Feedback Winter Solstice Festival 2015

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Dec 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding the Winter Solstice Festival 2015 event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. Red_Jaeger

Red_Jaeger Junior Expert

What I found to be problematic is that the first mini event begins...tomorrow?

That would be alright if the main event would start on time - but it's four days late. Given the data I sourced from the forum and the wiki, the mini event has a progress of 2000 with a maximum of 48 progress per run. That means a minimum of 42 runs, which is at the very least 42 entrances to the hard map. It is extremely difficult for someone who has a limited time to play every day to farm enough entrances and resources to complete the first mini event within just a day or two.

draco994 and _Baragain_ like this.
  3. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

Is it intended or is it a bug?
    [​IMG]

4. Mansuet

Mansuet Forum Greenhorn

Upon entering the difficult map, it's empty, has happened twice in a row, in group. The first time, some entered different instances too.

5. DARK_SPIRIT_007

DARK_SPIRIT_007 Forum Apprentice

So is the winter event live now

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

On the European servers. It will come to the American servers soon; Agathon first, Tegan second.

7. Red_Jaeger

Red_Jaeger Junior Expert

Well, considering that I can solo the hard map without even considering it a significant threat, the difficulty there sounds just about right. It ought to be hard for newer players, otherwise there would be no reason to have a hard map to begin with.

I do agree that the shooting heads are not...intuitive. Having a small puzzle to solve or something similar might have worked, or even some sort of multi-variant bosses/guardians that need to be killed, but having something that can just kill newer players in one shot, only to force them to climb a map again, is frustrating. It just wastes time. At least, if it is a monster, I can fight back and accept the outcome if I die. Getting shot from stone statues, not fun.

misterbean likes this.
  8. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

Stuck on painful map..... cant get out of that cicle :(
    [​IMG]

Szmaciak likes this.
  9. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

Just trued the mini event. It's simply bad, end of story.
    Every single event there are ton of people complaining how bad the designs are. Sure there will always be a group of people that dislike something, but in DSO case that group of people is the whole community. Very bad events, from a very bad company.
    If DSO team actually play the game for fun, they will understand how bad their game is.

10. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

me 2 just tried mini event,not wasting my time with something so over the top and has nothing to do with playing a game.
    this is just way too much,i died in a safe zone clear of fog with nothing attacking me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Theusen, Darwarren and misterbean like this.
  11. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Between fatal lag and overwhelming tasks, there is no one left to group for the mini event.
    Colossal failure by design team.
    F.
    F -, if it weren't for Moosov (+).

P. S. To the ones in the layout or designer team, who put obstacles or invisible minions in the laser fields, a special word of encouragement: A career is calling you somewhere else.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    Szmaciak and misterbean like this.
  12. glesia

glesia Advanced

i dunno how you guys expect us to do this challenges in 3 days with 48/2000 progress a run. i have a life to run kids and wife and dont have every waking min to spend on the challenges. need more time or up the progress.

Szmaciak, Knifefromjack and Darwarren like this.
  13. littlemichel

littlemichel Active Author

run through all thing (lag , bug drops ,map crash,no timer for 120 sec ??? or just me ) and than out from challenge's map with only 1 coin and 48 progress on hand , I just felt stupid and regret ,I did it .this kind challenge just not for me , maybe some hardcore player want do that but not for me . I'm done with main event , but for this challenge I'm out .good luck and have fun.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Szmaciak, Darwarren and misterbean like this.
  14. _Baragain_

People don't do math. Well, I finally did it for everyone.

Challenge 1: 2000 Progress to finish.
    You get 48 progress and 1 coin per run.
    This means you need 42 runs to finish the challenge.
    If you can run to the map, get through the map, and save the kids in 10 min, then you will need about 7 (maybe as much as 8) hours to finish. The first mini event lasts 48 hours, so you need to be farming for roughly 14.6% of the time available or if you sleep 12 hours a day, about 30% of your awake time.
    At the end of this challenge (because of the 10 from the progress bar) you'll be 52/1500 for the gift.

