Q&A Development Team Letter

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by DSO Production Team, Aug 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

I am not saying that the PWs must be end game, i said that it is counter intuitive that the scaling dungeons are end game, you go back to the normal maps basically

One would think the progression is normal maps- scaling dungeons- PWs

If you read, i said i wanted to improve the loot of both of them, making both of them end game maps
    That's why i suggested to put drop of cores even in the scaling normal dungeons and infernal frags too

So you do not destroy them
    Hell perhaps some types of resources can be put in the scaling dungeons, special resources only found in them

It's for diversification of the end game

Also, the game is endless repetition 'till you leave, it's the nature of farming, you can make it less tedious, but it'll be repetitive by design and you can't change that

2. heror

heror Forum Baron

Revert the EA changes to explode when hitting objects but for some mind retarded reason on PVP it explodes AGAIN without the need to hit anything remove it im not even being hit by it but dont worry you will still die cuz AOE 800 % dmg ......... and if you are near a wall in 1v1 rip cuz **** logic

Fix this q8 set nonsense fast. Players with 15 k dmg deal 20k per missle from q8 aka 60K with ONLY 15 dmg .....
    Again PVP seems broken as pre 200 only becase of your bugs.... just fix them already

3. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Nothing like a good hyperbole, right?

EA exploding on projectile max travel distance isnt a bug.

Also what is this ice misssile math?
    Mages with just damage (even if it's 15k) can't deal more than 9,75k on ZERO resistances target. Ofc damage will be increased by critical damage if ice missile crits. It's not like 20k damage per missile is the result of having just 15k damage and no crit/crit dmg, like hello??
    Mages with 15k damage hit 20,7k with fireball on ZERO resistances target.
    Also, hurr durr sigi set broke pvp!! - No it didnt, pvp is broken since late lv 45.

Also I'm praying that my feedback on sigi set gonna be sent (at least from my native lang forum team since Shaar Kharab's pergamin bug I submitted here is COMPLETLY ignored since 17th of APRIL, that's litterally 2 MONTHS without an answer) to the devs/designers and looked upon. Sigi set users should be treated equally as mages using other builds. Im fine with 30% damage as long as this set starts working on bosses otherwise buffing ice missile damage-wise (for sigi set users) is a reasonable solution (currently it's slightly overtuned though).

EDIT: Just a quick rant about sigi set injustice.

Ranger's torso bonus on bosses: Working
    Ranger's 2/2 bonus on bosses: Working
    Dragonknight's torso bonus on bosses: Working
    Dragonknight's 2/2 bonus on bosses: Working
    Steam Mechanicus's torso bonus on bosses: Working
    Steam Mechanicus's 2/2 bonus on bosses: **Working
    Spellweaver's torso bonus on bosses: Not working
    Spellweaver's 2/2 bonus on bosses: * **1/2 Working as intended

*Only main (first) ice missile is triggering effects (covering in frost/cooldown reduction of frost nova and frost wind) which is a bug.

**SW is punished with ice missile damage reduction - now it's just flat 10% but it will be 45% base damage less on EVERY MISSILE which is 60%!! overall reduction meanwhile SM's set is casually (almost, x2,8125) tripling turrets' damage so not only torso's bonus isn't working unlike ALL other classes but mages are further punished with ice missiles' damage reduction. How is that even considered fair?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. Kan_Krum

Kan_Krum Forum Greenhorn

It is. I want to see, when something hits me. Not to die just like that, couse i am 3-4 steps away from the arrow and i don't know if i will die or not?

5. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Yeah, sorry. I thought it was mentioned in the patchnotes (I was almost sure it was a bug but one of rangers from my guild told me it's not and it's intentional and so it changed my opinion).
    [​IMG]

6. heror

heror Forum Baron

Well as you know q8 for mages is bugged adn deals more than double dmg and in pvp even with 60 % resistancea a mage with low tier dragan weapon crited me 3 x 13k..... and thats without mastery dmg so he probably has 10- 13 k dmg max

sorry but its retarded for me to pplay vs a broken set cuz bugs.... and while we wait 3 WHOLE WEEKS the can easily exploit their broken Q8 and EA.

