Zoom problem

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by moby31, Apr 29, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moby31

moby31 Regular

Hi
    I'm looking for advice what i can do to improve quality of my experience while playing
    Since last patch zoom in thing is ruining my fun time in arena ,I use Logitech 700s i can't even go near to scroll button if i touch it by accident
    I have zoom in like 100% and u know yourself when pvping this is a huge disadvantage
    this is happening only in Dso ,elsewhere mouse ,scroll button behave normal
    what is this anyway ?bug or ....:confused:
    thanks for any advice

2. CemalRavage

CemalRavage Junior Expert

they sayd they will focus next more on fixing the bugs , this was before last patch , in the last patch they only fixed the space button bug , but other bug jumped in , the scroll bug , i donthave your bug but by me if i scroll in the friend list its zooms on my toon , dont have much hope on fixing this , they only tell lies , they say that the fix and make a beautifull game , but evrytime they "fix" somthing other bugs apear , this game has around 3 years , 3 years of fixing bugs but they still cant fix a edit in this game

Last edited by moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  3. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

@moby31 is this happening in fullscreen or windowed screen? server? Are you playing directly on the main game site, client or through a third-party portal?

I wasn't able to reproduce this error from my end. Anyone else facing similar zoom issues?

@CemalRavage Please refrain from using profanity on the forums. The scroll error when your mouse is hovering over the friend list is known. I realize some of these bugs are more disruptive than others, but I can assure you that once issues are detected and isolated, steps are being taken to fix the problem.

Since DSO is constantly updating, we need your help to detect new issues that may have been missed by the testers. Any issues you (and others) present on the forums or through support will be passed on to QA and the developers.

4. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

I am sorry I have to steal you thread.
    I to have a zoom problem but not like yours, mine is it tends to zoom in and zoom out when am going trough my list of friends, it's anoying.

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  5. moby31

moby31 Regular

hey
    Thanks for replying
    This is happening only on full screen mode ,I play via client coz I can't play direct on your website (windows8) which was my favorite .
    Two days ago it was only "friends list bug" yesterday i have noticed that both arena and maps are affected
    I have spoke with my friends ,they having the same issue with the scroll button
    but only 3 of them have found zoom issue in both pve and pvp
    server herduer

Few seconds ago i have found something which might be helpful and improve experience while playing dso
    For logitech users and those who are affected (check your mouse manual) change the gear shift button from free scrolling to click-to-click scrolling if such a option is available... This will give U more control but problem still persist.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Master0fpuppets likes this.
  6. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

I play via website and same problem, so that means this release is not bug-less after all as They sead it is wich in the first place is almost imposible to do, couse when you work/make something mistakes/bug's/problems will happen couse that's the way it is. :) There is a saying in my country: "Who works, tends to make mistakes" :p

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  7. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

I've looked over some functions of your particular mouse, and the click-to-click function seems to be necessary for playing games. I'm glad you figured it out on your own.

The full zoom problem may be linked to the hypersensitivity of your mouse. Does the game zoom in normally if you carefully roll the scroll wheel one click at a time?

8. moby31

moby31 Regular

Hey
    Yes it does zoom in normally but in my opinion this is unnecessary
    before patch 124 everything was just perfect ,I could not find any official note on this scroll option it is dynamic ...
    when u playing both pvp and pve running around like mad horse ;)
    to not get killed this could be a big problem coz people tend to make mistakes
    including myself so if I touch the scroll button by accident it will zoom in
    my viewing area is going to be limited and if i'm not quick enough to roll back i'm dead :cool:
    Dso profile on my mouse has been set up to very basic settings
    hope it will go back to like it was before 124

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  9. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

I suffer the same problem as Masterofpuppets. It s annoying but bearable. Moby, i feel for you, sounds a very annoying problem in pvp. If you want the game to work perfect anywhere, it should be in pvp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.