Feedback Defeat The Undefeatable - November Edition!

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Nov 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Defeat The Undefeatable

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,

Your Drakensang Online Team

2. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

Another event that requires a lot of realm fragments. Easy is easy. Bosses take too long to kill in hard. Have to play to the end to get the prizes I want. Is boring to go in and play the same bossess over and over. Going to skip this event.

3. x_Dragon_Slayer_x

x_Dragon_Slayer_x Someday Author

I'ts one of my favourite events... Got at least 5.5k drakens, only today... but i'm runnig out of realm fragments now xD

P.S: Finished the event only in 2 hours in Excruciating (lvl3...) and did only 1 run in fatal because it takes more time to do 1 run xD and after finished the event just did only normal for the drakens and "wasted" 1.8k frags (was farming like crazy the last weeks but only got some frags because i'm a tank and get bad drop...).

And got 3 pets in all my runs... and some extra pieces xd

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  4. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

dude you gotta be kidding me. when an event is bad, everyone complains about it since the very moment it has started. if you dont play because you are dissapointed in the game, thats another thing. but you cant damn say that this event is hard in terms of fragments or the time needed. i finished the event in less than 4 hours, not even needing to go beyond the second difficulty, and i am a long way before calling myself god of farming, since i am ranger as well. the time you need for the event is ridiculusly low, the progress is way too easy to finish, because the drop rates are great even in the 1st difficulty and as for the fragments, lets just say that i hope you are not serious. the number of fragments you can collect in parallel worlds is ridiculus and so are their drop rates and numbers, and i know very well you are not new to the game and can farm well. so if you came here complain,for its just your habit to complain,fine. however, by no means is this event bad and so dont defame it, if you please.
    P.S: i finished the event in second mode and i had like 2 golden chests, and still dont complain, for this event is well worth my bad luck on this part

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is because you didn't try or didn't read the guide :D
    http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Undefeatable_X

Positive:
    1. Easy to finish the progress bar ... even for weak players. (finished it in something more than 1 hour)
    2. There is no need to play higher difficulty than painful ... because the drops are almost the same the only difference is the time needed to kill the bosses.
    3. Very good for gem, gold, draken farm. I have got 3x polished gems from bosses, good amount of gold and over 1100 draken so far (not including the progress bar drakens)
    4. Playing in painful is very easy and 2x key of defeat are enough to open two chests every run.
    If playing in Excruciating ... it is slightly harder but not much. Drops are almost the same but you get one extra key of defeat so you can open all three chests every run.

Negative:
    1. Same old server crashes ... even though this is happening every day it gets to its peek with every event (probably because there are more players playing the game.
    2. Cut Peridot drops 100% when you open the golden chest for a first time ... unfortunately we all are starting from the second opening every event ... therefore no gem at all.
    3. Golden chests are not worth opening. They offer nothing more than the ordinary ones ... in fact if you open 10 ordinary chests you would get better drop than from the drop of one golden chest.
    4. Fatal mode is unrewarding in all aspects.
    There is no way someone would play longer and spending lot more resources just to get the same drop as in painful mode ... 5x key of defeat are not good enough reason to play fatal mode.
    5. You never fixed the quests's portals ... they were bugged in the first event .... they are bugged now. You can't use them except in normal mode. they are different and don't stack with the other ones.
    6. Arachna Doll's Ears - spiders don't have ears

6. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Opened 2 shiny chests and neither gave me any gold or draken... Thanks a lot...
    You need to make them more worthy than this for me too use 10 keys on them.

The pet parts... What am I supposed to do with 4 leg parts, 3 eye parts and 2 ear parts (so far)?
    I wish I could exchange 4 excess parts for the part that I'm missing.
    I don't wanna end up using 1500 draken... because I'm still waiting for the Bearach pet offer for a part that I didn't manage to get last time.

Difficulty levels... Why would you go for higher difficulty levels since you get the same amount of keys per number of fragments/entrances (except fatal maybe.... but who in his right mind does fatal runs)?
    You need to actually increase the "stack size" as per your description... for draken and gold for example, since you basically get the same amount when opening chests in normal or higher modes.

