Zone specific unique drops and cursed items

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Nalucitura, Sep 7, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Nalucitura

Nalucitura Forum Apprentice

I came across a Mechanical Rod the other day in a chest in the Gleaming Mountains and this reminded me that in the past we had more drops like this that we're zone specific and you could only find them if you farm that specific area. And im not talking about the unique shop sets from each area that you can buy/find. Those are too easy to get and all of them pretty much have the same bonuses. The old ones (like Spellweaver's Wooden Staff, Weapon Adornment of Splendor, Ermine Coat, Gandur's Rune Staff etc) made you farm and think up some cool setups while you we're leveling, true RPG style, and not just buy a full set from a shop and that's it. We still have some world uniques, but they can pretty much drop anywhere, and this is not very farm friendly. Making them drop only in specific area will bring back players to that map for farming
    The Mechanical set remains the only (true) unique set that you can only find in a specific area.
    Bring back good old farming.

On a side note, I was thinking about some new item type. Cursed items. Items that have bonuses but also penalties. Something like this:

[​IMG]

Thoughts? :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    raider likes this.
  2. raider

raider Forum Pro

I hate how everything has been made obsolete with PW & Event items..

3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Introducing some Cursed Unique Items will just lower the already extremely low drop rates of desired uniques. Thus, I'm against it.

raider likes this.
  4. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Welp, I'm not against it, but the uniques would have to be both viable and somehow different from the existing meta. There are quite a few sets hanging out there, but nobody uses them (eg. Balor set, the Temple Guardian stuff, etc), because they are just too weak. They're transitory gear while you quest your way through a zone at most.

ΣMiwel, Nalucitura and raider like this.
  5. raider

raider Forum Pro

^ Sadly
    That includes the supposedly lvl 50+ Qaizah (Glowing Dune) set too.. You'd expect it to be a little bit of help in PW but nooope. Even T6 ain't.

Main issue lies within Default/Fixed (not Random) irrelevant Enchancements of those Unique sets though methinks..

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  6. Nalucitura

Nalucitura Forum Apprentice

I know, right? :( These sets should be updated to current standards so we can have more diversity in setups.
    Everything is way too focused on damage. There are 4 classes and in end game they pretty much all have the same gear, mostly dragan/witch seeker, because the set bonuses are really good. But that should not make everything else obsolete. We need more choices.
    We need lifedrain setups, mana drain, reflect damage, attack speed etc. For example, I like the mechanic of Amulet of Deflection, the idea of constant damage aura is pretty cool. Mortis set is also a very cool setup to use, and with it I managed to play around with a quite 'decent' 1h setup for PvE (which involved a Staff of Destruction + Riddle), just for the love of trying something other then cookie cutter stuff.

Poison Buster set was also cool to play around with, but they should lower the Perseverance stack from 100 to 20 to get Poisonous Strenght faster and make it somewhat decent.

raider likes this.
  7. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Cursed item are going to be useless then.

Also, that staff is a good way to kill yourself, not to kill others, we already have andermagic essences which guess what, they are useless.

8. raider

raider Forum Pro

I mean.. I understand that they can't be OP but they should be offering alternatives, or at the very least , should be boosted to help you getting better sets.

Otherwise, just like I am, you are forced to be a beggar/begger to be carried for weeks, at minimum.

And guess what, grouping is penalised too..

9. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

its just a mechanic that doesnt belong in dso period.