Karabossa Shoulders Drop Rate

Discussion in 'Event Questions' started by G3dd, Jan 8, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Archane

    Archane Forum Apprentice

    From my experience in playing for about a year or so i would say the drop rate is totally random, i've seen people get drops on the first run and others not until the 300th run so like with any rng it's just luck if you get it quickly but if you keep at it eventually everything drops.

    After about 300 or so kills from bearach i got his weapon 3 times and i kept going till i finally got that 3rd drop of the weapon which had a decent damage line, but the first drop didn't happen till well over 100 kills. Others have told me they got it within 20 kills so it's just random.
     
    G3dd likes this.
  2. ghostmagicus

    ghostmagicus Forum Pro

    @Sunlight already told you that moods do not have acces to drop rate table, so i think there is no point to keep asking same question again and again.

    Anyone knows that drop is random, is like every time you kill a boss u play to a giant rulette hoping that the ball will stop on unique drop.

    As i told u before only BP (not moods) knows exact answer to your question, but this info is not public because i guess they want to change the odds as they please with no public notification.

    Still, odds are very good compared as it was before, a least in PW i took a lots of uniques in short time, and even now at this event i took some crap T7 sholders after max 5 runs, but , based on players and official info i didnt run the spider anymore because i thought they messed up odds to new moon event and i wait untill they fix it.
     
  3. G3dd

    G3dd Forum Apprentice

    Now i get it, maybe because my english is bad idk.So this is a game where you wait to get lucky thats it :) Thanks :)
     
  4. Sunlight

    Sunlight User

    Hey there heroes,

    Sorry for the late answer. I've been short on time lately :) You can't imagine the drop rate of work on my desk and e-mail :D

    That's it. Even when we ask for drop rate chances, we get no official answer. We don't really have access to the drop rates of any item.

    In the past, we were given the information about drop rate for Desert of Essences event, as stated HERE. That was in July 2015. Even if we asked for, that information was not given anymore. So, you should not have access to the drop rates.

    For now, you may have noticed that, with Release 214, there was a drop rate reduction for unique items, as stated and confirmed by an official announcement (that was sent by DSO Team, in Berlin).

    So, again, we can ask again for that information, but probably the answer will be the same.

    Cheers.
     
    G3dd likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

    _Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

    For all of it's faults (like "Cheating"), the old DSO bot did do one useful thing. It tracked all drops while the bot was running, even if the player was in control, and populated the data to an external site... It was probably the closest thing we'll ever get to knowing drop rates. Problem is, it's been years since that site was operational.

    Long story short, because BP removed all the "randomness" related to real world money (jesters, (un)lucky spheres), there is nothing left in the game that gaming laws say they must disclose rates on. Plus, releasing drop rates is a form of suicide in games because then you will have the neurotic players who will track their own drops and use their single player sample size to pass judgement. For example, if the "official" drop rate of the shoulders were 2%, the math says that, on average, 50% of people will have gotten the drop in 50 kills or less. Then, if neurotic player1 ends up doing 100 kills without getting the drop, they'll make say stupid things like "BP's changed the drop rate for my account," or "BP is lying about the drop rate," or "I did twice as many kills as I should have needed! Give it to me for free!" while totally ignoring how statistics work in real life.

    It is probably for the best that these drop rates are unknown and stay that way.
     
    TheHorseHunter likes this.
  6. G3dd

    G3dd Forum Apprentice

    Its happening now man,I feel like something wrong with my char and i dont have the same drop.
     
  7. heror

    heror Forum Baron

    what is happening didnt you read that i got the shoulders after 256 runs while some ppl got them in 10
    The fact is 'drop rate" is not guaranteed drop after x amount of runs its individual for each run, so ye adn since you expect smt as a drop your expectations affect you, and since you dont get the desired item it feels like there is a bug , but in reality its the hormones in our body that affect our"feeling" of droprate. Also it was confirmed the dropate after 214 patch is low EDIT
     
    Last edited by moderator: Jan 17, 2019
  8. ghostmagicus

    ghostmagicus Forum Pro

    Stay chill, most players experienced same feeling many times, especially when u want so bad an item. U will get it, just have some patience.

    GL.

    PS: i may recommend u a method, to ease your pain, curse in your mind (but not on forum because is not allowed) 66 times, anyone u want, definitely u will feel fresh and better. It worked for me o_O
     
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    heror and G3dd like this.
  9. 9ndrei

    9ndrei Forum Connoisseur

    Well, since you're so quick to pull the irony card, riddle me this. What exactly is your purpose? Besides chopping down posts like its 1938 (get that irony?) and giving people links to the Contact Us page as if we're not well versed in browsing the internet.

    Glorified link posters and blacking out text. :)
     
  10. Mal3ficent

    Mal3ficent Guest

    Contact support, they will explain what is my purpose ;)
    Please do not reply to this post.

    Cheers
     
  11. Mal3ficent

    Mal3ficent Guest

    But you had to do it your way.
    Have a nice vacation.

    Cheers
     
  12. _Baragain_

    _Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

    Here is an example from my game play. I accumulated 15k lockpicks before R214 (man, I miss the jesters :(), and I've since spent them all trying to get the green or blue gem crafting book. Meanwhile, I know people who got the book with spending 1k or less lockpicks. If they released the rates and I did the math that says that there is a 84% chance that I should have gotten one of the books after spending 15k lockpicks, it does not mean that I'm not in the unfortunate 16% that are necessary for statistics to be statistics. Instead of making ridiculous claims about my account being bugged, or how BP owes me the book, I simply gripe that I'm on the wrong side of this bell curve this time and I keep trying.
     
    Bitlaash and G3dd like this.
  13. couda22

    couda22 Exceptional Talent

    Or the drop rates are not a fixed value and multiple factors influences if an item drops or not.
     
  14. _Baragain_

    _Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

    Or, more likely, the drop rates are a fixed value, but different computer's handling of the PRNG and the seed used in the PRNG end up giving wildly different results from one player to the next.
     
    Rhysingstar likes this.
  15. Rhysingstar

    Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

    This sounds like a very likely scenario.

    If DSO did give the drop rate, the explanation would have to include the seed number(s) and that just isn't logical for a game to do.

    If they simply stated that the drop rate is 2% or whatever, that would not help anyone. Some players are lucky within the rng and some are not. Knowing the drop rate % isn't going to change who falls into that % and when.
     

Share This Page