Feedback Big Game Hunt Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, Nov 17, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

First i try to reenter the FBI, but i stay on the same map and mouse click did not want to work on travelstone anymore. After restart to Grimmag, i recive: The client is currently unavailable. Please try again later!

But, i can enter on Heredur Server.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    njobac likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The game was down . Now it is running again.

I am old player and I haven't finished the progress ... yet.
    I won't take either side ...
    This event is not for the end players ... they already have all royals and other stuff ... they don't need these rewards (except maybe the rune).
    This is a Promotional Event ... like the Dwarven Rally was in the past. It is promoting a new content released in the game.
    Now ... who is the target? The answer is ... both the newer and the older players are the target ... but the newer players are having higher priority.
    The reason to make all the players actually play the scaling dungeons:
    - newer players would inprove
    - older players would learn the fact there is something else to be played ... other that the boring PW.
    Let me make a digression ... so you can see not everything is like you say.
    I am a old player and this is my ranger.
    EhtovK is a new player (at least in my terms :D ) ... I have played the game many years before he started ... yet his toon is now much stronger than my weakling ranger.
    _Baragain_ is old player like me ... but he was absent for a long time since the latest expansion came up. I was playing every single day while he was absent ... yet he just came "yesterday" and now his toon is much stronger than mine :D
    (i will not speak about the dev's stupidity to sanction rangers who are having their own goal and their own definition of "having fun in game" ... instead of the dev's "one set for all" crap without "freedom of choice" ... for which they will lose more and more players every day)
    Just like them you can improve in short time ... and this event is here to help you speed up the process.
    It will take you more time to finish it ... sure ... but you can do it. There is a plenty of time and the buff will only increase ... at the end you would be probably having 1500% buff ...
    If you can't kill the bosses easily ... you can use buffs and essences or group with other players.

3. sjwing

sjwing Forum Apprentice

Thank you, Baragain, for your comments. I love the idea of an event for those who can do them ( higher levels) , and corresponding rewards . As Trakilaki had stated , in a post, not every event is meant for everyone. Doing the same events over and over isn’t fun. As one gets stronger, having an event that is a challenge is quite nice. I’m fairly new here , less than a year, and lvl55.
    Not everything is for everyone . I’m not a pvp fan. There are many who are. There are plenty of events for the newcomer or weaker player , but few if any, Other than this new event , for more experienced or stronger players , or old players.
    Thank you, DSO for giving US something to look forward to. I look forward to more of these types of events, challenges . Please do two a year for us.

Zulily19 likes this.
  4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

As one of those players that begged for this type of event for years, I applaud DSO for listening. I may not finish this event, but that doesn't matter. We finally have an event worthy of the grind.

I hope that this continues.

Zulily19 and semen470 like this.
  5. wolfie54

wolfie54 Active Author

First, let me start off by saying that I am not finished with the event just yet but the finish line is in sight. I think DSO has done a great job overall with this event. At the beginning I was apprehensive, what with the 1 million progress bar. I like a challenge and this event is challenging me. I'm a goal oriented person and this event offers some fantastic goals. Absolutely wonderful event for me, DSO!

As to the event rewards, in a word, awesome. Some will benefit more than others and that is fine. I like that there is a complete set of items available to help out rising players. Drakens, clovers, runes, boy who can't use more of those. Hard work should be rewarded and in this event it is. I'm having fun and isn't that really the point in playing a game?

I'm not going to get into whether it is fair/unfair for newer players. I'll just say that during the last Christmas event I was level 48 and unable to complete the challenges. That was not the fault of DSO, "older players" or anyone else, I was simply not ready at that time to compete against the challenges of the event.

Lastly, I send out thanks to all you players who were here long before me who have fought so long and hard to get the rest of us events like this. I'm sure there were many months/years y'all thought your voices were not being heard, but I applaud y'all's efforts. Once again your tireless efforts bear some fruit. Thank y'all very much!

Dragonnns, semen470 and EhtovK like this.
  6. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Trying to make this a useful post that may serve as an example to others and remain on topic..., with the stats you posted here, I'd say a toon like yours is only limited by your real life schedule, you should be able to complete the event by investing a few hours per day.

However..., if you'd like a helping hand, I'll be on the watch for you in-game, we might differ in opinions more often than not, but that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to team up, good hunting.

7. Mr.eggplant

Mr.eggplant Forum Apprentice

This event is quite nice with good rewards specially for developing characters.
    Was expecting a hardcore grind when i first saw that 1M progress bar but I was wrong.
    It is not that hard, farm keys in fbi, then fight boss after farming. If you get tired you can actually take a rest and just go back later(Lol).

Did the run on Painful mode with my guildmates who are just like me got a 4-6weeks old character(DRO players) and i was surprise we are doing quite fine.
    The mobs were easy, The boss was easy, unlike PW map and bosses.
    Now we actually do excru and fatal on fbi, but still to slow with World Bosses so we gonna stick to painful mode for boss fights.
    Progress still got a long way to go, but i think its doable and we are only playing for a few hours a day.

If you cant go solo then go find a group. The event is forcing us players to play on higher mode but at least you can get better equipment with higher stat, much more crafting material with gold lines, and seeing the badge stack go up was quite enjoyable(pssshhh). So overall Goodjob.

