Feedback Winter Solstice Festival 2016

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Dec 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That is not a maxed character... no where close. 8K HP on a 2H DK will not be able to solo much of anything above Painful in the PWs because event difficulties seem to follow a different scale.
    Excruciating Dragan (no such thing as Fatal Dragan) is easy enough because you can use red essence. With the bear, you are forced into using 150% essence. I bet that Excruciating Dragan would be a lot tougher for you if you had to use 150% essence.

Guess it is time for me to dust off the recording software and demo.

2. Jocom

Jocom Forum Apprentice

I've been disinclined to continue the event, but I might only just go as far as I can each time, because who doesn't like presents? Reason I have felt so disinclined is only because the level of difficulty seems a little off. Not the totems, but the monsters. On any regular Dracania maps my character does ok, granted he is a tad on the weak side, but he's a Ranger and they have balance issues right now. Compared to that, going through the Normal difficulty of the event was like pulling teeth. I went solo and even using blue essence I was having a difficult time, when during the same event last year, I was able to solo the event map a few times with very little difficulty using blue essence. I made it halfway through this year's event map because of the amount of teeth I had to pull.

anonima likes this.
  3. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

This years event didn't get any improvements, only got more difficult(in my opinion).

What's good about this event: story, graphics, presents concept, event rewards(just on mini events and the big present), different maps. Kingshill decoration is nice :) but the harbor is not decorated! :p

The list of what I don't like is a bit long so I will put just few of them :)
    Totems damage is ridiculous even on normal difficulty, especially a direct hit. You should at lease put a bit more space in between them.
    For me, presents drop only equipment. This is not what I imagine a present to be. It should drop different things(even useless things) because like this it is just like a normal equipment drop.
    Main event awards are almost same as in the previous years events and they are nothing special.

This event is 7.5/10.

4. Orange_George

Orange_George Padavan

my event progress is around 4000 , 1/3 of the way.
    so far i have found 14 violet presents at this rate i will need
    years to collect enough to get the 1500 coins to open that big box!
    why is the violet presents drop rate so low???
    i saved my coins from all of last year a total of 35 coins saved.
    even with those coins there will be no way i could dream of getting enough a complete
    that quest. it makes me want to quit playing this event knowing i will never get that box to open.
    come on guys why the heck are the quest's designed so only the few elite players can even have a remote chance to finish them.

anonima likes this.
  5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

You're doing it wrong. You get the big present by killing krampus over and over, especially in mini's 2 and 3. 5 coins drop per Krampus kill in mini 2 and 10 coins in mini 3 (only 1 drops in mini 1). I believe that mini 1 is mode 2 (painful), mini 2 is mode 3 (excruciating) and mini 3 is mode 4 (fatal).

I soloed painful bear as a 2H dk last night without dying, although it took 700 snow ess. I was able to survive by going to 25/25 in hp, which got me over 14K hp with the dq 10% hp buff. I also have the timing down for the turrets so I didn't get hit more than once.

A 2H dk with hp of 8K is too low on HP.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  6. Vale17

Vale17 Forum Apprentice

Question to mods:
    Does the above mean that in challenges 2 & 3 the HP and dmg of mobs and boss will be set to amounts corresponding to the above difficulties? If the answer is "yes", the minis will be doable only by twinks.

Or will it be "just the name", with stats fixed at some arbitrary level? (Last year it was done that way... but last year also the difficulties of the basic event were different than now).

7. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Yes.

Cheers.

Vale17 likes this.
  8. Vale17

Vale17 Forum Apprentice

Thanks for info! While I like the fact that you replied so fast (in my "mother tongue" forum I could wait for days), I must say I do not like the content so much ;) . Well, I guess I will have time to socialize with ppl in real world this Xmass :D

9. Orange_George

Orange_George Padavan

for a ranger with my gear i do not think i will be able to defeat the lvl 2 boss let alone anything harder.
    as it is now i did kill big paws in lvl 2 once it took me several k's of essence and i got killed 8-10 times.
    makes the event with all things considered not any fun at all.
    when they name it fatal it is a nogo for 90% of players

anonima likes this.
  10. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

90%? Probably more like 98 or 99%.

11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

You will probably need to go with a tank dk. Because mini 2 and 3 are larger maps, there might be a preference for larger groups for this part of the event.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  12. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You're in luck... I did the math for the smart way last year and it will be similar, adjusting for more coins on higher difficulties, but slightly longer times.
    I did it with 261 snow ess, but my offensive stats are closer to what could actually be considered to a "maxed out" DK and I have 15k+ HP/68% armor/52% resist to go with it. Also, regarding the turrets, if you fight up by the Christmas Tree by the exit, you have nothing to worry about from those Easter Island wannabes. And if you position yourself right with your back against the wall, when he does his spin charge, he won't go anywhere and reset.