Yestarday defeating grand marchals , today getting oneshoted by a noob with q8........ greeeeeeeeat so fun, you know lets wait not 1 ,not 2 , but whole 3 WEEKS to get fixed......

7. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Boo hoo, it's not like arena is completly broken since at least 2 years (imo it's almost 3).
    Also, what do you mean by "just" 10-13k dmg, you know that wisdom isnt working on pvp? So 16k is prolly top-tier damage there.
    For me it doesnt matter if it's fireball or ice missile oneshotting me, it's still an oneshot.

At least sigi users are havin a great time on farm and God I hope and pray that devs will withdraw from that "stupid" fix or tweak sigi set so it's not a crap in comparison to other build paths.

8. heror

heror Forum Baron

are you joking 16 k top dmg ahahah im with 23k and i dont even have royals. I dont what nonsense do you speak of. Ye not make Sigri set " crap" ye so ppl who use dmg set are weaker cuz of the q8 spammers. I played this set adn it made me feel uterly like a bad pearson to go into arena and kill people without using skills , sorry but trash people should just idk leave or smt . \
    *notre: im to calling q8 users trash ppl but most of them are . and by the looks of the answer you gave me i dont know what else to think, so if you are will to , argument yourself

9. KubQn

KubQn Forum Apprentice

What the heck are you crying about now. I can't see a difference in a Q8 spam and Q7 Fireball spam it's all the same. If you got hitted by fireball you're one shotted. If you got hitted by ice bolt u're slowed and a bit later dead from another inc. Also It worked like this before Ice bolt dmg buff. Why? Because having 25k+ dmg with x5 crit dmg when all player's hp is around 40k is a bit too much. Even with 50% dmg spell you will be one shotted.
    If you want Q8 to be useless crap then I can go the same way and start crying that Q1 Robe gives too much mana and its too strong and I want to nerf it to +5 Mana.
    If q8 stays as it is now then Mage can actually choose between Karra set / grimmag robe / q8 set.
    It's not op compare to those two.

10. heror

heror Forum Baron

are you even reading what i wrote...... THE SET IS BUGGED

IF Q8 stays if you dont use it you are a retard... sorry but 3x 65% = 195% dmd NO COST so do you even need to use anything else ? Are all q8 useres so lazy to use their other skills that they just want to press 1 button and one hit ko everything.

Frozen sphere is 200% dmg without upgrade adn q8 is guess wwhat 195 without update...... i cant even at this point and ppl seriously say this is ballanced

Shiro likes this.
  11. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

@KubQn, bro... Do you undertand that it is bugged? It should not deal this much damage and maybe there is a reason behind it:
    Ice Missile is a support skill, not the main dmg one.

The difference, again, is that one is working as intended (Q7) and the other not (Q8).

But, it's fine for me, just leave it as it is, like Explosive Arrows that are exploding at the end of their path. You know what? Add even more mess in the arena.

heror likes this.
  12. Kan_Krum

Kan_Krum Forum Greenhorn

Again, it is a bug! Pls read good what stay there "if the arrow hits an static object lika a wall" sorry but i dont run with a wall around me!

"Arrow will explode shortly after hitting" - no hit, no dmg... BP FIX THIS BUG!!!

heror likes this.
  13. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

You are really having 23k damage on arena? Can you please then show me what weapon/helmet are you using? I have about 14k damage with 3x gold belt, 4x gold torso and 290% q7 weapon with 5x48 stones.
    It is considered a bug but in reality it's not. They were just lazy and hardcoded flat -10%. Sigi set should be adjusted to scale off of ice missile percentage and mustn't have a hardcoded damage on each missile. Like I said in my feedback about "sigi set bug" - ice missile damage buffs makes ZERO sense if they think that sigi set interaction with ice missile damage % is a bug.
    I actually said "sorry" and I agreed it's a bug, what else do you want?
    Sphere is 200% without 5 pts talent.
    Ice missile is 1x75% without set.