Ps. We still hate you BP :)

8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Game_Hunt

I suggest to read this article written by trakilaki, if you have difficulties with the event, read the strategy section, it may help you.
    If you can't do solo, group with other players, it'll help you.

This event is inclusive enough, it can be completed in one day by nerding and it can be completed easily in 2 weeks, by getting 80k badges per day, do not let the progress bar terrify you, follow the strategy of the wiki
    The strategy to finish is to have enough keys to do the bosses non stop and to maintain the buff

Those that finished early were the ones who farmed the keys before the start of the event, so they grinded before the start of the event

This is actually what many players asked, a grindy event worth grinding and the rewards are sure worth the grindy, especially the rune( which is a tier 4 health rune) and the gem bags and the clovers

Thumbs up to bp for listening

Zulily19 likes this.
  9. Sanguinius94

Sanguinius94 Forum Apprentice

Hi there ^^

For me, a very very impressive event at the first look, but very nice atfer all:

-Awesome reward
    -Not to boring farm (only RESEF is boring, but don't need to much time to get all keys)
    -Nice drop
    -The buff is very very VERY pretty (uhuh) And he don't go after a disconnection, and that make the difference between a long and boring event, and this one :D

This is me opinion, i'm very sorry for me bad english, but the french forum is like the Big Desert...

Thanks you, and see you ^^

Sangui

semen470 likes this.
  10. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

Just lost 1000% buff at 825k progress.
    Hours and hours of farm double wasted

11. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Look at all this positive feedback.Its been a while since i saw this many people posting nice things about an event lol.Hopefully the winter event will be just as good as this one and not a copy paste from last year(s) with same old and almost useless rewards xD

12. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

If support can't help you, might want to consider just farming fbi for keys while waiting for the 500% universal to kick in as you are not very far from completion. or sit on khepre excru in great desert.

13. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

I like this event and am finding it quite playable. I've spent months in PW trying to get my shield and torso so I could start crafting, and had ignored the newly scaled old dungeons. This gives me a chance and a reason to go back and play some of the maps that were so much fun when I was leveling up my toon.

Yes for the casual player it is a very long event. I'm currently running FBI over and over to farm keys, and sometimes head out to the great desert. I will very likely complete this event and not stress much. That alone is worth the price of admission. Ad a DK, I must say, that greedy goblin is a bugger. Very hard to chase him down with my slow build. I often don't kill him in time when I'm in excruciating. Kind of makes me want to go back to 2H.

Lastly, a big THANK YOU, to BP for doing the right thing with the buffs, and pausing the timer when you log off. This is an example of the right thing to do.

Zulily19 likes this.
  14. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

While farming enter-exit the map, I found my pg naked ( without costume ) and unmounted AND with +0% bonus counter.

With the +0% bonus counter fully reset from the start.

15. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Fwiw, I find that it's fairly easy to pin the greedy goblin in a corner on my DK if you do loxley map, although that is a slower key farming map. I am doing him 2H, though.

16. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

Thanks for the interest, anyway support passed the problem to the technical team, so maybe i will not need the 500% bonus :oops:.

You should write to support too, if you already didn't...

17. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Am currently dealing with an odd problem. I was in a group farming Foxarrific Painful for keys. We were using the teleport travel stone to reset the map. The time changed and we should have received new daily quests and bonus options when the map changed. Some of us got nothing. Some got the bonus but not the quest. Even after leaving the group and closing out of Drakensang for 5 plus minutes, on re-entering, the daily bonus/quests are not available. I do have a ticket in with support but thought I'd mention it in case anyone else encountered it and have a fix.

There a few things I'm liking about this event even though it is a grind. But then, every event is a grind. In this one, I may be grinding but I get to change maps. If I am tired of the FBI, I can go visit Loxley for keys. If I have keys, I can go kill Gorga until I need a change and then maybe go see Sigrismar or Balor. Thank you for making the grind not so boring.

I like that the travel stones on the painful + maps recognize that the map is cleared and let some group members start the new map while other group members are still picking up loot.

I'm not playing an OP toon even though I've been here a while. It is nice to still be able to trudge along and find a map that is playable at my skill set. I may not finish the event (I don't like gorillas or any ape anyway!), but at least it is fun and I am getting a lot of melt, gems, and event items.

Thank you DSO.

cdeepal likes this.
  18. ijzerreus

ijzerreus Forum Apprentice

Anyone with a good idea to kill the Goblin?
    I keep getting him but can't kill him, because he keeps running away so no badges for me :mad:

I'm a ranger, much appreciated for any tips.

19. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

You have to stun him. Well if you go with a group, the goblin is fairly easy, because team members will have an abundant supply of stunning spells coming one after another.

If you go solo, it is still doable, you need to pretty much use all your available stunning, slowing down spells on him, unless of course if you are very powerful and can kill it in a couple of hits. Then you can do without stunning.

20. Arthasx

Arthasx Forum Greenhorn

Hello,

I have nothing to say about the event, it's a really nice one, congrats bp.

But actually I'm trying to rise the top 50 and I think it could be a really good idea to include a leaderboard updated every days for this top :)

Kratos2o2

alchimista likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.