Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

They drop at Destructor and other maps of the dwarf world

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I farmed Destructor for about 5 days, and got all the pieces that he can drop. Here are the best of the best items that I got from him during that time.

3. bLoodZ

bLoodZ Someday Author

I won't ask if R168 will fix the R164 BSOD bug, so I'm gonna ask you again to tell them to add a disable/enable compendium option in settings until they (he) figure(s) out how to fix it! So please, for the love of Agathon, tell them to do that already ... .... ..... .. ..... ......!

4. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

@CM Haruki :

When will the improved drop rates for realm fragments and materi fragments happen in the game? You keep saying that it will happen soon and its been at least 2-3 months since these were promised to the community.Same goes for boss-to-boss portals.Will these changes really happen in DSO or you will keep making excuses and hope that we will forget about them? If it was never intented to increase the drop rates for materi frags and realm frags then at least be sincere about it and let us know.

icicle478 and taketh like this.
  5. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Get this - R168 got me a Blazing Inferno portal. Compensation for the bugged ones before? If so, I got only 1, instead of 2, but that's not the point (map's hard AF anyway).

Thing is, when I clicked it, I could see a window with possible rewards. And guess what? Sargon set lv50! Wow, so tell me again how the set didn't drop from Summoned Sargon in Castle Ravencaw Hard because the set has not yet been configured for the highest level (as if the presence of the Sargon Lucky Sphere wasn't an obvious enough indicator that the set IS in fact lv50-ready).

But OFC we get this excerpt in the event's FAQ:

"Is there a chance to get any items from the set Sargon's Terrifying_Armor from the SummonedSargon the Terrible?

No, unfortunately not. The set pieces are currently not available for level 50 yet. Only for level 40 and level 45, therefore they have not been included in this event."

I'm sorry, but that's downright lazy and incompetent. GG... GG... I can only wish I can get a job that's ridiculous enough to pay me to do nothing or just do the job poorly. Maybe I'll sign up @ BP :rolleyes:.

Auto-loot for what, exactly?

6. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

So your development PEANUT team does hot fixes and you make the game worse every time you touch it
    Since your so called hotfix game freezes lags out the arse and nebula errors are all too common
    Just fighting Karabossa dropped Pauldrons you think I could pick them up ? NO nebula error
    Sack your programmers and get people who have half a clue
    You must love the people that spend on there twinks they must be the only suckers that do on this crap you handing out to us to play

7. AmarWilrick

AmarWilrick Forum Pro

hello,
    how about the compensation of players who had the brown screen bug ?

8. Earo

Earo Forum Greenhorn

Hello i have a question about this video

Polish support say its not bug, but Forum moderators delete post translating dissemination bug.
    PS. Excuse me for my English if I made a mistake.

9. _Baragain_

I'd heard of this one, but it is tough to pull off in reality because the other person is trying to chase you down and hit you. You try this trick in a real match and chances are you'll lose.

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is not a bug

11. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

Not a bug, but it could possibly be categorized as a design error.

The "problem" with that behavior is that the rate of HP loss is decreasing along with the maximum HP when they are reduced during the exhaustion phase.
    That made sense as long as it was still possible to heal as well; now that healing is prevented, the rate of HP loss should (imho) be fixed once the exhaustion phase starts, so that reducing your maximum HP (as far as down to your CURRENT HP) doesn't slow down the exhaustion.

The problem is NOT, of course, that the HP bar SEEMS to increase, as that is logical (the CURRENT HP being a bigger proportion of the reduced MAXIMUM HP).

The same video had been posted by @daywaker2 in the German forum here in early May, and been forwarded to BP by the mods.

12. Malinea

Malinea Forum Apprentice

Hi,

One gamer sent some pictures to our information page. Is Sargon set level 50? I don't found information from this.

