Feedback Worst Update ~ Ruined Game

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheBullFroG, Dec 3, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should Bigpoint bring back old DSO?

1. Yes I want old DSO

95.8%
  2. No new is good

4.2%
  1. amuntak47

amuntak47 Someday Author

Dont waste your time , DELETE IT

2. Abel

Abel Forum Greenhorn

Just returned to DSO a week ago and now after update... man... try to create new character. One shotting everything till meeting unkillable Herdeur. Later on hits to all mobs with "block". Archer... what is it a shaman now? Im unable to play at 30lvl... bosses are unkillable on quest level. Riddicolous. Interface require a telescope, its ugly and small. All this new pastel colours on icons was a big mistake all this looks terrible now. Im not coming back and was exited to start over till this broken update...

3. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

Same here, i did all the PW rather easy on painfull and excruciating and with the help of ess even fatal.
    After the CE tried PW5, i mean, the lowest setting is infernal! :mad:

They also removed all the surprise chests on the maps.

And what about the drops: someone mentioned this before, if u are lucky clear one map for 2 greenes, 1 blue, some coins and stones and that's it. I guess the factory where items are being made are closed as a result of corona o_O

ntoritsa, Teradura, .Queens and 6 others like this.
  4. Mistralrex

Mistralrex Forum Apprentice

Game is ruined, they want more money and broke the game.

5. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

The Abandoned Treasures chest only appear after you've cleared the map (or possibly a high percentage of the mobs).

On top of that, when you finally trigger them to spawn, a much higher percentage of these free chests show instead as locked chests. This isn't a new phenomenon, some chests popping up requiring lock picks instead of as free chests, but the ratio has been tilted heavily toward lock picks in this release.

Oh, and the location of chests has changed.

Which means:

1. If you want to open the chests, you have to go back through the entire map a second time
    2. You need to relearn the locations
    3. You'll get fewer lock picks from the free chests
    4. You'll run out of lock picks to open the locked chests
    5. BP expects you to buy lock picks to open those
    In reality, most of us will just forget about chests (just as we're not bothering to actively harvest plants and ores ... in part due to the ridiculous cost of the Multitool, and in part because the consumable ingredients now drop randomly from mobs in non-Normal difficulty modes).

6. max-le-terrible

max-le-terrible Forum Greenhorn

hello,
    I’ve been playing this game for more than 5 years now, but I don’t recognize it anymore!
    As soon as we leave a city, I realize that my weapons are slow, that my bag is filled with rules that were set with my equipment and that I don’t know what to do with! In short I do not find the spirit of this game. For the moment it is sure that I will not connect to the game. When the pleasure of playing is extinguished, the flame is harder to relight...
    Now my quest will be to find on the net a game in the same spirit... Goodbye.

7. SkyfallDSO

SkyfallDSO Forum Greenhorn

If they reverse this update, I can GURANTEE 100% that players would be much happier. They need to go back, get feedback from players, work more on the content expansion and then release it again after it's complete.

--- MERGED ---

I couldn't agree more with you, I was absolutely shocked to see the changes that they made, to the point where this game feels nothing like what it was. And I mean nothing what it was in a bad way (really awful changes).

Last edited by moderator: Dec 7, 2020
    tozagol, ntoritsa, Teradura and 6 others like this.
  8. LordDennius

LordDennius Forum Greenhorn

Terrible update! Developers, bring back the old game and interface! It's impossible to play it!

9. maimunasgranata

maimunasgranata Forum Greenhorn

Friends! Drakensang is death! It just got killed with the last update. But what I noticed is that there is a lack of players...Five years ago the arenas were full. A lot of players were playing the game, I never waited to join a group battle. It was fun!!! Now you wait for too long. Also, there are not enough people to make a good team against the monsters. But with the last update, I think they just killed everything, especially my desire to play the game. May be after few months I will try it again, this time I will not delete my hero, like I did last time. Asta la vista...

10. StathisToKoukli

StathisToKoukli Forum Greenhorn

Pvp is also ruined for low levels. Players level 14 can have level 45+ items by going inside dungeons with another level 100 player.

tozagol, ргцт and FAALHAAS like this.
  11. Arbiter00

Arbiter00 Forum Apprentice

I know pvp is not the main thing of the game but now is realy cringe.
    The best thing of the update is the new item's crafting sistem.
    I don't think a change like that to gems, and runes, was necessary... It was realy better when you could combine 3 and do 1. Please do again like level 55, you changed the gems and then you turned back.
    The worst thing are the difficulties, before you could do painfull-inf1 with low/medium stats realy easy, now with 250k dmgs on painfull you get deleted by 5 hits (2 from a boss) and the enemies have got too much hp.
    At lv 100 you defenately need too much crit value to get 80% on normal mode.
    The wisdom now is indispensable but is realy hard to encrease.
    Dailyes are useless.
    I think this is a realy good expansion but there are so much things to change and make them similar to old Dso.
    I know they just want more money but is better if they say it now, and then we can unistall.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  12. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

Hi again. i posted here a few days ago, and now that time has past i may say that nothing has change a little bit. i still don't get to use to the gem etc... set and unique objects broken so one has to re-equip every thing again... i was trying to do quest and seeing what story is about and once you finish chapter 1 it seems one must wait for chapter 2. quests bugged, and we receive a hotfix that seems not be working properly... most of the problems i'm sure have been reported, but they, BP, are compleatly unshaken answering things like we must wait for release 246 that whoever knows when is gonna happen, but don't dare to bother them cos it's gonna be xmast time...