[​IMG]

Of course, this depends on you having enough HP to take a hit and enough damage to refill it with MWS/DH/Potions.
    My thoughts exactly. Using the position above, any decent tank could tank excruciating/fatal without too much difficulty. Throw in at least one SM for stun resistance and the odds of the DK losing agro and the boss resetting is slim (but I'd imagine infuriating if it happened.)

On a separate note, I saw the announcement about the kills of the snow slush boss and because I can handle Excruciating, I'll do my part to help those that don't have the Solstice Reindeer get the parts. I'm planning on doing 20+ runs gunning for that boss and ignoring most of the others.

13. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

For me, this event is horrible so far. Progress rewards are mostly useless, except for the jewel at the end (not sure about challenges yet). Opened a free present yesterday and got some useless buff. Missiles from statues do way too much damage. Also snow essences are stupid. I have to run around hours in a basic map just to get enough essences to kill the bear for mediocre rewards. It would be tolerable if they were in dungeons too, as I could farm them from pw.

So I stopped doing the event after a while and played pw, and I get all this crazy lag that ppl in the forum tell me is because of the sugar beets. Don't get me wrong, I love auto pickup, but you could always just have realm fragments do the job instead of introduce yet another currency that will be used for a month and then thrown away (I know I can use it next year but no thanks).

anonima likes this.
  14. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

BP, you've taken away the only choice we could do: the event difficulty.
    Event's rewards are 95% useless.

I only hope that the coins dropped from boss are 1 in challenge2 (painfull), 7 in challenge2 (excruciating: 150% of painfull drop) and 20 in challenge3 (fatal: 200% of painfull drop)

So, if you calcs are right we'll get:
    - challenge1: 48 run x 1 coin = 48 coins
    - challenge2: 33 run x 7 coins = 231 coins
    - challenge3: 25 run x 20 coin = 500 coins
    - challenges rewards: 10+15+25 = 50 coins
    for a total of 829 coins so we need only other 34 runs in challenge3 (or 96 in challenge2) for open Big Present

15. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Challenge#1 - 1 coin
    Challenge#2 - 5 coins
    Challenge#3 - 10 coins

16. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

Like last year but in 2015 all challenge were at painfull :(
    No problem...i'll go directly to boss then i'll save only the 2 children near top so there want 80 run to finish challenge but i spent less time than 25 full run and 55 run for kill only boss.
    Doing that last year I opened big present with 2pg and I have 300 coins for now

17. rochrllr

rochrllr Forum Greenhorn

Why aren't there any Xmas decorations for the lower lvl players that can't enter the event yet?

18. ElveElve

ElveElve Someday Author

LAST YEAR MINICHALLENGES WERE LOCKED IN PAINFUL/EXCRUCIATING/FATAL DIFFICULTIES TOO FOR MINI 1, 2 AND 3 RESPECTIVELY. I DO REMEMBER GETTING 21 28 36 ANDER STACKS. YES, I HAVE OPENED THE 1500 COINS PRESENT LAST EVENT SO I SHOULD KNOW. STOP COMPLAINING, ITS NOW EASIER WITH STRONGER TOONS. U HAD 1 YEAR OF FARMING, IF THE DIFFICULTY IS THE SAME THE 1500 WILL BE EASIER NOW.

Actually i have realised the increased difficulty when mini2 became available, and i started getting higher stacks of ander. The base HP of these monsters was riddiculously low, so that even on Excruciating, the only available difficulty, in mini2, these were still 1-2 hits, as 900% increase of a very low value is still very low.

As for the event itself, i wonder if there is any reliable way to farm pink presents. If i could farm 90 a day, i could get 15 coins each day the mini is no available. However mod3 is kinda too hard, unless blue ess, which i'm trying to save for minievents, and mod2 sometimes gives staggering 1 pink present :/ Actually ill go ahead and ask the question somewhere else on forum

As for the event, its really cool. i already finished on my low ranger, half way on low mage, the gem is really nice, the map flow is decent too. However please nerf the pillars damage, I'm sure lots of inexperienced players will simply quit the game out of frustration.

Thanks, Elve.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  19. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

You do know there are people who played for less than a year maybe 3 months or so and they will not be able to open the present or even complete the mini events.

20. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

I'm one of those (4month old), but I even don't bother with big present coz it is simply imposible for me, I don't bother to fill progress bar too coz I don't see anything I want from there. But I like this event for green/blue presents which droping pretty good on painful. Somebody will say that those presents are just junk gear but I would like to have 999 blue junks for crafting and only in 1 square in my inventory.