Feedback Release 158

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Nov 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

Thanks for the info @trakilaki .
    There were lot of confusion regarding Post update map 2. This clears them all.

trakilaki likes this.
  2. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

thanks Traki,

Perhaps they will do something about that) or maybe not. 2k coins would be 10k if they compensate, and that is 8 additional slots in the inventory.

and this one is very sad.

misterbean and trakilaki like this.
  3. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

I wonder what will happen to the existing RoLs & RoDs. Will they be replaced with their new versions, or just removed with/without compensation? Because if they'd just go away, I'd surely like to melt/sell mine.

Also, where's that extra essence-slot we've been promised for quite a while now? I don't remember seeing it in R158's patchnotes.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

i don't see why you're going to lose your old rings - plus I don't think there is any change in those rings

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

The problem with the new RoL and new RoD is that they are random drops from Bearach and Mortis, meaning that it much more luck oriented than when it was quest based.

draco994 and Durian-might like this.
  6. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

It's just a little more run-a-way inflation, nothing to be worried about. Your $5 in savings is suddenly worth only $1 in spending power, but you can still spend it, right? 200 hundred entries becomes 40 entries.
    No loss there! :eek:
    Change is good! :eek::eek:
    Too bad not everyone does 5 bosses in 1 run. :eek::eek::eek:

Those coins were just taking up space in your inventory anyway. Better spend them before they are completely worthless. :p

( Some players like to farm Mortis consecutively, with good team-mates, sometimes hours of just Mortis' runs. Thanks for dumping on us.
    Please make sure Mortis coins stack to 100,000.)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  7. Morinphen

Well, I meant this:
    Basically, the new versions of the RoD & the RoL are obtained from those bosses mentioned above, and I was wondering what would happen to them since the names and stats are arguably the same, but the images are different.

8. Durrendal

Durrendal Padavan

So, they really are removing the RoL and RoD quests and making them random drops.

Also, not to mention the RoL drop would be from the 5th or 6th boss, which would be unlocked after 5th or 6th PW mission?

9. Morinphen

RoL would drop from PW Bearach, the 4th boss. RoD would drop from Mortis, now the 6th PW boss.
    ?
    "Cloaked Wrath / Predator / Starlight / Avenger and Justice / Beast / Riddle / Mechanicum
    • Items are scaling and have slightly random values now
    • Values are also improved
    • They can be found from every Parallel World boss
    • Pre-158 items stay untouched"

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I have a few major concerns regarding the new PW after R158.

1. ATM on TS the entrance to "Splintered City of Cardhun" is bugged.
    The R158 Patchnotes state that:
    ......... so they cover three conditions in order to enter the new urban area.
    Condition 1. your character has reached level 50 and Ammon will call you
    Condition 2. if your character has had PW unlocked prior to R158
    Condition 3. If you have level 50 character ... your other characters on the same account ... will be granted access to the new urban area IF they are at least level 10.

And what about the characters that are already level 50 (before R158) ... and never went to Watery Grave?
    They are level 50 ... they are the only level 50 characters on that account ... and they can't enter The Bugged City of Cardhun ... because this is clearly a designer's oversight.
    Is it just a theory? No it is not ... i have a friend with level 50 ranger on TS and he can't enter there because he never went to Watery Grave before R158.
    The entrance from Jarlshofn has been removed ... so the only way to enter there is by travel stone.

2. Every PW map is "Doorless" .
    For an example when you enter Q1 ... once you are inside the m1 there is no portal to go back to the city nor to go to the m2. Once you enter the m1 you receive an quest automatically ... and you should follow the quest line in order to enter the m2. When you finish the quest a portal to m2 is opening. And I am not talking about the main quest ... I am talking about the RE quest that you need to solve every time you enter the first map in any PW. When you enter the m2 ... there is no way back to m1 and there is no portal to the main boss (all bosses are in separate maps) ... so you need to follow the quest line again in order to open the portal to the main boss' map.
    That means no more map skipping anymore ... you need to clear almost the entire map in order to access the next one.
    That also means ... no more boss farming unless you clear all the previous maps.
    This is the dumbest feature that this game ever had ... and I wonder what the devs want to achieve.
    They want the players to spend more andermants? Why? Because if a F2P (no premium no andermant to spend) plays with group and they are playing inside the m2 or boss map ... and he/she dies ... if he/she go back to the city ... he/she can't get to the same location anymore unless clears the maps again (the quest is canceling when going back to the city).
    That is BS!
    BP where do you get your crew from? Monastery maybe?

