You should just allow the community to create a private server

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by oOKellueHazeOo, Dec 4, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Private servers?

1. Yes

59.2%
  2. Nah

40.8%
  1. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Like the title says, you should just give out the source code and let people create a private server if they please and you take a cut from it, that way people dont have to play CE :')))

Have you actually played the CE BP? Have you seen how bad it is?

Like yeah it's easy for you if you have 200 wisdom and too much time on your hands but if you're just a regular player then this update is LONG and it's just a silly grind. Ironic how it's a grind because NO ITEMS ACTUALLY DROP FROM BOSSES, you may get a green item or a white item but nothing is actually useful.. i mean... a level 81 item with 241 armor? come on man how do you expect us to go onto the higher modes like that.

You see, if you let people create private servers there could be servers for level 40,45,50 AND 55 so people could play at whichever content expansion their heart desieres =), just set a cycle of events to occur or let the owners of the private server have control of the events or whatever and you will probably save your dying game :D

tozagol and 7Kana like this.
  2. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I'm OK with this, if it means I can stop reading so much negativity on the forums, Discord, wherever. Won't be joining said private servers, but I'm all for it.

oOKellueHazeOo and JohnWick like this.
  3. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

The private servers are amazing, Friendster was a good example.
    The kingshill defend event still ran there
    The first dragan event still ran there
    Even terrifying shadows 3 and 4 ran there
    The community was small and active
    You gained 1k andermant as a starting gift (extra)
    and this was all in 2014? or 15 i cant remember ahah

tozagol likes this.
  4. masteredy2

masteredy2 Forum Apprentice

Totally agree with it :). They do not know how to handle the current game anyways ( sry for the negativity) .
    And if the sv does well, let that be a lesson for them, maybe they can learn a thing or two. (PS: doubt any of what I've said will happen, don't take it too seriously :p, but I would like to see a private server with 45 as max lvl).
    Considering it is DSO we are talking about, I do not think they will actually read these suggestions at all which is really sad, but w/e .

tozagol, M.Max0011 and oOKellueHazeOo like this.
  5. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

I'm voting yes, but I doubt that will ever happen.

For me, as a developer, it's a really juicy idea and I would love that, but BP will never allow that, because that would mean death of the game - almost anyone would run a server better than them.

tozagol and 7Kana like this.
  6. FırtınaSüvari344

FırtınaSüvari344 Forum Apprentice

Last edited by moderator: Jan 18, 2021
    teganking27 and tozagol like this.
  7. 7Kana

7Kana Junior Expert

This is a great idea, definitely i would like to play there.

tozagol likes this.
  8. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

What modern engine is best suited for this type of game? Are there any free ones?

9. -justre116-

-justre116- Forum Apprentice

Ive been looking and theres no any similiar, they have their own engine thats why the game is unique, it was developed over the years..Im working in unity3d for 2 years now, and had idea to atleast try to make "first lvl" of game and gather some money for development, but theres no any similiar engine as Dso, so u have to start from the scratch. U can make something of similiar gameplay, but not the look..and ofcourse Its not legal to copy someones game, it has to be different..

tozagol and ViktorG75 like this.
  10. Othon

Othon Forum Greenhorn

Hi, I feel that you dont get it enough about this game.
    Drakensang is about to lose players and not making money.
    Maybe giving away server making files isnt good for anyone:
    Cause it will be full of bugs and will only crash more and more if they
    arent getting any fixes.
    And you wont be able to enjoy it the way it is, but with less futures that
    wont be updated often.
    I mean it wont be enough for anyone.
    And not profitable.
    Anyway that`s my oppinion, doesnt mean its right.
    Thanks for reading!

tozagol likes this.
  11. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

There was a site called friendster which did this private server thing but bigpoint shut it down and im not sure why, it was fun and it was a nice small community... They can let people make private servers, look at the success of WoW Classic and runescape classic...., Drakensang was a classic game for people back in the day, now it requires too much time to farm and with the drop rate its even worse, now we have to kill bosses 100x on bloodshed to craft 1 item we want (which should drop btw) while back in the day the hardest thing to drop was the death mask from mortis or the 1 handed weapons from mortis :( i know i went on a tangent but the old game was just much more chill and much more fun.

tozagol and aBDuLHaMiTHaN like this.
  12. SS0-Spyros

SS0-Spyros Forum Apprentice

Dude you are so right old DSO was so awesome and fun to play i hope BP will allow us to create private servers like wow classic for example.