7. JabaRune

JabaRune Forum Apprentice

This was definitely my favorite event so far(I've only been play for a few weeks.) Fighting bosses is my favorite thing to do and fighting five different bosses back to back, that were all my level, was perfect. Variety and a challenge. Really the most fun I've had in game.

It does seem odd that there aren't better rewards for doing it on harder difficulties... I'm only doing it on painful because it is the best way available to me to get legendary and extraordinary items... it's fun too, I guess. In Painful you do get more insignias per realm path used, but it is slower overall than farming more realm fragments and just doing it on normal mode... and it's easy to get 4000 insignias so it doesn't really matter.

I really don't like how you can get multiples of the same pet piece... It's just annoying... I'd much rather the pet parts were just rarer to begin with but you couldn't get duplicates.

I don't understand what's so good about the Jewel of Rage... Is it just that you can equip it in helmet/cloak where you wouldn't normally be able to use an offensive gem? I guess that would make sense for end-game characters...

8. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

5x Jewels of Rage (or even the crafted up ones) is a common end game approach for DKs, SWs, and Rangers. 25% crit damage and 5% attack speed is a nice boost if you already have high crit hit value, and gives you offense in what is normally a defensive slot.

As for the event itself, it is a nice break from the usual stonekeep PW runs.

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Unless you are playing a midget you would notice the difference

Tip of the day: realm paths can be used even when the event is gone. :p
    Buy enough portals and farm your pet part after the event is gone. ;)

SGK|GaminG|HD2000 likes this.
  10. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

Good and easy event.
    To finish event you need ~45 run in normal or ~12 in lethal...the only difference is the number of keys you drop.
    I finished in about 1h but I spent 1800 realm fragments before I drop the 1st pair of legs :(

11. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Say what? In normal, I drop 10 insignia per each of the four basic bosses, except twice I dropped 20; the main boss drops 25 almost every time, with one very rare 80 from Sigi if I remember correctly (EDIT: As I re-read that, I'm thinking the 80 was probably from a main boss on Painful, the giant from Tegan's Ceremonial Hall). So, virtually always 65 total per run = 62 runs (with the rare better drop lowering that to probably ~59 runs).

Painful drops almost always 30 per basic boss, and ~60 per main boss, so 180 per run or 22 runs ... but, my Lvl50 Ranger is still weak, tends to get one-shot by many of the bosses, both basic and main, in Painful ... and Balor is a no-go at that level for me. So, I'm stuck slogging it out on Normal. Fortunately, I can do that on green essence, so conserving my paltry supply of blues for future PW runs (praying for a miraculous drop sometime, somewhere, that will improve my toon, even incrementally ... other than Full Moon equipment, I can't remember the last time I picked up something that wasn't melt or green/blue crafting junk).

And, to the players who've been extolling the chest drops ... huh? I've snagged maybe 80 gold and 200 draken and am about 2/3 the way through the event. Grateful for draken from the progress bar, but other than that first Shiny Gold Chest dropping the Cut Peridot, drops have been, meh.

Oh, and that Cut Peridot ... underwhelming until you amass dozens of them, at least for a ranger. The 2% concentration reduction only impacts one skill, Explosive Arrow, decreasing the concentration cost from 53 to 51. No other skill (at least with the way I've allocated my Wisdom points) has a high enough concentration cost for that 2% reduction from the gem to have any actual impact.

So, 5 to 10 years from now I'll have enough Cut Peridot crafted up to actually make a difference to my toon? Assuming the "one-time only" drop bug is fixed in the future.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Forgot to comment on the cloak: What? Those stats = Insta-melt.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Those rants aside, it's a decent change of pace event, bearing in mind that the "rewards" are chiefly in the pleasure of doing a different kind of grind than usual, not in actual equipment/gem/essence drops or event progress items.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  12. Opalsion

Opalsion Junior Expert

Well that's not entirely true. With 4x 3% Peridot gems you can have 7 precision shots using longbow, so it's good.

