Feedback Invasion on the Resistance Command Center

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, Apr 9, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding the Invasion on the Resistance Command Center event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

NoelaniAlthea likes this.
  2. krishh21

krishh21 Forum Apprentice

Please i request you to don't make the required item for entry to be realm fragment every time. This is 5th event which required the same thing of which the drops r very low (1-2 realm fragment every run of dungeons) and in the previous other events it has been made 10 realms to get 1 portal now. Now in this event 1 run of Swaywood dale gives only 1 drop of each lumber jack and bundle of dynamite. That means in 1 run of Swaywood dale gives all together 9 barricade timber and 9 fieldstone. So 1 run of RCC under siege requires average 4 runs of Swaywood dale. Now i request you to please either increase the drops of realm fragments or don't put its use in every events. If i say increase then it means at least 1 run of any dungeon should give average 5-6 realm fragments.
    Thank you.

3. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

It seems to me that server population greatly effects the drop rate of event progress and farming supplies. (I found out it might be a group penalty) I have seen 3 insignias drop during a farming run when the group list for the event was endless. Later when I went to farm I got 3 lumber jack 2 bundles of dynamite and 48 insignias. I looked at the group menu and there where only a handful on. My advise to people low on realm frogs check how many are in the event, if there are a lot farm realm frogs and anderment.

Proper way to relay negative feedback...
    When playing this event there is a penalty to playing in a group. This is very unpleasant experience. I have gotten as low a 3 event progress in the Swaywood map with a group. When we I soloed the map I obtained 46 progress. At first I thought it was a fluke but after several tries with a group max progress was 22 with 3 members and solo max was 49 progress. In 5 solo attempt the lowest was 32 progress in 20 group recording max was 22.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  4. taketh

taketh Regular

The general consensus of players is that the event is boring. Not sure how to improve that though, make it harder and shorter, with more rewards possibly.

I have a lot more stones than i have wood.

The caterpult quest does not give an aparent reward.

I would be happy if four weapon adornments can be combined to get the max stat weapon adornment. I might save four extra in my inventory in case this happens for crafting 2.0, i might not if i get a weapon adornment close to 12% damage.

I am thankful that the event is not as time consuming as other events have been.

Would be nice to get an achievement for finishing the event.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  5. wangwang

wangwang Active Author

Too much stones and too less woods,0 challenge 0 fun

6. KellueéHazé

KellueéHazé Junior Expert

The event is going smooth at the moment, but it would be nice if the "lumberjack axes" had a better drop rate. :)

Knifefromjack likes this.
  7. I deleted it for you. You're welcome. After all, that must have obviously been your goal with that post.

We don't mind negative feedback, but it needs to be constructive negative feedback; not a rant that serves no real function other than to rant. In case you don't know what constructive feedback looks like, you can always read all about it here. If you feel like whining, you can do that in the CM thread, but Feedback threads are for constructive feedback.

8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Since Trakilaki already wrote the perfect review/feedback for this event in the test server section, all I add is that it also a bit boring and unrewarding.

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

1) As others have mentioned, scatterpult quest does not appear to give any rewards. Would be nice if it was 5 insignia or realm fragsbor whatever.

2) would also be nice if the timber/fieldstone drops were more equal somehow.

3) event is a bit grindy but i am not sure how to change that without making it too easy for newer players or too easy for veterans.

4) i hope you at least consider rerunning the first event, if not both, or at least make the first two items available in upcoming events. At this point, i believe there are no steam mechs that have the belt as i believe the belt event occurred before the introduction of the steam mech class.

10. krishh21

krishh21 Forum Apprentice

Sir I only posted my feedback so that everyone in the game can take a part in event and enjoy it. But since now almost every events needs realm fragments to take part thats why i suggested it. Because i never got anytime more than 2 realm fragments drop in 1 run of any dungeons and since now the requirement has also very much higher. I also played this current running event with group of 5 and also solo but never got those lumber jack and bundle of dynamite more than 1 drop. And also the same i confirmed with my friends playing the game. If in case some have might got more than 1 drop of those items than its in very rare cases and i dont think thats good for others as it is one of the essential items to complete the event. If a player is unable to get appropriate drops of essential required items like realm fragments, lumber jack or bundle of dynamites then how can he/she can participate in such events that will make a big faliure of it. So rest you can think about it and do the needful.
    Thanking you.

11. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Will do, Mister YWOYD. :D

To start off, I actually like that they brought back this event series and planning on running it further. I thought it was forgotten! That said, plenty of room for improvement.

I don't really have much to say about the entry fee. I don't care that it charges Realm Frags, I stopped consistently farming the moon events because those are just tedious, so I have a lot. Just one small thing... any chance we could get Realm Frags added to auto-loot? :confused: I can't see the damn things on the ground when I'm farming fast and there's elemental explosions all over the place, so I have to keep backtracking to pick them up.

I have no idea what's the point of quests without rewards. If the dev team is going to the effort of sticking in a quest, then for goodness sakes, add in a reward. :v Even if the reward is just something crappy like 1 war gear is better than nothing at all.

It's nice having new event maps to play on, and there are also champion spawns on them. That part is quite appreciated. However, the difficulty is simply not there. Right now, I duo farm Swaywood Dale; one person goes clockwise, another goes counterclockwise, then we switch to collect loot. That's the only kind of teamwork needed. The mobs at RCC are a joke, I'm even one-shotting champions. I get that the event is trying to appeal to a newer audience judging from the rewards, but did it really have to be that boring? It could be improved by having a normal/hard version akin to the old Sargon events. People who aren't strong enough can play the normal maps. People who are otherwise bored out of their minds on normal map can go play hard where they get double the rewards for the increased difficulty. I can complete this entire event on green ess, using blues would just be overkill.