--- MERGED ---

I want this like crazy if this was a reality........

--- MERGED ---

Level 45 was the best era of the game i hope we will get in these times back with some way i think (like to create this kind of a server us you said)

Last edited by moderator: May 11, 2021
    tozagol likes this.
  13. OMG

OMG Forum Greenhorn

A private server is good for those who want to use hacks in-game and should never be allowed, the game already have far more less activity that before that will be a disaster and make the ordinary server a DEAD ONE, so nope i will never agree with any of this

sargon234 likes this.
  14. SS0-Spyros

Yes this is true the total players in dso nowdays are far less than they were in 2013 for example when dso was on its rise and thats why we want server merge first and next the private server system.

tozagol likes this.
  15. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

level 45 was not the best era of the game, it was as bad as what we have today.

16. SS0-Spyros

I believe the game back then was more simple and enjoyable yes it had it's negative side sure (no game is perfect 100%)but if we compare the old one and the new the majority will choose the old and thats why many players have left after the new CE because they changed everything in a way that this game is not good anymore and very boring just my opinion.

tozagol likes this.
  17. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

As if nostalgia addicted players, who clearly aren't using their brain to compare and thus give completely biased and worthless arguments are somehow a point in favour.

The game is as simple as ever, there's nothing difficult about it now, crafting uniques is estremely easy, what you need to increase power is farming dust to increase gems and runes, no thought required.

Let's not pretend that most of the people that left weren't casuals who simply couldn't bother adapting to the new conditions because they didn't play with their heads, but simply copied whatever builds they could find and then when things changed they started whining instead of adapting: they didn't leave because of the actual issues with each expansions, such as what they did to the skill tree, to the wisdom tree, to the balance of items or pvp.

We already have the worst from level 45: we have the trash loot system that is based on luck instead of effort, particularily in the case of the lingering memories uniques, which is the same nonsense as we had with KHB runs where newbies could get enigma or predator at the FIRST run, while experienced players would run thousands of runs without getting anything.
    This cr*p is somewhat tempered thanks to unique crafting.
    And if nobody is online, good luck going to higher difficulties, because without a group there's not much to do, as it was in level 45.

18. SS0-Spyros

Level 45 era as i said had its negatives too loot,identify items,difficulty,bosses,toxic players ,bugs and more.......but for me this what it makes it special is the climate the simplicity and off course the stats then maximum dmg was 1k with one handed and 1.5k or 2k with two handed and the HP was far more normal in those times than nowadays and here i add the other stats (Blocking,Critical DMG,Resistance and many other).And yes i agree that then was very difficult if you hadn't any team to farm for you in Parallel Worlds but in the end you always took what you wanted even if you did thousands of runs and i say this even for the lvl 40 era beacause there is no big differences between these to Content Expansions in the drop system.

tozagol likes this.
  19. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

You can keep dreaming. Companies shut down private servers because they don't want them competing with their game. One of the reasons this game seemed better in the good old days is because there were a lot more players. It was a LOT easier to make friends back then. All my friends quit the game YEARS ago. I can't make friends or find a guild now. Games are different now than they were at that time as previously mentioned. There are a lot more and better games to play now than there were back then. You should also consider that we have probably all changed since those days and maybe wouldn't enjoy the experience as much now. I sometimes miss the old days. but change happens.

tozagol likes this.
  20. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

5 months of dso now
    yeah I left, they killed the conecpt that made uniques awesome.
    at first I was excited about for example premium hammer and the + to smash
    how they killed all sets, how they killed the omega awesome uniques, on top of killing my pc.
    so grateful I had planned a pc upgrade for feb this year, but a game like dso, making your cpu burn, nah, I can run games much more visually aesthetic without any problems.
    they kinda killed the uniques in a really really bad way tbh.
    if there was anything that increased smash speed by even just 25% I woulda considered coming back.
    but there will never be
    they can give smash 500% base idrc, they dont make items that boost skills like in the older days
    theres no modifying of bleed
    all is lost and so they lost me
    yes I come back here and look at what has become of dso
    but thats where it stops
    my next main mmo is coming in august fingers crossed

tozagol likes this.