Why do you even compare set to a talent in experience tree? Also, you're comparing skill with a 2/2 set bonus to a non-upgraded skill. What kind of comparison is this?

We understand that sigi set IS INDEED overtuned but not by a longshot. Like I said before. Almost nothing from sigi set is working on bosses and only in SW's case. All other 2/2 set bonuses and torso bonuses are working on both farm and bosses. This MUST be addressed asap cause it's unfair.

I told you many times but I'm gonna repeat myself:

- If torso bonus isn't working on bosses ice missile damage should never be as low as 30% since every other no-cost projectile (chain lightning, magic missile) would be superior even for a8 users which is stupid if you think about this. Sigi set is all about ice missile and its users should use ice missile - that's what their build path is about.
    - If torso bonus will work on bosses 30% per missile is enough as it is.

It's that easy.

Kan_Krum likes this.
  14. KubQn

KubQn Forum Apprentice

No, I don't understand it. It should stay as it is and that 'bug' should be description nothing more.
    I can't see it being so OP right now but as good as others sets.

Yea 200% w/o upgrade and Q8 195% but you know... IT DOES NEED SET. END GAME SET.
    Sphere is actually 60% Base DMG + 350% Explosion DMG = 410% in compare to 195%, because frozen effect doesn't work on bosses anyway.
    So there is point in not spamming missles only.
    You want it to be 90% DMG with a SET? Dont make me laugh. Then it will be okay that magic missle costs 0 aswell as deal 116% + give 5 mana + DOESN'T NEED AN END GAME SET?
    By using Q8 set you give out the 22% max dmg + 5% global dmg + 11% as by being not able to use karra set.

.RakshaRanja. likes this.
  15. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Finally someone noticing that an endgame set should offer something more than 90% damage and no mana regen / mana cost reduction while having less damage than on other builds (you can have 11% attack speed if you're using witch seeker's strap and pauldrons).

16. heror

heror Forum Baron

yoou are also brain damaged and cant read right ?

"offer something more than 90% damage and no mana regen / mana cost reduction"

NO COST REDUCTION ? ? ? ? ? do you even know what are you using.
    END GAME SET ?? - This is a mob farming tool . If you want to make a build specifically good for farming maps . like the scaling dungeons its perfect. I dont know what do you even want

"Then it will be okay that magic missle costs 0 aswell as deal 116% + give 5 mana + DOESN'T NEED AN END GAME SET? "
    But itneeds an ugrade that increases its dmg by 40 % and its base dmg is 80 IMO

boTH of you dont even know what you are talking. And look that only you two that are q8 users want this buff , and for everybody else its disgusting.
    In other words since it affects both of you and makes you broken , you like , so others must feel bad for not using this set ???? think abot this.

Last thing: Magic missle deals physical dmg and ALL bosses have increased armor but some dont have increased cold resistace. Do some research before spamming in this thread

17. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Does it offer mana cost reduction on bosses ? No it doesnt.
    If it's not an endgame set then what are parallel worlds since you're unlocking them at 50 (not adjusted to 55 expansion) and most of endgame players are farming there, collecting materi, doing rankings, etc. So, a7 set isnt endgame set either by your definition, right? And Im the one whom is brain damaged? Cmon.

And what is it proving? That you have to use your experience tree talents to buff it? So do you while using a8 set, like hello? And unlike magic missile talents, ice missile taletns (2,5) are useless on bosses and (3) is bugged. Thanks for helping me in proving my point.

Oh so we're casually gonna ignore the fact that that we're dealing lower damage on three other bosses (heredur, sigris and mortis)? You seem to be very picky about your facts mate.
    Also, magic missile is dealing reduced damage on all bosses, that's true, but a8 users are dealing even less damage since resistances of bosses (heredur, sigris and mortis) are increased by 200% unlike armor that's just 50% and so not only a8 users gonna deal less base damage (116% to 90%) they also won't have mana regen nor mana cost reduction AND they have less damage (22% max damage from 3/4 witch seeker's and 5% damage from tenebrous deco) and also lose 10% crit from 2/4 of twin queen's (if you're using frigid cloak). Yeah seems overpowered.

