Winter Solstice Festival 2015

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Dec 5, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Yeah, amulet is probably the rare drop. If you get one you should be able to complete the set, as the weapon and offhand will drop more frequently.

2. crazyelli

crazyelli Junior Expert

lmao it will be like some of the other events not even there to drop

3. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Why are there no respawns with Premium in this 2nd mini challenge? I died on my first run not knowing what to expect in the map and there is no free respawn option. Either go back to town or plunk in 120 ander for the cause. I hope this is an error and if not I have an idea of where DSO can shove my account.

4. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

agree as well about the free reswpawn, EDIT is the point of paying for premium if you dont get the benefits you pay for? i want a refund!

this game is the only one i have come across where they try soo hard to SCREW over their players, i just dont understand it

Last edited by moderator: Dec 18, 2015
    Dragenstein, Troneck86 and misterbean like this.
  5. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

The amulet actually drops, my guild leader has a complete set, he's a ranger, but he's one of the few to get their hands on it.

I feel ya, I made the effort of buying premium for some time in preparation for the events, but knowing about this, I wouldn't have, some of us buy premium to make up for what our toons lack, because our playtime is already short and it's a way to keep it kinda enjoyable and mitigate the struggle, and because we're aware how often we might end up dying inside an event, but if it's gonna be like this, might as well buy nothing when this one expires.

Dragenstein likes this.
  6. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

There a few, horrible possibities not already mentioned:
    1. DSO's English to German translation is so bad, they think our warnings are suggestions, and intentionally do what we do not want them to do.
    2. They want massive dissatisfaction to increase player flight from game, so they can shut down and do something else.
    3. The DSO minions hate their bosses and employers so much, they use us to stick it to the man.
    4. It's all part of a terrorism plot by _____________________. (Insert favorite name here)
    We all should over-react by ____________________. (Insert favorite extreme measure here)
    5. No one ever accused programmers of being sensitive, people persons. They are just little design machines with benefit plans and no conscience. We get what we pay for.
    6. "Wipe and Flush" is not company policy.

Feel free to add more. :)

7. Mindship

Mindship Forum Inhabitant

Just a thought: is it possible there is simply a vast cultural divide -- between what Americans and Europeans expect -- when it comes to what's an appropriate reward for a given amount of work? Are Americans spoiled? Do Germans have a harsh work ethic? (I think I'd read that grinding will be Ex. Ten. Sive. in the Asian version of this game.)

Jiminy Crickets, we can't even agree on dots or commas for decimals.

8. Kingpin003

Kingpin003 Someday Author

Could someone sane explain to me why Icy Shield (reward for dragonknight from mini event) doesn't have ANY block strenght? You're giving me a shield that recquired over 100 runs to obtain and saying: "Look, with this shield you'll block every now and then but blocked damage will be exactly 0". That would be equivalent of having critical hit chance but critical damage would be as same as your base damage. And i can't even combine it with any other item since only shields have block strenght stat.
    I truly hope some of developers will notice this thread and update our shields with some block strenght, otherwise this set is only good for melting.

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I think each kranparus offhand is missing something. The steam mech offhand lacks the base 1. 0 steam/sec regen that a white offhand would have.

--MERGED--

The "appropriate" reward for work or effort often depends on what side of the negotiating line you are on.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    EhtovK likes this.
  10. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

finally nearing the end of mini2. Does anyone has a good guide to mini3 ? The path looks longer.........any recommended group splittings ?

11. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Same strategy just like for the challenges #2 and #1 ... everything is the same only the map is bigger and the monsters are stronger.

[​IMG]

mrmlja likes this.
  12. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

I realised a group is required for mini1, mini2 is doable solo, for mini3, is there enough time for a 2-3 group to run from end to end ?

13. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

free respawn for premium users is missing...thats what missing from our reason to buy premium

14. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

The 3rd I hope has free respawn if not then I am sure people will do what ever to get through it. Me personally not going to do it. There are other rewarding activities to occupy my time.

15. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

The Winter Calendar and the Solstice Cave are nice touches. Thanks.

16. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

I see they have made it easier for the cashers now by adding event coins for sale at only 499 Ander each. Pretty steep for something that there is no official announcement on as to the chest contents.

Oh I see now there is info on this...

17. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

My (noob lvl 50) DK on the test server was able to open all 11 cages of the 3rd challenge within the time given (360 seconds?) in a solo run (while that was very hard or impossible for the first challenge).
    I think it will be doable, unless difficulty has been increased a lot since then.

18. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Another new low: having toured the world, all my snowmen are used up and not resetting.
    OK, so there's a quota now, on how many you can get?

Let's see, plenty of time to debug Kranparus, but no time to fix the snowmen, or let teeth stack, or deliver on hundreds of promises.

19. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yea ... but there is only one Kranparus ... and many snowmen scattered all over Dracania :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.