VMmage, draco994, MANOJ and 6 others like this.
  11. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

I knew something was fishy here, it was too good to be true, I just knew it !
    I'm basing my writing on this quote only as I dont play test server. I wouldn't mind such mechanic if Mortis is dropping frequent legendary and maybe 1/~50-70 a unique items. But if the bosses are droping a legendary 1/~50 and no unique after hundred of runs, then indeed, this system is a by-product of some very complex idea that BP came up with.
    The first lesson every programmer learns is that "If the code is ugly, it's ugly. End of story !". This stands true for mathematical formulas too, complex things simply dont work.

And about these dichotomies that BP implement...why the heck would they even bother to implement such nonsense. Just keep it simple damn it...

Durian-might likes this.
  12. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

It certainly is a possibility that designers and programmers are out of touch with players.
    And there are plenty of examples were amateur attempts fell short of quality entertainment.

There also have a number of times where things went very well, and the game made progress.
    Trouble is, pain over-rides pleasure as a motivator; the troubles get more attention than what works right.

I think BigPoint has enough staffing to start a project, but never enough to finish it on time. So they go with what they have.
    "Never enough time to do it right, always enough time to do it over." (Some times there is not even enough time to do it over.)
    That's a management problem that flows downhill to the supervisors, with the minions at the bottom taking the heat.
    If that is not the case, BigPoint can set the record straight.

It all makes sense to me, now that i think of BigPoint as more like a 3rd World County, rather than an efficient leader in world gaming.
    Less expectation, less disappointment.

IMHO

13. Morinphen

But, realistically speaking, I doubt there are very many live accounts that never went to PWs but got to lv50. I mean it's rather unlikely, not impossible... but a bug nevertheless. As for the rest, it does indeed seem like a huge pile of bull-manure.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  14. fuzball15

fuzball15 Someday Author

tx for the info very retarded i must say to set up pw this way what going to happen is people are not going to group and it will be soloing through the quests 1-6 as if they got no ander and are free to play they will drop out of groups. this gota change and we will see for real tommorow thanks again

15. marhun

marhun Junior Expert

Oh dear i cant help to be negative, please making us go all the way back to grimmage PW.... some of them PW were difficult and simply not worth the loot and the cost of ander revives was well beyond the joke. Like bloodneo suggested to take away a fast farming methods like HOD is just crazy thinking. My thinking is... that is hod is the benchmark (where the majority of people like to farm) then in order for you to entice people to farm other maps give incentives, like more gem drops, high ander drops, certain unique only from certain maps. Please developers think progressively, give people MORE options rather than taking us back to the start for the grind to begin again.
    Personally it took me 2 years to finish POS, never anyone wanting to do it and it was so difficult that you could not solo and fragment drops were more rare the Mortis's riddle. I am affraid many will stop after this..... remember MORE not redo

draco994 likes this.
  16. draco994

draco994 Active Author

After the updates given by @Trikilaki and darrwen, i think the map pw is going to be a night mare and farming anders, glyphs for free to play will be like hell of a tough and premium guys may avoid them as they cant respawn and come back easily. it is stupidity to spend on stones every farming time. so u free guys will be untouchable in the near future and if not spend on ur damage or defense, then it will be much more earlier.

17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Ahhhh ... BP at their cheapest again.
    "to avoid any complications" ... what complications? There were no complications on TS where the old fragments were proportionally replaced with the new fragments.
    And when you decided to just erase them without replacement? 5 minutes ago?
    Because the Patchnotes said otherwise.
    I want the fragment compensation NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

18. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

I have lost all my frags as well. Was on the last boring POS quest and had almost farmed all the fragments.
    Had all the powerful and mighty frags and was farming the minor ones(285).
    Also was working on grimmagstone trying to get a Ring of Life for my collection before they removed it. Wasn't able to complete but was hopeful of getting back frags I had farmed at least.
    Had stopped working on both quests reading that all the old fragments will be compensated with new materi fragments.

Now all I have is 6 empty inventory spaces :(
    I don't mind the grimmagstone frags as they were easy farming, but can't lose POS fragments after farming those boring worthless maps for 3 months or even more :mad:

Kaimooks and Durian-might like this.
  19. IceJ

IceJ Forum Apprentice

Yep. Mine were all gone also. Then the CS agent sent me an email essentially telling me what I already knew, and my response was, yeah, so where the hell are they?

[content removed]

20. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

@IceJ Support tickets and conversations are private and confidential, do not post them publicly.

Cheers.