new player

Discussion in 'Questions about Getting Started in the Game' started by Karaula82, May 13, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Karaula82

Karaula82 Forum Greenhorn

i cant start the game

2. ldso

ldso Advanced

Hello :) Could you elaborate on your issue? ^^

3. Drabis777

Drabis777 Forum Apprentice

If you're using the official DSO client, you should wait and let it download and install all the game files which is about 2.1 GB of data. You will get a message prompt saying that all files downloaded successfully and you can start the game. Cheers...

4. Monkeyxl

Monkeyxl Forum Greenhorn

I download client but still cant enter game

5. ABC

ABC Moderator Team Drakensang Online

Hi there, are you experiencing login issues or technical issues? :)

6. vasco69

vasco69 Forum Greenhorn

hello, I have the same problem the client does not launch, I reinstalled the client but it remains stuck halfway
    when I launch it, impossible to play for several weeks with my desktop PC
    the problem appeared suddenly, I don't know if it's a problem updating Win 10 or something else

7. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Come on guys. With so little technical details about the problem you encounter, don't be surprised if no one can help you.

I could you suggest to start with the basics:

1) restart computer to be sure you don't have any Drakensang process stuck in memory

2) empty the TEMP game folder (good idea to rename or backup it instead of just deleting it) https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/technical-faq.60420/#post-615321

3) uninstall and reinstall the client, try to launch it

If the client still fails, and no error message is produced, the reason could be literally *any*: further and deeper investigation would be required to help you.

Anyway, take in count the possibility to play using the browser (only Internet Explorer for Win10/11, any browser for Windows 7) as described here https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/java-script.87531/#post-796338

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024