Talking about xmast time... i use discord and i hear people complaing there saying how stupid this event became, that doing it in painful or excruciating doesn't get it worths it... i'm not gonna write here all bad comments they say, and the truth is i decided not to play any event since i have reach to 100 lvl with all quest finished but it's sad seeing how people i have had nice time playing with them it sems they can't stand but for a few hours plaing this game now...

Thanks for reading me.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  13. dam18

dam18 Someday Author

1) not normal mode to kranparus more.
    2)Twisted wood i worst dungeon ever so confused.

14. JoeXOnu

JoeXOnu Forum Greenhorn

Latest CE Dark Legacy = Evidence that the accounting department gives direction to the game development department without thinking or caring what the actual consumers/players want from the game.

15. Jimbo911

Jimbo911 Forum Greenhorn

The changes to the daily challenges are certainly disappointing. No longer worth doing any of the daily challenges.

tozagol, Teradura and passemuraille like this.
  16. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Once in awhile I'll see a Polished gem bag there, but usually in a position where it's impossible to obtain.

I'm referring to the myriad bugs in the Daily Challenge structure, e.g., requiring a difficulty far beyond a toon's capacity, or simply not counting a challenge as completed even after you've killed the appropriate boss in the appropriate mode.

What concerns me most about the Daily Challenges is the dearth of Ancient Wisdom points as rewards. Wisdom is more important than ever, but leveling up in that tree will be exceptionally slow. I predict this alone will cause many new players to rage quit after a week or so.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

But let's not forget this little gem: In order to get into the Suburb of Cardhun where almost all of the new content originates, you need 1,000 materi fragments. Where do we get materi fragments? From the Q's, which now start at infernal difficulty. How many fresh Level 55 toons can kill even one regular monster in Parallel World Infernal mode? My main could slow farm Normal World Infernal 3, fairly comfortably farm NW Inf2, but can't kill a thing in PW Inf.

Good luck to all the players new to the game who got pulled in via the hype of CE only to find that they get stopped dead in their tracks before they can access that supposed awesome new content (which, so far, seems ho-hum at best).

I worried before the release that BP would drive away veteran players with all the nerfs and bugs, and that the barriers to entry for new players would turn them off quickly. Was I wrong?

17. ргцт

ргцт Active Author

yeah .. i just created a new char and i can't even kill heredur solo at lvl 20 .. and i created like 100 chars during the last 8 years in dso and i am kinda surprised that it's right now the hardest time to kill heredur on normal mode as a new player .. in 2020 .....

tozagol, Teradura and passemuraille like this.
  18. rcch

rcch Advanced

1. Bugs on skills atm.
    2. Useless "skills" , like bloodmage or "guardian" that does not taunt
    3. Broken economy. Did anyone on BP count,ofc. they did but why they still did this, how long it takes to collect dust to upgrade 1 stone to max. How to collect material for potions or runes(and they even removed runes from event progress bars). Everything costs massively but there is no way to collect this massive amount .
    4. Broken solo play, doing anything solo(this means fighting bosses which is the biggest issue) takes way way too much resources compared to progess&prices

19. supernova874

supernova874 Forum Greenhorn

I have started this game last January as my Cousin get me to it.. at the time (and until the Dark Legacy) was a fun game and you could get amazing gear with premium (Mystic Cube) now the mystic cubes give crappy items ,farming isn't a thing anymore cause of the few items drop and until today i haven't received any "Unique" item most green-blue and some legendary crap, the daily "challenges" are no more cause you need to roll multiple time to get what you need and most of the mission are impossible to beat. The only items you can get can be purchased by Andermants and anyway cause of the changes don't have the same impact in your gameplay ... The think i see every time i log in is that now all the servers are load free so the Message must be heard from the BigPoint cause no more money for them cause they don't deserve it , to good with this "expansion" is that made it in time to make me stop and focus in other games events of that time, thanks for that ignorant fools...btw i had playing daily minimum 6 hours in my 4 characters now i play max 1 hour and in my highest char. (56)

20. ntoritsa

ntoritsa Forum Greenhorn

as i have said to my post am so sorry because we are almost 10 year players and the only thing that you gave us with your new release is our wasted time all these years of playing , our efforts to raise our players and of course the money we gave to the game through premiums or deluxe .

tozagol, cigarbennett and Dirysin like this.