Feedback Release 163

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Apr 4, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

release_163_dro_facebook.png

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Release 163.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I like the gop removal feature. Only problem is, I was hoping this feature would be implemented like 5 months ago. I already melted all my old items.

I also like the sound of the changes being made to 6v6. Only thing is, you'd have more luck finding items with perfect max stats than you would finding a 6v6 match on Tegan for most of the day. Maybe if we had a pvp event so there's actually pvp on this server, I'd actually see what the changes look like.

Colouring the item stats will be handy. Now I will know exactly the level of "crap" I am wearing. :D

Honestly, this patch overall seems to be a lot of either superficial or backend changes that only provide a "meh" for the level of interest it gets out of me. It is decidedly lacking in truly interesting new content.

3. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

lots of cosmetic changes once again and very little content or bug fixing

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

15 bug fixes is your idea of very little bug fixing? Some of those had been bugging me a lot too (Like the DK following and failing to attack bug or the PW bosses bugs).

And "very little content"? They've improved chests so that you are getting more stuff for the same cost in a very rare move that helps the players at no additional benefit to their bottom line. They've implemented Glyph removal which has been highly requested over the past year+. Or adding back in the merchant uniques in Andrakash... lots of people wanted the 30% crit gloves and now they can. Or a measure to make 6v6 a little more fair... That has been sorely needed as being on the blue team in the past was almost always a loss. At this time, I have nothing negative to say about this release as a whole, at least until we see what new bugs this release brings.

Armando and draco994 like this.
  5. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

I like the Glyph Removal feature and Legendary chests ( contain at least two Legendary items). Time to save keys:)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  6. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

glyph removal, yes. great feature that has been in the pipeline for almost a year and finally here.
    regarding bugs, I couldn't care less whether wings have shadows or not, or if deluxe membership is fixed. what I care about is when I click on an enemy to hit melee, I just run on the spot continually and all the other bugs that affect gameplay not just some visual aspect of the game. 6v6 more fair? that is irrelevant until pvp is fixed as a whole as I will certainly not see that.

dragonknight I don't play so cant comment on that, but if it is beneficial then all good. these 3 weekly cycles were meant so that we would see more content, not just more visuals.

and changing loot lists of a chest doesn't really count as content to me. to me that would indicate someone, not even a developer, changing a list somewhere, not worthy of 3 weeks of development.

anyway, that was just my opinion

7. bigcrack

bigcrack Forum Greenhorn

Quoting the changes in 6v6:
    "If you are attacking, you will need to destroy the Tier 1 towers of the map (the ones that are closest to the starting point of your team) before the rest of the tiers become available for you to destroy. Only when you have destroyed all tiers of towers in at least one lane you are able to attack the bridge control."

Too bad Big Point had totally forgotten the upper-half of the map.
    Just after taking down the bridge control, the attacking team can rush to the defender's base and ignore all other towers.

8. ehrence8191

ehrence8191 Forum Apprentice

The GOP removal feature is great, especially with the incoming crafting 2.0 (which I hope is soon). The new look and feature of the chest is great, atleast for 100 lock picks it gives me a good amount of legendary (which gives crap stats btw, good for melting though). Cardhun has gotten wider especially near the crafting bench which is also a plus to me. The pvp quest 'road to fame' is working right now which is good.

It would be great if you put the blacksmith in Cardhun against a wall like other npc. Its hard to click it when players are gathered around it. There's also a bug in the locker, its varies actually, sometimes it goes backward, sometimes the slots are far apart like you need a scroll bar or something. And again in every new update the server (Tegan, I don't know with the others) is lagging very badly and for a small server it raises questions.

I thought with r163 issues like error 23 that's been going on in Tegan would be one of the priority that would be tackled. Well it isn't, so I wanted to know of any updates, although it doesn't happen often as of late, but there are days when it just strikes you. Any information as to why its still happening, steps you've done... stuff like those would be great.

9. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The removal of glyphs is nice, long overdue, but nice.
    The chest thing is ok I guess, more visual than substance, but can't really expect more than one good thing per release can we?
    The locker bug was a nice touch, thanks for adding that.

Sadly I still get too many error 23 messages to play for any length of time on Tegan, but my Agathon character is getting some much needed time. Since DSO cannot or will not fix it, just move us all to Agathon and get it over with.

Troneck86 likes this.
  10. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

This release seems pretty sound! While it doesn't satisfy all our requests at once, I do like this steady trend of "at least one major feature we asked for" each month. Hope it continues for months to come! :)
    • Glyph removal: Long overdue, but glad it's here! It's certainly a relief for us who stubbornly kept our cloaks/boots/whatever in spite of the naysayers who melted everything. Seems intuitive (just like melting) and the costs are reasonable (not free, but ~1 gold for ~1 million GOP isn't much of a burden even if you regularly switch gear). My only question is if the new Blacksmith menu (5 options) might be too overwhelming for new players, but I'm sure it's not hard to get used to.
      • PS: Oh, the slightly shifted Blacksmith location in Cardhun was a tad annoying at first, but understandable in the cases of huge crowds.
    • Colored enchantments and new chests: Sweet! Didn't see people asking for this much, but the new chest designs rock, especially the legendary one. Colored high enchantments are nice to have, but a bit discouraging when you don't see much of them on your current gear. Still, it's probably motivation to do more farming.
      • PS: On the topic of visuals, the new "shockwave" when entering town sure gives a dramatic entrance. Can this be viewable to all so we always see a shockwave when someone comes to town? Doesn't make much sense if it's a dramatic entrance for a party of one.
    • Frost cracks on the ground: Weird in PvP but okay.
    • Vendor changes: I hope (and sincerely ask that) this doesn't become a regular priority. I can't imagine anyone who would purchase white or blue items from the vendors, so there's really no need for the team to bother themselves with vendor work for a while (unless there's a dire bug where vendors become sentient).
    • Bug fixes: Always good.

SGK|GaminG|HD2000 likes this.
  11. SGK|GaminG|HD2000

SGK|GaminG|HD2000 Active Author

All rounded, this is really very good. but i think this release looks very small since now you do only one release a month.
    the glyph removal feature is very good. finally you have done a feature perfectly as u promised.

Questions:
    1. where is inventory inspection?
    2. you said about a in-game walk through on your April fool prank. but when will you show any updates on the class?
    I'm just curious to know that.

Sorry if this looks much rude. ;)

12. Stelkon

Stelkon Forum Greenhorn

Do we really have to have the Premium Membership deal button onscreen in PvP Arenas, ? Cos there's nothing more that interests me half way through a battle than the promise of Deluxe Membership (Receive the HarpyPet and Dragon Wings), but OH NO this is the gift that keeps on giving, you might still have a chance to close that screen and save your character from another static headshot kill but hallelujah salvation is at hand, there are still another 3 Screens of Ads to shut down!!!!

This is a stroke of marketing genius over ruining gameplay, for everyone, all your team suffers especially if this happens when it gets tight at the end.

Disabling all pop up screens in PvP would be really helpful, the screen is cluttered enough, nobody is buying anything in PvP (...and don't get me statrted on the OVERSIZED countdown clock hogging up space for top right corner shots!!)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Μorfeas, Troneck86 and NoelaniAlthea like this.