You seem to be the one that feel bad for not using it since you keep thalking that even with 3x30% this set is still super great in comparison to other builds. So let's talk different way.

Why did YOU picked other build path than sigi set since it's so op and useful even with 3x30% and lower characters stats?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  18. heror

heror Forum Baron

I used it and i got bored of it.....
    Ye but you have some bosses which you can farm really fast , while the , missle is no super effective agains anyone.
    I dont use retarded 3/4 karabossa set with 22% dmg since its max dmg only.
    Also if the q8 procs on bosses the 90% dmg will be incr by the 2 points talent by 25 % so 90 x25= 111% dmg and since to make the 2nd update proc on bosses that means the torso bonus will activate aka spam speels for days because f logic.
    Why people who are making mages with high mana to use much more skills should be uinferiof to q8 spammers.
    You can just click one magic missle and your spell already costs with 18 less . my spells cost like 43 so imagine with - 18 ..... they will be like 25.... and thats balanced ? ok,, i mean you really dont look around you and only want to look and your q8 and spamm it for days .

If you want the set to work on bosses and get insane mana cost reduction then the dmg of the missles should go down to 20% and not 30 to compensate the fact that you will be spamming ice spheres and thunders for days. If you say the oposite then you really dont admit the fact how op it will be .

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  19. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

So it should deal 30% of 65% dmg? It is even less than how it is intendes to work.

Then, I believe that Durian set should be an endgame set, so I want BP to buff it. It's not fair for me, because Durian set, that I believe is endgame, is weaker than PW / event sets. If I use it, I loose dragan bonus and q7 set (gloves and bow) so I need it to give sone bonus like -80% concentration cost to skills and maybe one like +40% damage with1H weapons... Is it a problem for you?

It's nearly the %dmg of Smash (without talent)... You really think it is good to let people use a set that deals nearly the same dmg as the main DK skill, is ranged, is mana-free, slows and is bugged?
    Back in the days, where you ok with dwarf's essence bug on turrets? I don't think so...

C'mom man, can't you even be fair on a game?

20. KubQn

KubQn Forum Apprentice

That discussion is useless and doesn't have any sense. One will agree with me 2nd will disagree. So there are my last words in this thread:

1. I will leave it to BP. They are able to make end game chars with every stats the same but one having Q8 and other Karra set.

2. Dear @heror our pro player because I can't stand your hypocrisy.
    If Q8 is 112% dmg and does trigger effects it is too strong and a must be set.
    If Q8 is 195% dmg it is again too strong and must be set.
    BUT
    If Q8 is 90% dmg with no mana refunds that mean weaker than magic missle w/o any set it is perfectly balanced.

Map clear? With that 112% dmg? With that new sphere upgrade? I barely cast something else than sphere on a map farm.

Also when I was telling that BP forced me to change into Q7 set from Q4 you said: who forced me to do that?
    Well I want to be as strong as I can, so I play that what is the strongest. But according to you
    if Q8 set right now is such a must be as Q7 also if effect would work on bosses you say it would be must again, but... who force you do to that? You have others sets. But you're telling that you would be forced to switch into it.

Delete then your response when I was talking about me switching into Q7. Where I actually switched into it and you're too scary of crafting anything more so you're scary of changes.

As I could stay with Q4 which is completely trash since the only thing it offers is free 599 crit (thunder + q4 is weaker than sphere + nothing).
    You won't believe I choosed free 150% DMG. Only idiot would not.

Q4 has been destroyed. Why does Q8 the weakest of all meta sets before R209 must be even worse than it was before R209 since sphere + magic missle + single ice bolt buff = nerf q8?

3. I want simple solution:
    DMG stay as it is or if they test it out with their test chars and if it is too strong nerf to be equal to karra set and vice versa if is weaker. Why karra set? Look up where I was talking about Q7 Set (expect SM who's Q8 is broken af, but there are no complains.)
    or
    Effect does work on bosses.

If whole set is about ice bolts then let me use them. It was my always favourite set which I wasn't able to run since (look Q7 again). As well as I liked Q4>Q7, but (look Q7 again).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.