Feedback Release 149

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, May 7, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Make a person that delete a char not able to get earned anderment on the new toon til the next day. That will defeat the exploit. If the toon is deleted so is the anderment earned.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Sounds fair enough.

3. Erilune

Erilune Forum Apprentice

Too bad this video ad is not available in my country :(

4. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

It's not an exploit if it works as intended. ;) I have all my char slots full with lvl20+ so I'm not going to delete any of them to get 400 - 1000 ander. Yes, I think that's about right. Wild stories here about 4k - 10k, though.

5. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

the only problem I am having is that I find I have to reload client, time and again, even though I had loaded it on to its full capacity. In actual fact it is tedious to have to repeat this more than once a day.:confused::(

Lag has become a problem in Dungeons and pvp.:eek:

Thank You so much for fixing the Female Gender *Achievements* :)

Roll on lvl 50 or something more entertaining than what we have at the moment. It is very boring and non inspiring to play. Many friends have stopped playing. :rolleyes:

DocWhisky and draco994 like this.
  6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'll prove this to you. The mods deleted BoD's post for explaining the exploit. If I'm right, this post will not be deleted because it isn't the exploit because, as you said, it is functioning as intended.

This is not the exploit, simply an easy way to earn some andermant.
    Create a new character.
    Do all the quests until you reach LVL 10.
    Do the first two PvP quests for andemant.
    Those quests will be worth 460. That means that you will earn about 600-1000 andermant for two hours of work.
    For an endgame character, this isn't to significant as you can earn that much plus glyphs and gold by farming Map2, but for a F2P who only has lower level characters, this is probably the fastest and easiest way to make some fast and easy andermant.

Now, if this is an exploit, let the mods strike me down with a ban from on high... If they don't then simply accept that the real exploit is indeed 4k-10k an hour.

draco994 likes this.
  7. Blindsenses

Blindsenses Forum Apprentice

The actual exploit..it's not an exploit aswell because...think about it... you don't use any third party, there is no boss, mob or any other thing that malfunctions but only regular things that the game is supposed to offer. Basically, you could have done it the same before, but you would have been losing 200 Ander each time you deleted a character. Now that was the DEVS choice to take out the 200 ander cost of deleting a character, not mine, not yours. And sincerely, it would be hipocrisy to BAN even a single person on this because: 1. They did it with their own hands and it's rather a shortcut than an exploit. 2. Whenever you loose an item, have a bug on your character, connection errors, item glyphs bug, etc....well, they say that you could not be verified personally..it is either global, either you cannot be helped...so...enough about an exploit that is actually no exploit.

8. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

Release 149 - alright, always something fixing bugs..

The "shortcut" problem.

I get you Baragain and your infomation is sure useful or is it??
    - I mean the devs are most likely fixing it at some point, but why even care anymore?? I have yelled as crazy back then about the Dragan set bug etc, but for what!? Come on. The devs don't take the game themselves serious, is just money stacking that is in their focus. (Till They Proven Different).

Go back to the thread with the liar RickTalrok introducing himself, find the post where he said something alike "I Ban Heavy Bug-Abusers too" - Now tell me, have you seen this?? Exactly.

Why should they react like with the botters? Not like the major community asks for this, like we did back then, but I also have the feeling it all comes down to THE COMMUNITY. Because at least 50%+ players cheats in DSO. From all to - multi-accounts, cheating with country (saving money on in-game currency), bug-abusing, botters. You mention it. Yes that includes the phoenix as well, but Bigpoint getting more registered accounts out from this to promote their game as bigger then it is, nothing will ofc happen to them. 50%+ is a huge number to throw out, but I have no doubts. Give me access to the things and I would clear this game up for all you cheaters out there. Best cheating MMORPG with 3d view is the true advertising of this game.

The devs don't care about this!

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    moby31 likes this.
  9. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

@Blindsenses
    Do not tempt me.
    Possible exploits can be and should be reported only through support.

Any further chit-chat will be removed.
    Stay on topic.

Trailboss1 likes this.
  10. coastalnomad

coastalnomad Forum Greenhorn

mmmm have to admit was anything really changed, the cinema was here before but you got rid of it because players was watching videos and having free andermants, how long before you take this away again lol

11. maancrust

maancrust Junior Expert

Lots of lag again aftr this release, in pve and pvp.

12. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

I got the opposite. This release fixed my lag and the invisible characters in PVP bug from the last update.

Trailboss1 and BigPapa like this.
  13. I know that you have no reason to believe me due to your obvious distrust for anyone affiliated with BigPoint in any way, shape, or form, but I can confirm that several people did indeed have their accounts permanently banned for exploiting this bug. For example, the biggest exploiter on one server created 2667 new characters in an effort to make easy andermant from this the bug.

There were many others, and none of them will get their accounts back. The same way the Bot users were banned and no amount of complaining, threatening, or crying got their accounts back, these people also face the zero tolerance policy for their actions. They are welcome to create a new account and play fair, but their old characters are gone for good.

This also doesn't even count the people who might have mildly exploited the bug out of curiosity and accidentally deleted one of their primary characters. They will not receive those characters back due to their mistake having occurred while abusing an exploit.

Some of the other things you mention are much more difficult to detect, prove, or control, but when there is a true exploit that can be detected through statistical analysis, not just personal perception (innocent till proven guilty), the developers will always take it seriously and act on it.

That being said, if you have incontrovertible proof of someone exploiting some aspect of this game, you are welcome to contact support so they can investigate.

14. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Creating a new account after you have been banned also violates TOS unless you get written permission.
    From TOS:
    4) If Bigpoint disables your account for a Game, you will not create another one for that same Game without our written permission.

Is your post written permission? Or, are these people gone for good?

DocWhisky likes this.
  15. draco994

draco994 Active Author

Those words are more compatible and appropriate as a forum moderator which is what expected than many others. he has well explained politely how and why u should not do things, rather than threatening words ...

Trailboss1 likes this.
  16. .DanielSang.

.DanielSang. Forum Greenhorn

There is no such thing as gone for good. People who got banned for botting created new accounts or bought existing ones (I guess using a different email) and play again. It's not like you give your name and address or anything... By the way, I've read many of your posts and you seem to enjoy a good laugh, so consider this: They still get periodic mail from BP to their email address registered to the banned account saying -not sure of that's the actual phrasing- "Dracania needs you! Come back or at least tell us why you left" ... !!!! hahahaah

Kiwigal1244, draco994 and BigPapa like this.
  17. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Regarding the recent hotfix for the release discussed in this thread: another GB for just one fix of some seemingly minor issue ("an undesired problem with the Friend-Invitation system that has been abused and exploited", in teddy.bear's words)? Really? OK, maybe it's not that minor given it took a hotfix, and I see the exploit itself cannot be detailed on the forums... but did it really need to be 1129.1 MB?

draco994 likes this.
  18. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

OK folks, the matter is clear, focus on release 149.

Keep it on topic.

19. I am following the lead of @RickTalrock in how the Bot Ban was handled.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  20. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Roger that, sorry my post ended up looking more like a finger point than was intended. I play on Tegan server which would point to the fact that I'd rather play with 200 awesome people than 2000 cheating _____ (fill in the blank as you see fit)

Kiwigal1244 and draco994 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.