Ask the Gurus in English

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by trakilaki, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Hahaha ... I wasn't expecting you ... but you were the reason :p

[​IMG]

Welcome to the club, Greenhorn! :p

_Baragain_ likes this.
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Greenhorn?
    [​IMG]

piteris2 and trakilaki like this.
  3. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

And the bump reason is?o_O

4. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

Dear Gurus,

I got a legendary shield drop on my Dragonknight that is Tier 5 with golden line base stats on all 3. The enchantments are alright in my opinion, but not great. Is it possible to transfer enchants from a crafted legendary to it? I think it might be worth it if so, because of the base stats. Also, what about upgrading the tier on it? I'm unsure because people only talk about tier upgrades on uniques.

5. trakilaki

Yes you can do all that.
    But ... your chances are something like "not in this lifetime" .

6. Jhinstalock

Chances of what exactly, getting the crafted enchants?

Edit: picture of the shield
    [​IMG]

7. trakilaki

Chances of doing everything you said.
    1. You can upgrade the tier with leg to leg crafting ... you will have to use 3 more T6 items.
    2. You can transfer enchantments from a crafted leg items (lets say item with 4 golden enchantments) again with leg to leg crafting.
    3. You can transfer the base stats (all golden) to another leg item again with leg to leg crafting.

Now ... combine all ^3 points into a single crafting process.
    You will have to have:
    1 leg with 4x golden enchantments into one of the first two slots (this one is probably not T6 item)
    1 leg item with all golden base stats in one of the first two slots (this one is 100% T5 item)
    2x T6 junk legs into the second two slots.

So you will have to make rolls until you get T6 item with all golden base stats from the second item and all golden enchantments from the first item.

8. gbit

gbit Forum General

the probability to take 4 Golden enchantements over 16 total enchantements is 1 to 1820 (if there aren't other golden enchant), the probability to take right base stats is obviously 1 over 4, so the probability to craft the desired item is 1 over 7280. I have not consider the tier (T5 or T6 is not relevant for the enchant craft).
    so, yes it is possible, but "not in this lifetime" is the right answer, i think...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  9. Jhinstalock

Don't worry, I happen to have 23000 legendaries lying around, as well as a few million gold :)

gbit likes this.
  10. Conqueror21

Conqueror21 Forum Apprentice

Hey Gurus , what's the best way of crafting for golden lines?So far I only tried with 4 items x1 golden line because that's the only kind of good items I drop,but the possibilities of getting items with more than one golden line seem to be pretty low.What would you suggest?

11. trakilaki

It is not relevant to the enchantments but it is for the base stats ... since he wants to upgrade the item from T5 to T6.
    Crafting item of what rarity?

12. gbit

gbit Forum General

so if we consider the tier we have 1 probability over 9706 (and decimals) to take a T6.

13. Jhinstalock

The best way to get multiple gold lines on an item is to start with crafting green golden line items into blue. Since you can only get 1 inherited enchantment, the best way is to put your gold line green on the first slot, and 3 garbage greens of the same item type on the rest. This is a 1/4 chance of succeeding. If you don't succeed, click revert and add another 2 green items and try again until it works.

This is pretty much how it works for blues and purples too, but you can get 2 inherited enchantments for blues, and 3 when upgrading purples.

I hope this clarifies it :)

Conqueror21 likes this.
  14. _Baragain_

Long story short, you'd be better off farming unique shields and hoping to get the same luck. The statistical improbability of what you are asking is so low that it can pretty much be discounted.
    See the crafting guide on the wiki and reference the probability chart here.

• The standard method is one gold line green item with three "junk" items until you get a blue item with one gold line. The probability of this is 25%.
    • Then, use two blue items with gold lines and two junk items until you get an exo with two gold lines. The probability of this is 3.57%. This takes quite a while and most people who are new to crafting get discouraged by this part because they expect it to be easy.
    • You then take two of these two gold line exos and craft them with two junk exos. These can be items with one gold line (less common, but better odds) or items with no gold lines (common, but worse odds). The odds range from 1.82% for no gold line junk items all the way up to 9.09% if you use two junk items with one gold line each. The legendaries that this process produces are the first "usable" items. They can have good enough stats to transfer to uniques to hold you over while crafting even better gear, or they can sometimes be used as is if you don't have crafting resources.
    • Sometimes people talk about "3.5 gold lines." This is what you get when the random line that shows up is a good line of the type you are looking for. For example, if you are trying to eventually craft a 38% damage torso and you get 9.5/9.5/9.5/6.5, you'd have 35% damage which is really good for a exo to legendary craft.
    • The final step, one you'd likely approach after 6+ months of crafting, is to craft legendaries with four lines. It is expensive and has an abysmal success rate, but when you finally succeed, it is a great feeling.

He wanted the bump so that he could make a little joke at my expense (I "caught up" with him in terms of forum rank, the 5th one on all the forums) and didn't want it merged into his previous post if a mod got offended by the bump.

That said, he may have quantity, but I have quality. :p

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Conqueror21 and Jhinstalock like this.
  15. Conqueror21

Conqueror21 Forum Apprentice

Thank you all for your quick answers☺.

16. trakilaki

[​IMG]

17. jogotanto

jogotanto Forum Greenhorn

Hi guys,

Tank/War, got a tier 5 Heredur Shield with no golden base values.
    I managed to put it at level 60 currently.

Due to the fact I was deluxe for 3 months or so, I accumulated 275 augment cores.
    I don't need any of the Frost Cores I also have in my inventory.

Question here is: would it be wise to augment crafting the shield or spend 96k Materi to buy the level 6?
    Frost cores I have enough and for 250 drakens I can buy the remaining augment cores.
    I could use the materi for some other items though, but it's not that hard to farm so....don't really know what to do.

Thanks in advance, char "jogotanto", server Heredur.

Cheers,

18. trakilaki

quite easy one
    no gold stats = not worth spending cores
    Just buy T6 you won't regret ;)

19. _Baragain_

Here are my rules of thumb when it comes to the question "Should I augment?" In general, I wouldn't recommend augmenting an item unless the answer to at least one of these two questions is "Yes."
    1. Does it have gold base lines that are worth keeping?
    2. Have you pristine core crafted quality enchantments to the unique and don't want to lose them?

In the case of #1, I'd recommend waiting on augmenting until you do Pristine Core Crafting so that you would end up spending 50 less elemental cores and 50 less Pristine Cores. In the case of 2, I'd recommend looking for a T6 with better base stats and then doing Soul Core Crafting.

In your case, you don't have case 1 or case 2, so I'd recommend either buying a T6 shield, farming for a T5 with gold lines that would be worth augmenting, or farming for a T6 shield with gold lines. From there, you just need to craft a shield worthy of Pristine Core Crafting with the shield you end up getting.

20. jogotanto

jogotanto Forum Greenhorn

What a moron I was, I am so sorry, forgot the most important part: I have pristine crafted my tier 5 shield, and with OLD values like 60 per cent increase block overall and not on this item.

So guys, can you give me an opinion having this additional variable now?

thanks,