x64 CLient

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by NotWhoYouExpected, Nov 1, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. NotWhoYouExpected

NotWhoYouExpected Forum Apprentice

What's up with the x64 bit client? Is it better? And if so, how? It's probably somewhere out there, I'm just oo big of a forehead to find it:p.

Also, there is a bug in the English client(not sure about any others) were clicking on a link for the patch notes of the most recent release will take you to the patch notes for release 222[Part 1]. Not sure where else to post this, spam was not my intention.

2. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I've been using it since Tuesday.
    • you add " -x86_64" {or such} to your game link icon.
    • better yet, duplicate it like I did and add to the name as well.
    • No further download needed.

I can't report any differences or any advantages or disadvantages from using the 64-bit client. I'm really not seeing any difference so far.

So, BP, what supposedly has changed with it vs the 32-bit version????

navelko likes this.
  3. rcch

rcch Advanced

my experience.
    excellent change, i have not had any nebulas with 64bit client. with 32bit i had at least 1 nebula every evening.

4. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

I wish BP would have fixed the horribly low FPS that one gets in some areas like Kingshill, Resistance Command Center, etc. Getting 30 FPS with a GTX 1080 is totally unacceptable! And it's not just my hardware, I tried on a friend's RTX card with no improvement. I asked the devs to fix this years ago and still nothing has changed. The 64-bit client does nothing in this regard, what nonsense...

5. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Sorry but this is quite funny: there are billions of things that make players run away elsewhere, from the repetitiveness of the game scheme to the deadly tediousness of the crafting, from the fact that we don't see any new environment for years to the horrifying current pvp, and you instead notice the low fps you can have while sleeping in the city?

Honestly, for as little as they work in the game, I would be surprised if they focused on "problems" of this kind.

In any case, comparing the generic 32 and 64bits architecture, the improvement of the speed for itself is almost invisible to the users, so I don't think fps will receive any particular benefit: the advantage of 64bit applications is usually quantitative, meaning they can access more memory than 32-bit applications, even if they need more memory to do the same things (due to the increase in the size of the pointers, from 4 to 8 bytes).

The main increment in term of speed would derive from the use of the greater number of registers (the fastest memory type) that exist on 64bit architectures: but it is difficult to say if and how this may impact on the graphics performance itself.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  6. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Compared to other MMORPGs out there, even paid ones, DSO is actually not much worse when it comes to playability and gameplay. The graphics are actually pretty good for a free browser-based MMO. It's hilarious that even the most powerful hardware can't run the game at decent framerates on some maps. Obviously, it seems the game engine needs an update.

On another note, I was thinking of creating a new character but I'm not sure what server to play on because I haven't played in a while. I always played on Heredur (I'm in the UK) but I hear that Grimaag is slightly busier (and busier = better for me :)). Not sure if this is the case; it would be nice if someone could advise me on which EU server is best for starting a new toon on...

7. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

In fact, it is almost miraculous that they have been able to achieve graphic results of such good quality several years ago, which still stand up to comparison (even if by now there are some better isometric RPGs around, at least as regards the spectacular effects during the fights, and similar in terms of qualitative rendering of the characters).

Unfortunately I fear that hoping for an update/upgrade of Nebula is out of place, just google to read its story and vicissitudes, and understand that it has had its day. My dream is to see the game rewritten for Unreal Engine, but more than a dream I would call it a chimera.

the best server is theoretically the one closest to you, which should therefore present the lowest ping and with it the lowest latency: I don't think there is any difference with regards to the expressed framerate, which basically depends on the client. In practice, the situation is very different: I suggest you to stay on the most crowded of players, because from what I read some are now almost empty and you would find yourself playing alone.

piteris2 likes this.
  8. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Yep, I do intend to create a new toon on the most crowded EU server. The question is this: which is more populated, Heredur or Grimaag?

9. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Bp knows the answer. We can just suppose. As far as i know they are the most populated, but no idea if they are overall equivalent or not. You should ask to some guy with recent experience in both of servers... no idea who.

Maybe you can create a character on both servers, obtain access to Kingshill, then stay there for a while (better you do it in the time when you think to play most) and compare the number of players you see around, of messages that pass in the chat region, of groups that have been formed on both servers. A good way to take the pulse of the situation is reenter often in the same city, and notice if you always ends in the same instance or not.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    piteris2 likes this.