Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

I find it funny you bring Gnob to King's Hill permanently, and yet, I am still waiting on his fat hump to offer me what I want (Dragonache). The surface changes, but the message remains the same.

mrmlja and _Baragain_ like this.
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Agreed... He's now been in town for over two and a half weeks and he hasn't had a single sale... You'd think you'd want to at least show off the mechanic so that people would stop asking hour it is going to work, or why does he only have random stuff. So far, there has been no change; he still doesn't "come to town" with what people want or need. Are we only going to get one special offer from him every coupe of months? If that's the case, send him back to his cave so we can go back to using portals to visit him when we need stuff.

tothmartin, Armando and Troneck86 like this.
  3. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

It works for me. I have had it off for months and just recently turned it back on for Level 3 boss runs.

4. roetsepoets

roetsepoets Forum Greenhorn

Can you change my status from the quest: "The Myrdosch Train (2/2)" from "closed" to "finished" with a state of 3"?
    I accidently threw my permit to enter the thunder crest map away; now I'm unable to enter that map.

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Can't you just cancel and retake the quest?

In any event, game support is where you send those types of inquiries, not the CM thread.

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Only Chuck Norris can delete a quest item :D

mrmlja, MikeyMetro and ekant1992 like this.
  7. CM Haruki

CM Haruki Community Team Team Drakensang Online

Hey there folks!

I hope the Easter season brought you some joy or at least, some free days to do your biding. If not, I am terribly sorry. Anyway, I jump quickly to answer some of the questions you have been asking. Due to time constrictions and the fact that my beloved partner in crime Greg is on holidays, forgive me if I am brief and choose general inquiries overall - I will get to answer more specific posts in the next couple of days but I wanted to jump right in today for a little. ^^

Bear with me and simply copy-paste your question again if it does not get a reply in the following days.
    You won't be punished for that.

@ Crafting 2.0 - first of all, thanks a great deal for all the comments you are writing on the thread section. The designer in charge is finding valuable answers in the German and English threads (the languages he dominates) while the admins are compiling your other national opinions in one place for him to review. So keep those coming, please - they are super appreciated! You may have noticed that the scope with the feedback asks for more specific opinions within the guidelines of the design. We made this since the game design team had a clear idea of where they wanted to be with this Crafting 2.0 feature but wanted to make space for your community ideas as much as possible.

I am aware that we mentioned back in the days that crafting was coming before the glyph removal and some other timely details. Those were certainties back in the days that got smashed with a Reality Check slap. Current situation is that Glyph Removal is coming with rel163 and Crafting 2.0 will do so with rel164. Sorry for that!

@ The Youzu Business - I have read a lot of apocalyptic threads on the forums or Facebook messages which understand the professional transaction that took place recently (Youzu Interactive buying the totality of Bigpoint GmbH) as a sign of impending doom. This, fortunately, it's not the case.

Nothing is changing in terms of the roadmap we have for Drakensang Online as a GLOBAL game
    . This means, we remain committed to our own design paths for the Global, Korean and Chinese versions and we will enjoy independence in that respect. With the help of Youzu as a strong partner we actually ensure a smoother way towards the future we are aiming to reach. We are retaining the names, the people, the agency.

So no panic anyone, please. *Looks around* Much better.

@ The Community Survey - as we announced on our latest Twitch session, a community survey was sent to you via the newsletter option last week. I would like to reassure you that this was not a scheme aimed to appease you or obtain your cyber-sympathies. Quite on the contrary, Greg and me thought we should totally reach to you guys and see whether our previsions for a roadmap were catering to what you actually want (as a majority, of course). The results are quite revealing, interesting and will help share the roadmap in the upcoming months - our new Producer is taking care of that.

I hope we can share with you some of those results. ^^

@ What's up with essences in wild and open arenas? - They are still working on those and it belongs to the PvP masters of the team to change them so they mirror the official PvP rules. We have not forgotten about that - it's still in the roadmap.

@ Where the h*** is Dragan? - Now that Gnob is comfortably sitting down his corner in Kingshill and getting all your love it seems that attention has shifted to Mr Dragan and his dark cohort. I guess we'll have to repeat this way often than before but: Dragan is not coming in April. Actually, we do not have a release date for his return... but he's indeed making a comeback and we will tease you about it as soon as there is something to be teased. ;)

@ The Meme Contest and our apparent lack of (logical) humor - The contest was designed in a way that would allow the team of admins, comprised by different people per team, to make an internal decision on which were the funniest ones for them. They held internal votes for this and we also contributed.

The bad thing about this type of contests, I suppose, is that they rely on subjective minds. But we nevertheless saw some very funny memes overall, gave away a bunch of cool prizes and even if we accept a Community Vote there would still be issues or people that would not agree with a democratic majority on this or that choice. Sorry ^^.

