Feedback Monster Hunt Event - Feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, May 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

No, I'm guessing they will not. Why would they? People are still paying for things they don't want/need. I'm not even disappointed at BP anymore, but I am disappointed with the players. My online time this weekend has decreased because of this event, even though it doesn't affect at all my normal playing.

stasis likes this.
  2. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I've played what time I can and I think I'm at 25 out of "impossible number". I think that DSO thinks that all thier customers don't have lives, or jobs, or family, or etc. I'll never buy the buffs, I can't spend 24/7, so I'll just get where I get and oh well.

As for the Full Moon, I'm finally strong enough to do it without essences (because silver doesn't give you damage bonus, so I don't count it as an "essence", it's an "enabler"). It takes me about 20-25 minutes to clear the map, it took around 1200 silver essences. So why in the world would anyone buy a five minute buff from Shady Jon for 1999 Silver essences. He's "shady" alright, a downright crook in my opinion.
    Now a reasonable price would be 2500 silver essences for a 1 hour silver buff. That would give you enough time to clear the map, clear the mine, and clear the map again and cost about as much in essence use.

3. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Easy event. Ran 4 toons, got 4 snake mounts just because I could. This event is NOT designed for the average player, especially F2P, to finish because that would be silly if EVERYONE could finish it. Am I stupid because I spent $25? Naw, $25 buys absolutely nothing in real life anymore so I bought 4 cartoon snakes that will one day be gone forever when DSO shuts this game down lol.

4. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

Event too bad.

120-140 progress in 1h it is too low (in Great Desert) and in parallel world I got 50-60 progress/h.
    In 20 lucky spheres opened I found ony draken and I don't like Snake mount so next time I'll ignore event like this.

5. Duivel60

Duivel60 Forum Greenhorn

play this game for long time' but i spend spend but get nothing good back for it'this event is bad

6. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

I collected some 700+ and was unable to proceed. The drop rate was low from the very beginning despite the map (and its level) or the free buff :( Got a couple of drakens (cool! I still need them), 1 costume (also cool), 2x temporary helpers and some dyes.
    This mini-event could have been a lovely addition to the daily farm, but once again BP failed with drop rate :( Yes I did occasionally have some 2x,10x stack but still it didn't help much with the progress bar.
    Either make it a bit longer, so those of players who cannot farm 24h could also have some fun with the event and the prizes, or make the event-progress drop more often. Not everyone can spend so many andermants for a short time buff :/

7. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

EVEN IF we all not have noticed that bug :
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/snake-mount-in-less-than-15mins.73702/#post-670746

After reading all of your quotes I'm asking :
    WE ALL have realized the fact that the new monster hunt event was created for heavy buyers.
    The game itself cannot survive without players money.
    So, Why should we be upset about that ?

OT : Personally I spent a good sunny weekend around my country. Surely none of you will care about it, as dev will not care about reading comments coming from those that did not even spend a € on it.

8. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

This can't be called an event because it has no drakens on the progress bar. :p Even tho you get mostly drakens from those spheres. :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't mind this type of buff-money-milking events as long as they were only for these kind of events with cosmetic/vanity items only, but for events with "worthy" rewards this system is way beyond mind-boggling.:confused:

xXxTroublexXx likes this.
  9. nightlounger1

nightlounger1 Forum Greenhorn

i absolutely agree!
    drops are poor and to complete its ridicilous amount of game time or buffs.

However;

whe can play every map whe like, do the things whe want to, and on top of that whe may get event progress.
    even if its 2-3 sphere's and couply dye's or more... its still free on top of our daily gaming.
    for me its just a extra bonus while doing the stuf i like
    so i say thank u BP :)

MikeyMetro likes this.
  10. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Mmmkay, here's my 2 pesos...

Let's set a basis first: the net price for all the lucky spheres in the progress bar, except the allies and the snake one, since those can't be purchased anywhere at the moment, is ~12.5k andermant.

With this in mind, let's assume you're an average player who can fast clear a painful PW map like stonekeep or grimmagstone, although this is NOT a must, since some top players were farming Spiky Valley or Great Desert. If you're capable of fast farm in any of those maps (difficulty doesn't matter), and if you buy +10 buffs only, you either need 0, 1 or 2, depending on how much time you want to invest on farming for the event, so, 0, 5 or 10k andermant.

Knowing all this, you can take it as purchasing a discount bundle of lucky spheres, if you chose to buy buffs at all, you get a guaranteed snake, a small amount of draken and maybe a costume, a pet or a pair of those, if you don't have a big collection to begin with, the event does have some value, a small one, but value nonetheless. And you're getting all the anders, loot, gems, etc., when farming for progress, so the expenses are reduced further.

If your sticker book is filled with the majority of the available stuff already, then it means you have to put in consideration how badly you want the snake mount, maybe for old players the value decreases indeed.

But all in all, this is not quite "pay to win", I'll get no extra damage, crit or anything from the snake, the dungeon costume or the 15% travel speed in town gloomy harpy, you're interested in expanding your collection?, this is for you, if not, just do your thing as usual and let it go.

Even without buying buffs, you'd still get a handful of lucky spheres by doing your regular farming sessions.

You're forgetting to consider the returns you get from events that use buffs, the Fennec one with the dusty chests had a similar mechanic, and the returns were way higher than the farmed ander I put into completing it, same for this monster hunt, check your particular case and decide upon it.

What I agree on, though, is that this event mechanics with buffs and the like, should ideally be reserved to mostly cosmetic rewards, if they'd done something like this for DDH, FM, NM or such, then I'd join the riot, but not with this one.:p

MikeyMetro likes this.
  11. awaroa

awaroa Advanced

my 2 new zealand dollar cents of logic - check the progress bar rewards an event snake epic mount i dont need it i have many epic mounts allready - costumes - emotes - short term allies not needed in the grand scheme of getting stronger - pets can be good check the stickerbook i have 2 harpys allready but if i get 3rd harpy i will get a 3% extra hp bonus on my pet, thats good and worth eventing for. So i need at least 283 progress to get the lucky sphere to get a harpy that i dont have. And thats what i did played the event to get the 283 progress and got a harpy i didnt have So for me the event was relaxed and rewarding 3% hp

You dont need to do the whole event for the sake of the event and no need to stress, set targets that result in making you stronger.

Novadude, MikeyMetro and EhtovK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.