[​IMG]

Name: Csimike
    Guild: HunLegendák
    Server: Grimmag

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  13. hankho1994

hankho1994 Forum Greenhorn

Good morning, CMs

I was fortunate enough to win the facebook logo design event. I received the
    rewards of 30k anders and 30days prem deluxe. However, I haven't received the
    mount yet. May I have the Gremlin Shield Bearers as one of my rewards? My
    character name is Steroidman in the Agathon server.

Thanks again for the fun event, and keep up the good work!

Hank

14. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

I saw the changes the devs did for ranger and dwarf ............. [​IMG]
    That about sums it up.

Question: Is there any information about 2nd preselection points setup for Wisdom? Like what release.

15. trakilaki

Well you don't get Heredur's unique items as well :D

Yes if you get it via Gnob

16. taketh

taketh Regular

@Mesala I noticed they increased the turret cost from 5 essence to 8. Do you know what else they did?

The release is this month, so no time to hear our feedback and ingore it, so why isnt the community road map more detailed.

As expected, the dwarf nerf happened before group improvements, despite what Haruki has been telling us here and in the latest twitch.

An online game that punishes players for playing with other people, pretty stupid. I doubt i will carry anyone anymore since i now have to conserve essence, which also limits me to q3 runs only.

Troneck86 likes this.
  17. trakilaki

Why the andermant drops in PW have been nerfed since R167?

18. _Baragain_

Bottom line up front before I lose everyone, I see two major balancing measures, and these measures do actually help balance the two biggest complaints about dwarfs.

First, they can do a lot of damage with very low essence cost to their turrets. The cost has been raised 60% which is fair considering that if they drop another turret too early or run out of range, they lose some of the "bang for their buck."

Second, in PvP, dwarfs make the imortal runner build. You all know what I'm talking about. They made two changes that have significantly impacted this build while not hurting the PvE application of these skills much (if anything, they made it better for PvE). Now, for the in depth look:

They killed (or at least severely wounded) the "I'm going to put up a ton of tactical turrets and tesla turrets and just run and heal until you die" build!

Two things factor into this.
    First, instead of getting 20% of your available steam back when you get hit by a tactical turret, you get a flat +20. That reduces the amount of steam they can regenerate by having a super high steam build while having no impact on SMs who are still at the base 100 steam.

Second, and even more importantly, they can't spam Steam Conductor to get back 40% or more of their HP in a half a second (full steam with just Warlord set). Instead of an instantaneous 5%, now it is 2% instantaneously and then 5% over 5 seconds like the DK's HP regen buff from Battle Frenzy which doesn't stack. This means 16% instantaneous, and then another 5% over 5 seconds for a total of 21% in 5 seconds. Include steam regen, and this may go up to 18%-20% every 5 seconds in a burst that isn't sustainable.
    I'd love it if that 2% instantaneous was a part of the start of the buff and if you used it again before the buff ended, all it would do would be to reset your 5 second count down with no 2% or put in a 1 second cool down, but that is probably asking for too much.
    Also, this is an improvement for PvE where a SM will likely use it once every 5 seconds as opposed to spamming it. If used in this manner, they will regen 7% of their HP for the same amount of steam, but it takes place over a longer time. It is a trade off that hurts PvP, but helps PvE.

Even still, the regen capabilities of the SM class have dropped from "godlike" to "mortal" and 1v1 build SMs everywhere will start whining and complaining on the forums and in tickets any time now, I'm sure of it. The 5v5 SMs will be hurt a little too and not be near immortal.

Here is the math for the two in a "max regen build" 1v1 and 5v5 build before and after R169.
    Before 169After 169
    Character Set up:
    Dragan's set
    1 10 steam Solstace Star
    Adept Inventor skill
    171 steam

Process:
    1. Drop 2x tactical turrets. (Steam now at 71)
    2. First two bombs hit. (Steam is now at 139)
    3. Drop 2 more turrets
    (pick whatever type is convenient.)
    (Steam is now at 39)
    4. Run around trying to avoid being hit.
    5. Take large damage
    (assuming before the second bombs hit)
    6. Regen 10% of HP
    (Between natural regen and use, steam ≃15)
    6a. Regen another 5% (Steam now 0)
    7. Second two bombs likely hit by now.
    (Steam now likely ≃70-75)
    8. Keep regenerating 25% of HP
    9. Last two bombs hit and Tactical Turrets dismantle
    (Steam now ≃ 130-140)
    10. Repeat.
    (Second time will have about 10% less
    HP regen due to not starting full)

Total regen:
    40% every 10 seconds
    This can be higher (another 15%) if they only
    use one turret or another 30% higher if they don't
    use any other turrets and kill with other
    attacks/tactical turret explosions.

