Wolves vs Gaurdian

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by fourtwenty68, Feb 17, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Awwww now you didn't have to get all personal just because you incorrectly thought someone was supporting you. The point of those comments/suggestions is to invite discussion. That's why it's called a forum. If that is not what you desire then you should keep a little journal. It won't disagree with you and point out the downside of your ideas or argue. BTW the support you thought you were getting from Dar was just the opposite. And to make it worse, you were telling a 67 year old man that a 48 year old man was too old to change, and on his Birthday no less. The irony of the whole thing is classic.:D:D:D:DBest ever.

I could have indeed. But, since you think an SW knows more about how wolves work and miss the points of duration vs cooldown, you feel empowered to make inaccurate statements like above. But hey I'm OLD;) and my intellect is way off base:D and I've never played the gameo_O. That's OK, when you get older you won't feel the need to change the discussion to a personal attack when you get your feelings hurt.

Yep, I have said that similar cookie cutter message in other threads because the whining about "how come they get this skill and I don't" misses the bigger picture of the game. Classes have differences which give advantages and disadvantages. You get one and have to live with the other. And, if you don't like them then choose the other class and play it.

My arguments are based in logic, not emotion. But, your emotional ones are welcome as well.

Whats truly funny D is he gave you the "like" cause he thought you were talking about me:D

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

IKR. ROFL

3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I am not sure whether this thread was opened as a plea for help for ideas to deal with wolves, or a complaint to ask devs to change things, but here goes...

My method of dealing with wolves is to do one of several options depending on what skills I have available and the level of scary of the ranger who just set the wolves on me. I play team matches nowadays, so that's my point of reference.

Option 1: Mind control, then run away/triple teleport away.
    Option 2: Lightning strike the ranger until they're dead, then the wolves go away on their own. Problem solved.
    Option 3: Just run. Seriously. Wolves are so easily distracted by other random targets nearby, so run close and set them on your own teammates, or your teammates summons. I mean, your teammates might not be too happy, but you're alive, so who cares? :D
    Option 4: Drop dead. Well, that probably wasn't much of a choice, but I do explode on death, so while I derive no personal benefit from blowing the wolves to smithereens, at least my team has a temporary cleared area to walk on. (I fully realize you mentioned you're only 38 on the fame tree, so this isn't an option for you yet, but perhaps in the future.)

I actually dislike using my own guardian in a match to grab the wolves because of the possibility of it getting mind controlled. Long story short, I don't want my own guardian to turn on me, there's a chance it might kill me embarrassingly fast. If the other team doesn't have a single SW though... guardian is fair game imo.

Kráčajúci and BigPapa like this.
  4. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

well Happy Birthday!

and thx silverseas, but i think its more my groups wolves now, blocking me at critical moments.

5. Kráčajúci

Kráčajúci Exceptional Talent

hmm...
    mage blocked me on 5v5 when i was running with flag. please delete this char -_-
    yes, wolves can block you but they can block teammates.

6. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Oh that. I remember my bro's wolves blocking me from getting out of the burning waters of Gorga Hard before and I died. XD Typically in PvE, I will request people what to do/not to do with their summons, especially when I need to run.

In PvP I just let their wolves run ahead of me/I deliberately dodge behind them. Extra layer of shield to take the two fireballs that'll otherwise roast me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.