Challenge 2: 2700 Progress to finish
    You get 84 progress and 5 coins per run.
    This means that you need 33 runs to finish the challenge.
    If you can run to the map, get through the map, and save the kids in 15 min, then you will need about 8:15 (maybe as much as 9) hours to finish. The second mini event lasts 72 hours, so you need to be farming for roughly 12.5% of the time available or if you sleep 12 hours a day, about 25% of your awake time.
    At the end of this challenge (because of the 15 from the progress bar) you'll be at 232/1500 for the gift.

Challenge 3: 3300 Progress to finish

You get 132 progress and 10 coins per run.
    This means that you need 25 runs to finish the challenge.
    If you can run to the map, get through the map, and save the kids in 20 min, then you will need about 8:20 (maybe as much as 9) hours to finish. The final mini event lasts 120 hours, so you need to be farming for roughly 7.5% of the time avaliable or if you sleep 12 hours a day, about 15% of your awake time.
    At the end of this challenge (because of the 25 from the progress bar) you'll be at 507/1500 for the gift.

From there, you will need an additional 100 runs to finish the 1500 for the box.
    If you can do each of those runs in 15 min (because you don't have to go back for the kids), it will take you another 25 hours.
    This means a total farm time in the last event of about 34 hours. If the box is your goal, then you need to be farming for roughly 28.3% of the time available or if you sleep 12 hours a day, about 56% of your awake time.
    After spending a total of about 51-55 hours, you will have 1500/1500 and what ever the contents of that box are... better be good.

In short, the mini events are doable with a moderate amount of farming, but if you want the big box, be prepared to farm like crazy in the last mini event.

EhtovK, VMmage, Theusen and 6 others like this.
  15. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Thanks for the math. Their most recent monetization strategy is killing me. Im curious where is that line or moment when people would rather decide to abandon the event, and the game overall instead of doing all of that and/or paying.

And congrats on falling in love) what a palette :))

16. _Baragain_

Speaking of monitization, this is one of the least expensive to buy in a long time. All three can be bought for 120K ander which is less than it cost to buy one mini event in the Viscanium event.

17. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

Every event/mini event can be done in somewhat decent amount of play time. Given +/- some minutes of more play time that is supposed to/healthy to finish. But as soon as I saw how much I collect for a single run and the progress I must make (2k), I just gave up... I'm playing to have some fun, not to farm a single map like some brain dead zombie. It could be fun if the monsters actually provide some better behavior, but no, they are all the same. Exactly the same HP, exactly the same damage, exactly the same mob type... every single damn run ! Why don't the Team Leader play one of their well crafted events, from start to finish and realize what the situation is in every damn single event ? Through reading his mind I will state that he thinks it's boring and lacks the creativity to work on the feedback provided by his own brain.
    I want to play for fun, not to be frustrated every time I log in !

Now on a different complaint (If someone wonders why it's always complains, well it's because nothing valuable arrives in the game).
    Why are we supposed to collect these carrots? Every pack of mobs drops like 5-10 of them. I now have 1.5k+ and raising them with ease. The entrance is 1 or 12 carrots. Why mobs drops them so often?
    My reasoning is that the devs thought the entrance fee should be very common. That's good. The net result would be players possessing 5k carrots at the end of the event. Useless carrots.
    But if the devs decided the entrance fee to be so common, why they didn't simply made it free? Why make it more complex from a gameplay perspective and from programming perspective.
    - Team Leader: Make the entrance fee 1 carrot and give every single mob a 100% chance to drop 1 carrot.

Why the heck are you making things so complex and repetetive ?!
    Why the heck I must be so frustrated every time I play ?!
    Why the heck are you so bad and who on earth hired this team leader ?!

synje and gemon666 like this.
  18. Excalibur1974

Excalibur1974 Junior Expert

Ok, i think the trick is simply to choose if doing or not doing the minievents.
    For this Xmas event, it's obvoius that i choose to not complete the minievents.
    Will take some fun doing the main event progress line, will be more relaxing :)

Hoping that all people will do things this way, showing to BP what we really need.
    Cheers.

gemon666 likes this.
  19. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

as much as I love to do it for the rewards, I am skipping 2 days are way too hardcore. An add on 1 day to ea Minis is doable...

20. _Baragain_

The next one is 3 days and the third is 5 days. The hardest one is the first one, the rest should be much easier, but if you miss the first one, then you won't be able to make the 4%/4%/4% gem.

Darwarren and misterbean like this.