---

Heading out the forums now. See you tomorrow for another round of answers!

Kind regards,
    Haruki

Testador likes this.
  8. KellueéHazé

KellueéHazé Junior Expert

I have some questions about the resistance defend event.
    1. Why is this another realm grinding event?
    2. I got 4/30 and 1/20 in 1 run, Is that how its going to be?
    3. Why is the rewards system so...................Horrifying ?
    4. Why not the red or blue armoured mount?
    5. Please make it like the old versions (Battle trophies from worthy monsters) Just so people at lvl 20-49 can do the event too, stop just thinking about lvl 50's and thinking that every lvl 49 under has 24 full hours a day to farm realm fragments for new, full moon, they are ok but making other events (but essence) with realm fragments is just stupid.
    And something else, A lot of people in the test server and I mean a lot was getting angry because you put realm fragments as the main entrance to the event and still be disappointed with the lack of quest drops, and they were also not really liking the reward progress....

9. Mrsnowx

Mrsnowx Forum Apprentice

CM greg and CM Haruki :)
    I'd
    like to ask you about the daily quests
    will ... Are there new rewards (petty
    cash or other surprise) to diversify
    bonus as it is always the same: )
    cordially Snow :)

10. _Static_

_Static_ Forum Apprentice

Hello, Haruki

I will ask this question again, now that you are around again. When will the pvp matchmaking bug be fixed/worked on?

Keep in mind, I do know for a fact, (and yes, I do have proof this time), that there has been an unofficial time-frame given to working on and solving this bug. I would just like to hear it from you here on the forums in a place that all can see in writing when the planned estimated fix for this bug will occur.

I am slightly upset to find out that the team has not been working on this bug at all, even though I was told it was being worked on. The truth is that the team's time has been occupied by other duties lately and fixing this bug has been (for nearly a year, now) a low priority issue (in the dso team's eyes, anyways...).

Now that that truth is out in the open, I would appreciate it if you could shed some light on the "when" in this equation. I know a lot of top players have been waiting for a long time to see this issue resolved. Well, by top players, I mean those of us who are still here. You dragged your feet long enough on this bug to lose a lot of the top pvp players on multiple servers, I would imagine.

I have canceled premium and am taking a break from playing DSO, to many of my guilds' suprise/dismay, until this bug is fixed. I will return with a vengeance when I am no longer penalized in the pvp matchmaking system.

Thank you for answering my question on the essence in wilderness areas, It is always appreciated to be heard and responded to when presenting valid questions regarding important overlooked/forgotten questions.

I will continue to check in here for your response on this matchmaking bug.

Thank you.

- Your mistreated customer -

Bubble and Dragenstein like this.
  11. DimTh

DimTh Forum Greenhorn

Hello CM Greg and CM Haruki,

this afternoon i did a mistake, i dropped my lovely mount from 1v1, my bear!
    I had to go to my work and i did a wrong fast move, i just wanted to drop the
    map of Stellar Gold Event, not my bear!

So, is sad to say this on your official announcement,

We cannot restore:
    Items that are rewards from quests: the Support team will not reactivate the quest in order to help you recover lost items.

so, i am here to have fun, no stress, i am not crazy to drop my bear for fun, no fun on this, i tried
    many months for this mount.... and it was the only one mount which i wanted in game....

How you find this where you don't want to help? You punishes us with this way? I can't
    understand and accept this, cause you are able to give back items and on this case you
    don't want to do it, either just to give again the quest to do all those victories again to take it again...

So, if you think that with this way you bring your customers more close to the game and all this is right,
    then i must think again if worth it to stay more in this game...cause with this way you remove me
    from the game, when i play a game i want to play a GAME, to have fun and forget the stress which
    exist in our real lives...not to have more stress with a game....i play every day for 18 months,
    but now i feel that i want to stop it cause all this....Cause you are able to give back items and on
    this case just you don't want to do it....

Bubble and Knifefromjack like this.
  12. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Haruki, I'll keep this easy since asking someone to fix the error 23 bug or cannot connect bug is apparently too hard.

Remember that story you fed us about the realm frag drops going to be increased because we need more for everything? Here we are months later and yet another event requiring frags upcoming. Were we supposed to forget about that promised increase?

Oh yeah, can someone for the love of all things holy get that stupid pop up for new gear to quit appearing or is that too hard also?

