Feedback Winter Solstice Festival 2016

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Dec 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Orange_George

Orange_George Padavan

stats:
    armor 74.30%
    blk rate 80%
    blk str 70,54%
    hp 7776
    is seems my great armor is only effective on the normal lvl .
    so same here, dso has expected us to grow in strength, and some who play every day 4+hours i would beleve have.
    however i do not have the time and now not the desire to do so.
    so ya i have found other games and just quit investing my time and $ here.
    the main thing for me is they do not pay attention especially when i was a full member all in for the year with the most costly.
    and i did not see any of those uniques exclusive to members till i complained.
    so ya i think this event is a failure forcing players to the lvl they do not want and can not do.
    games are supposed to be fun and i suppose the fatal lvl is the only challange for the elite player,
    but the rest of us no way, it's a huge dissappointment.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I prefer to get same old good rewards ... rather than a new worthless.
    Those 2 gems are among the best in this game ... not to mention the challenge rewards and the big present rewards.
    Excellent!
    There is a reason it is called a "challenge".
    When I started playing the game I couldn't finish the first events ...
    When the aliens created us ... I mean when the god first created us ... uhmm ... I mean when we evolved from apes into humans we couldn't use the internet.

3. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

I know there is a reason. Chal sounds like chat and lenge sounds like length so everyone should know challenge is called chat length. But because of copy right reasons they changed it a bit to sound like challenge. I have no problem with challenges and I actually enjoy them more. I couldnt do the mini events last year but it didnt change much. Even if people who started recently cant do that they can get a lot more from this event like a really good way to craft which I wont say for no nerfing.

But there were no rules against raping back then. Who needs the interent when you got free p**n walking in the forest.

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

With stats like that, i would look into trading 1000 or 1500 armor for 2000 or 3000 hp. armor has diminishing returns, which is why people go for hp once they get past a certain point.

5. -SirMadMan-

-SirMadMan- Someday Author

I like how the heads can kill even a defensive DK in a single unblocked hit. I like how the bear boss even in the middle difficulty modes is harder than a PW boss on Fatal. I like that the heads near the boss can't be destroyed. I like that everything we complained about last year is back again and that the event - including the pointless "rewards" - is a simple cut 'n' paste from last year. I also like that the Challenges are set to a particular difficulty and soft players don't have a chance. But twinks can now do them. Good to see that the team put so much effort into making the most anticipated event of the game so completely and utterly.... meh.

6. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

What happend to the daily codes?

7. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Haruki left, that's what happened with the daily bonus codes.

Troneck86 and Allogeneous like this.
  8. Heaven

Heaven Junior Expert

Has anyone had any luck with the amphoras? I want to get the santa costume really badly as it's one of the two that I'm missing to have all my favorites, but I'm not sure if it's worth spending ander on keys if the drop rate is too low.

9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

No idea about the amphoras, but I got it from my first painful Big Paws kill.

10. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

The Challenge 01 .. very hard, like it's made for people that pay money, it's not made for everyone the enjoy at all. This game is geting worst every year. Congrats!

11. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

It's every month... actually it's twice every month since we get 2 releases per month.

SGK|GaminG|HD2000 and buzzed99 like this.
  12. flodder

flodder Regular

Lol mini event start and i have DSO client problems?

13. perrush

perrush Active Author

my son and I start playing the mini event, ... 48 progress the first round ... 42 times to enter to complete the challenge ... ... no sorry, we do have a life. A game should be fun, not a brainkilling torture

14. Orange_George

Orange_George Padavan

ya forget the event the rewards are in no way worth it.
    i will try for a unique drop from the boss, but i have doubts if i will see any.

15. anonima

anonima Forum Greenhorn

I've never considered good this event but (like many others) i started to considered it acceptable compared to the others rubbish DSO events; This rubbish is increased exponentially, over the years, thanks to your pseudo-improvements.
    You have ruined this event!
    Ok, everything predictable after your announcement of wanting to "improve" the Christmas event (brrrrrr...for each announcement there comes the panic), but we're never enought prepared for the disaster caused from your sadism...
    The event in general is always been an event with ridiculous drop although it was made everytime cute from the packaging; but it's only an empty pack, a rip off!

What is the event of Christmas this year?
    The progress of the event gives us the same prizes as the previous version.
    The fast mount is usefull for those who do not have once and for those who like to collect mounts, but it's the same mount from the last year event and also i've to work harder to get it - increased diffucult without sense-.
    It was a good opportunity for everyone, but now it became much more restrictive about choice of farm or the participation to the event. Even for those who still have nice characters is certainly not a pleasure to know the absurd difficult entering in the painful mode and higher, always for a ridiculous drop and a recycled event that does not give better rewards or different from previous and easier versions.
    In my opinion, you can start to avoid "the hassle" to add extra difficulty levels and just start to put these two modes: "free players"--"no free players". The game has become this: Increasingly closed to the firsts and ever more pressing for the seconds. There is no reason to go for the self-defeating in trouble in other than normal mode's (it's sad)...
    In painful there you go just obliged by Moose quest (even sadder); in excruciating and fatal modes there goes only who oddly thinks the drop is better and who is happy for the ridicoulus challenge that asks to kill 10k times "Shupp" to get a mount old when you could have it quite simply with an event more enjoyable than this. No comment!
    Old stuff is re-sold a little too much at higher prices then news in this game!
    Then, do not forget the turrets: players has always asked for a lowering of the damage and turrets do more damages.

What is most unacceptable is what you have done to the mini events:
    - You are forced to face all the difficulties in sequence;
    - you are forced to enter in the higher diffulties already in the first map, instead you could let to choise the difficult at the entrance of the second map... To cross the map in higher difficulties it's good to make us spend extra-resources and extra-time, that's what BP wants; - even in mini-events the difficulty was changed, "improved", increased;
    - the drop of the coins for the "big present" is ridiculous.

For the first time I did one round of mini-event and I decided not to go ahead. It would be a waste of time to feel sad for not to be able to complete anything (or mini-event nor the "big present") and it would be a guaranteed waste of resources. This game is the most stingy and less satisfying than there might be, also at Christmas, in fact it's even more greedy pushing people to shopping more to fill their coffers with every wonderful opportunity!

Good deal of Christmas!
    :eek:

16. Orange_George

Orange_George Padavan

as expected no unique, usually if i were to get one it would be during the first few kills.
    well 5 kills so far and the legendary drops 1 saw in the 1st two kills has fallen now to ex and majic.
    a bummer to say the least, and now my few ander are almost gone and the essence i had is used up.
    i will update here if i see a unique but i have a very low expectation of getting one.
    last year i did have one drop but that was all i seen.
    with everything getting harder and the player being able to make choices on where to go limited, makes the "challange"unworthy of my efforts.

17. knifesss

knifesss Forum Apprentice

In normal i have one unique drop and one polished gem that is only from climbing the MT and the drops were from small creatures. All else greens and blues with an occasional purple.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  18. SGK|GaminG|HD2000

SGK|GaminG|HD2000 Active Author

I always want to play this event for the cloak (which you can't get now) and the snowman costume. ( which is even harder to get now)
    But the thing is I never managed to to get these. Which now changed to impossible. And the turrets... haha middle finger for you xD

19. Nonempty1

Nonempty1 Forum Greenhorn

If we could craft the unique Xmax weapons, I think it would have more fun for this events.

20. Opalsion

Opalsion Junior Expert

No please don't give them ideas! Our inventories will explode with all these "bright" Tier1, Tier2 uniques we have already. :p

Troneck86, BigBugPunto, darkv and 2 others like this.