Oh yes... one small thing. Can we have a summonable SM too? Pretty please. :p I'm just having too much fun watching NPCs fight each other.

The rewards this time are pretty much a disappointment. A weapon adornment that is truly useful to one class and one class only. No new mounts, costumes, emotes, or even achievements. The drakens are ok (except I have no use for them) and the gem bags are alright too (woohoo, onyxes, totally needed those).

Anyways, this event has a lot of improving to do if it wants to become more popular. As it stands, I'll probably finish farming it in another day or two, so can I just have a few more XP boost weekends instead? I'd actually have more fun leveling my noob alts in place of this.

anonynoob and eedman86 like this.
  12. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

Snow says it all for me.
    Whilst I appreciate return turn-over of events, something new, unfortunately after 3 or 4 runs... my enthusiasm has waned somewhat.
    No matter how hard I try, I no longer find it interesting enough to complete this event.
    Perhaps as an older player I need something that challenges my mind.. A puzzle to complete within a quest. Anything but this grinding boredom please.

13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I will just copy/paste my "avant garde review"

My insight (no math just an average drop count)
    Swaywood Dale: I get 15 Insignia of Merit in average, 1-3 War gear, stone and wood drops are depending on your resources ...
    This map is boring as hell. this is the place where you are spending your realm fragments.

RCC under Siege: I get in average 50-55 Insignia of Merit from drops ... there are few RE quests (some of them completely useles ... I don't even know what is their purpose since they are not giving any reward or having impact on any other quest) and there is a catch with the quests. Those quests seems to give RANDOM rewards ... so you can't calculate how much you would get or what you would get ... every round can be with different reward. They are giving Insignias, drakens and realm fragments.
    This map is slightly less boring than Swaywood Dale. I was getting 2-5 War Gears per run.

Now knowing that the progress rewards are not good at all ... your goal could be the quest "Just What You Need" which is giving the event unique item. But knowing that the item itself is not so good ... you may run out of goals :D
    This quest is requiring 200 War Gears and is repeatable ... because the enchantments are random ... and you may want to get better enchantments if you haven't in the previous attempt. You may also choose to spend your War Gears on this quest which is giving a chest. You may get anything including that unique focus. I spent 150 war gears on this quest and got crap.

In Summary ... this event has got nothing to do with the previous Invasion on Kingshill ... it looks much more like Perils of Time ... meaning grind to death and you will find no joy.
    Defending the NPC's doesn't need strategy or cooperation with other players ... since those tasks are more like a "spam your basic attack and watch TV" type of tasks.

Another Ruined Event ... Another Boredom-fest.

In addition: The trolls inside RCC under Siege are having voice of a Cyclops.

14. bruluci

bruluci Forum Apprentice

Bringing back the "Collectors Set" has been a long awaited event for me.
    Thrilled that developers are finally continuing the set!!!

i would have preferred crit over resistance on the unique... but 12% Increase damage is AWESOME! (maybe not so much for newer players... but after all, only a 3+ year-old character would have the first two pieces.)

A bit too easy for vets, a suggestion of a "Difficult" or "Nightmare" option would work well here. Seems challenging enough for newer players.

switching the requirements to 20 wood and 30 stone would balance out the grind a bit.

Lack of explanation on the step by step procedure in event map2 - alot of people seemed to get glitched here, especially in groups where one person did the tasks out of order in a previous run.

As a "Since-Beta" player, I can honestly say this is the first event that gave a little back for dedication. I hope the set gets completed before re-introducing the first two pieces!

My 2 cents....

15. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

my $.02 worth.
    Swaywood = Boring... run after run and most the time no axe, no TnT. so run in and kill everything get a few merit, 1 or 2 gear and a few free wood and stone... = === BORING!!!

Then you have to go back to the OVERCROWDED Kingshill to turn in quests and Accept new ones. ==== Stupid. Why always KH? .. why only 1 place to get quests/ enter event??? just dumb!!!

In 2nd map ... action ok but map is small. And why poison bosses at defend sights???? they spit the poison at Roshan and the that dumb ***** just stands there????? You can defend her from everything.... EXCEPT HERSELF!!! So very dumb!

Finally ... The clover quest ... for piece of leg gear. Why.. Why is it that you always make it so that 1 piece, or in this case 1 boss .. is almost always a no show??? all for a piece of leg gear???

I can do a couple of runs in HoD and get better gear than the rewards from event. The only reason to do this event is to get draken. That is if you have need of it. But Gnob little to nothing to offer anymore so to me drakens are not that important.
    just like this event... At the rate these events come around you will have to play DSO for 9 years to get the full set .. and by the time you get full set, lvl cap will be 80 - 90 and most of your pieces will be lvl 40 - 75... This a brand new super-over-the-moon-and-beyond kind of STUPID...

This event is not only boring but has led me to have a grand drop in faith in BP/DSO... With so much driving so many players away this seemed to me to be an anything but smart move.

Thanks, Doc.

16. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

1. managed to finished it today... so duration wise I guess is ok, especially a non hardcore farmer like me, though spending a bit of Amp keys

2. the balance of woods and stones have to be rework and I hope that this thread is really being used instead of the moons events feedback thread. I have balance 180 stones, 6 woods, 5 dynamite and 2 ax..... (maybe should have use the lumbers to save space but then you will never know whether drop rates per ax will increase...)

3. If feasible please rework the AI of the summons so that they dont block us when we are running around ("teleported" to our assumed destination). Might be to change the script to like 2 feet away from our last clicked destination or something....

4. Please also have a "hard" mode to encourage group play.... and definitely keep the difficulties and drop rates of insignia as it is for those who prefer soloing. With hard mode of course the insignia has to be uppped... :)