Bubble and EhtovK like this.
  13. 1) Do not post the contents of Support tickets anywhere. Not here, not on Facebook. Not on Twitter. Not on your aunt Jemma's bathroom wall. It is confidential communications.
    2) Your a/c is el_GR registered. i.e. Greek language, created in Greece. You need to contact the DSO Greek Language Support Team
    3) This was carefully explained to you by Chloe in your ticket that you sent to the DSO English Support Team
    4) Your 1v1 PvP quest does not need to be reset. Your discarded Armoured Bear mount is showing on the first page of your Deleted Items list in your a/c. Your language support team simply has to click the restore button beside the entry and, Hey Presto!, you will have it back.
    5) Don't delay. Items can only be restored a max. of two weeks after they were discarded. Contact your support team now.
    6) If you have got general questions related to your a/c and/or the game, post them in the correct section of the forum. This is specifically for communicating with the CMs. They are not the embodiment of Santa Claus and they do not process Support tickets. If your question/issue is specific to your a/c, Support is your best place to start.

zvm62, _Static_, DimTh and 1 other person like this.
  14. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

I found something strange in my firewalls report.When ever i get the error; all connection failed, my firewall says there was a minor port scan from some ip which i suppose i should not post here.and if there is no port scan from that ip then i am able to login without any difficulty.

_Baragain_ and Armando like this.
  15. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

[​IMG]

Meanwhile on BalorPVP server.Over 2h have passed and 5v5 still hasn't started.So yeah, merging servers and/or the possibility to change the servers is not needed at all, especially on low populated servers.Can't wait for guild battles to be released so no one would be able to play it here on BalorPVP.

Still waiting for it to start btw ;)

LE: Getting close to 3h of waiting now :/

[​IMG]

Over 3h lol...
    [​IMG]

4h + and nothing.Just another normal day on BalorPVP.5v5 dead, 6v6 dead, soon guild battles also dead.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    _Static_ likes this.
  16. Knifefromjack

Knifefromjack Someday Author

send in a support claim i got back that was one accidently droppped
    Sorry posted before I read your post

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  17. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

Dear Haruki,

First of all, thanks for the info. It spared me translating my German feedback to English in order to avoid crippling by a moderator's translation :).

I would like to know 2 more things about the Crafting 2.0 design:

1) AFAIK, legendaries can have a lot higher enchantment values (also higher maximum values?) than extraordinaries, right now.
    If we craft 4 extraordinaries to 1 legendary, will the values of those "imported" enchantments be adapted accordingly?
    What I mean is that the relative quality within the range of possible values should be kept, not the absolute value.
    Otherwise, the enchantment values of great extraordinaries might still be mediocre in a legendary.

2) What exactly is that "recipe book" meant to do? Does it e.g. enable us to repeat a crafting process that we reverted before, with exactly the same random enchantments and values?

We are dy(e)ing (2.0) to know the results! ;)

3) How about having one of those "infamous" Dev Diaries videos, with an interview with Verena about the major trends from the survey?
    Would be nice (and trust-building) if Verena became a bit more "visible" to us!

The survey also brings me to another question.
    4) One important point I was missing there is the introduction of presets (save options) for the wisdom and fame talents, or at least a way of accelerated points distribution.
    A recent posting from a German forum moderator also suggests that you are not even considering this right now. Could you comment on this, please? Are you aware of how complex and annoying it is to change a complete build, skill, wisdom and hotkey bar setup when you switch e.g. from 2-hand farming to 1-hand tanking?
    If you don't want us to switch in the middle of a PvP battle, fine - restrict switching to arena waiting rooms, PvE maps or even cities, as it was before R155. But I think in general this is quite an important "comfort feature" many players are looking for.

And, one last question:
    5) The rather messy attempts to prevent boss map resetting via "relog" led to the situation that any minor disconnect may kick us back to town, which is basically unacceptable. Are you, the DSO Team, working on a better and more sustainable solution for this (maybe in combination with those re-entry portals that had been prematurely announced for R162)?

Thanks and best regards!
    - Armando

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    _Baragain_ and Bubble like this.
  18. trakilaki

Armando they (CMs) said:
    Devs are not considering this option because they don't want to be used like that.
    It was said in one of the Twitch shows.

mrmlja and BokiSablja23 like this.
  19. trakilaki

Not just Google but your ISPs as well. They have been granting special access to CIA, NSA, FBI ... etc ...
    They spy on everything and everyone.
    You people think you are free ... wrong ... they consider us as their slaves!

20. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

If I were a developer, I also wouldn't want to be (ab)used like that, at BP... lol.

Jokes aside, the game reality is that most tanks need 1-2 mins for build changing before entering a boss room.
    Personally, I usually forget some important detail when I try to change the build of any of my 3 chars from PvE to PvP...
    The skill system IS BEING USED like this, the question is only if BP cares to make it comfortable and enjoyable for us or not.

trakilaki and Bubble like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.