13. gun

gun Forum Great Master

+
    1. 400 Crit rate pet bonus is nice, worth to try getting it
    2. Gem from progress bar also nice and it is easy enough to get
    3. Possible to farm gold & draken
    4. Considering Realm Fragment easier to get now, this event well backed up.

-
    1. Difficulty above Painful mode not rewarding
    2. Poor game play experience on & after 26th Nov. Please look spoiler
    3. No support for urgent fix in weekend

On 25th Nov the game just fine.
    But beginning 26th Nov, my client disconnect a lot.
    I thought it was random disconnection, but I realised that the period of time between disconnections can make a pattern. Below is some screenshots from video I taken:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Check the time in video. 00:50 is the first disconnection, 02:01 is the 2nd, 03:13 is the 3rd.
    They are once every 1 minute. The data might not exactly 1 minute.. such as the 1st one because of I started recording, so the time being cut. While 02:01 & 03:13 is plus minus when I paused the video and latency.

I'm pretty sure somewhere inside the game there is scheduled task to run every minute.

Another thing is this one:
    [​IMG]
    I got that quite often when trying to use Realm path or use teleport to city.

This is very bad since the character can die anytime. Thus making poor gameplay experience.
    It is considered critical and may not pass QA.

PS: Thank you very much for the daily bonus code. It is useful for old and new player.

14. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Sure, there's value in the gems once you have a mass of them, but how long will it take to get enough gems to make a difference? Until they fix the bug, you get max 2 on the very first time you play the event, then max 1 each subsequent event. Let's say they run it 4 x per year ... that's 5 gems the first year = 1x 3% + 2x 2% ... to get to your 4x 3% will take 12x 2% = 3 years

15. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

No need, tho I have 28 portals left after I finally got my last part last night after a full day with no pet part drops :mad:.

16. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

4x10 (first map) + 25 (second map) = 65 insigna minimun per run.
    65x45 = 2925
    the last 1000 insigna you'll get from chests and from boss (when you'll drop 20, 50 or 100).
    I finished event in 8 run in lethal mode (1 time I get more than 500 from second map's boss)

17. xXxTroublexXx

xXxTroublexXx Forum Apprentice

very good event. Something worth spending realm frags on.

1 thing could be better: once you finished progress bar, please replace progress drop from chests by gold or something else

18. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Thanks for not tweaking this event to the point we would all be complaining here. Please don't change Solstice Event...

Gold drops from the chests were way down this time around as the maximum I received from any chest was 5 gold.

19. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

The event (like the previous one) was fine. It is not that hard to complete but there are some things that I didn't like.
    The one that I didn't like the most was those doll parts. Just like in the previous event I got 3 different doll parts in the first 3 golden chests and after that just duplicates (after the fifth duplicate I gave up). I was greedy this time because I wanted to get gems from the golden chest. I only opened golden chests(8 in total) and as you can guess 0 gems dropped (in the previous event I got 1 gem). And now I have 6 used slots in my inventory for these parts that I will throw away and mark this event in my event list as a fail :(
    You can say that this depends on probability and luck but if the same thing happens twice, what is the probability of that... Just saying.
    Another thing, I didn't get any draken from gold chests :confused: Don't know if that was supposed to happen...

20. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Nice event as long except for the two useless things. 1) Gold Chests. Not worth opening. Even if they ever really do fix the first drop thing then it would still only be worth it to open one... and that is marginal only if you want the peridot's. 2) Excruciating and fatal modes. OK, some players might get a kick out of these but they serve no purpose towards completing the progress bar.

Anyway, I always want more rage jewels so I played this event with a lot of toons. Completed event with five toons. Got plenty of Draken, gold, gems, melts along the way. Got the pet on all five... needed to do a few extra runs for two of them.

So again the trick to make this a quick/rewarding event is to only do normal/painful and only use the normal chests.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.