40%-70% HP recovery every
    10 seconds on average
    Character Set up:
    Dragan's set
    1 10 steam Solstace Star
    Adept Inventor skill
    171 steam

Process:
    1. Drop 2x tactical turrets. (Steam now at 71)
    2. First two bombs hit. (Steam is now at 111)
    3. Drop 2 more turrets
    (pick whatever type is convenient.)
    (Steam is now at 11)
    4. Run around trying to avoid being hit.
    5. Take large damage
    (assuming before the second bombs hit but
    after 4 steam regens)
    6. Regen 2% of HP and begin 5% buff
    (Steam is now ≃ 0-5)
    7. Second two bombs likely hit by now.
    (Steam now likely ≃45-55)
    8. Regenerat 6% of HP and reset 5 second buff
    (which likely hasn't run out and has regened 3%-4%,
    Steam now likely ≃0-10)
    9. Last two bombs hit and Tactical Turrets dismantle
    (Steam now ≃ 50-60)
    10. Mech does not have enough steam to repeat for a while.

Total regen:
    18% or less every 10 seconds
    This can be higher (another 6%) if they only
    use one turret or another 12% higher if they don't
    use any other turrets and kill with other
    attacks/tactical turret explosions.

18%-30% in 10 seconds, and is
    not sustainable over long time

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  19. taketh

taketh Regular

@_Baragain_ If that is all they did and dont decide to do further nerfs, then it could be worse. I won't be grateful for the nerf, and am annoyed that players who have taken advantage of dwarfs, by waiting outside bosses waiting for them to kill it are the ones advocating and are happy about the nerf.

The dwarf essence usuage was deemed unfair compared to the other classes. I would have liked to have seen the other classes get a buff instead of the dwarf getting a nerf. I thought it was fair that as a dwarf, i was able to play the game as free to play. BP wants to kill this, making it harder for the game to be f2p.

Their production meetings must start off with "how do we make the game even worse" because they started off this month with nerfs. They maybe nerfed ander drops too. Last month they nerfed dragan massively compared to previous events.

As for PVP,
    I do know since im one of them. Going tank for me now is messed up, which means i am forced to go full damage if i dont give up PVP altogether, and who knows, maybe my full damage build is in fact better than my tank build. I dont care about PVP that much so maybe i shouldnt be talking about it, but i blame the matchmaking process.

I am making the assumption that the more you win, the tougher your oponents get, even in 5v5, and vice versa. Because of the nerf of my setup, i will be losing match after match before i get oponents that are appropriate for me. This method of matchmaking might be the best idea that we have, but im not happy about it. It doesnt matter how strong my setup is, unless im the strongest dwarf there is, i will always lose as much as i win. And it means that im up against people with more honor points than me. I dont think its fair that they beat me because they have a 25% attack bonus over me. I would like to see an honor bonus if a centurion beats a flag bearer to overcome this.

I wish players would blame the game instead of the players. Blame how difficult it is to kill a pw boss instead of making it equally hard across all classes. Blame matchmaking if an oponent is too tough instead of blaming the oponent.

EDIT: My damage setup got destroyed. Maybe its fair, my oponents must have epic items to take a hit and recieve what im giving. Still no fun to lose and lose. Could start making a pvp build using crit hits but i wont.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  20. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

It doesn't matter what we blame, at least from the English channels that I have read. The Developers' MO has always been to nerf first, not buff other things. It takes more thought to do buff, and the overarching thought process before anything happens is shallow monetization.

taketh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.