over and over.

misterbean likes this.
  8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Two things. True, they may not reset, but there is no more fighting over them anymore. Everyone can get all the snowmen. I start at Swerfield and go through all the wilderness maps with PvP on. Then I turn off PvP and repeat. Then I farm beats for 30 min and start over. I was able to farm 2k in about an hour. Not bad compared to 600-1000 an hour the last two years.

9. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Yes, and 600-1000 an hour if you were a greedy snowman hogging thug.. like me.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

11. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

Does anyone have any clue about the big present.
    What does it give?
    I will not work on it if it is a legendary gear and few coins. Even the 150 achievement points seems not worth working on.

12. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

My group had some excitement when the program went haywire. Some got multiple quest items, some got none. Items disappeared from inventory, then were found again in another map. A few hours of chaos, you get the picture.
    Anyway, I've completed Drake's quests, and Jullovs' quests, but have leftovers: a Chain of the Order, and a Tome of the Order. Are they needed, or trash?

13. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

Thx a lot for the workaround. And second... I've thought about the same thing... if you do the coins only from the repeatable mission, that means you can get over 20-22 million glyphs if you melt the pink and blue items.
    Give up 20m glyphs for a surprise box? I know bugpoint better so no thx :D
    Only if I can get most of the coins from mini events. Then maybe I'll do the repeatable quest a few times too to finish the 1500 coins but otherwise NO.
    Maybe if they told us what was in the box. (Yeah right 2 green items and some coins -.-). I doubt there is anything in that box worth losing 20m glyphs.

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I have a first hand info ... (this is a leaked info so don't spread it anywhere).
    I can confirm ... something is inside that box.

misterbean likes this.
  15. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

Thx so much man, I was going to make those maps myself but now I see you made it so much easier for me.

By the way I found 1 snowman which was not on your map. On the Torstrond map... a little to the north, right as you come from the Iron Forest map. Right on the border. It's only a few meters to the left of the entrance, you can't miss it.

16. brayan1994

brayan1994 Forum Apprentice

Belt 400 damage and 5000 critical impact of ts? XD

fire2006191 likes this.
  17. _Baragain_

Now that would be worth farming for, lol.

18. Krazydamage

Krazydamage Forum Apprentice

5 From challenge #1
    10 from challenge #2
    25 From challenge #3.
    Total 40

That leaves you with 1500-40 = 1460 Phestos Cookies, and completion of his RE quest gives you 5.
    Yes you read that correctly. 5 cookies

Enjoy completing this 1460/5 = 292 completions to finish.

I (and many others) completed the ENTIRE solstice 12,000 / 12,000 progress in 1 day and this doesn't even yield enough Violet Presents to complete the quest ONCE.

I'm not even sure people could complete that in 1 year.
    Even if this is off by a factor of 10X (e.g. 29.2 completions to finish), I'm not even sure people could complete it in 1 month, as to get 1 completion per day is insane number of hours.

19. -Wintersolstice-

No Problem! Added the one you mentioned.

Cleaned them up and fixed a mistake in Burning coast. Feel free to tell me if you guys find anymore snowmen that I missed. :D

And if someone with a lvl 50 char can map the rest, I'm sure people would appreciate it!

Here's the whole shebang:

[​IMG]

There seems to be random patches of snow falling in places, and also, if you stand on the pile of bones in Burning coast, the Christmas theme cues. Not sure if it's a bug or dark humor. XD

[​IMG]

Bubble and semen470 like this.
  20. _Baragain_

You are missing a key and very important detail. Killing Krampas yields coins too.

1 per kill in challenge #1.
    5 per kill in challenge #2.
    10 per kill in challenge #3.

Sooooooo, farm to finish the mini events and then when you finish #3 go back and finish what ever you still need from the 1500. Worst case, if you didn't do #1 or #2, the worst you have to worry about is is 148 runs in #3. Anyone that finished before challenge 3 is either nuts (the amount of glyphs they missed out on from presents) or an uber farmer (if the managed to get it from challenge #1/#2.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.