Feedback Release 165

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, May 18, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

release_165_dro_forum.png

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Release 165.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

voldemortdso likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

One feature announced with splendor and pomp ... yet it is bugged (facepalm)
    [​IMG]

- As shown in the screenshot I can't put my health potions in my "right mouse key" it is always resetting with every map change
    - even if i don't reset the map i still cant use them
    - in fact you can't use them anywhere in the skill bar 1-0 , right or left mouse key
    - I am only able to use them within the quick HP slot ... which I won't ... I wan't them placed wherever I want. if i am using health potion that means i am pretty much low with HP ... and I don't wan't to spend andermant for respawning because i pushed another key together with "H" and another window opened during a fight.
    - Mount slot is showing 1 ... question : How many mounts are we able to use in same time in that slot?
    If I empty the slot and place the mount again there will be no "1" displayed ... however ... if you change the map it is all the same again.

Lets be real ... these animations are being added with one goal.
    Nope ... it is not the game visuals and overall game experience improvement for the new players and applying stupid cosmetics to be competitive on the market. The goal is to prevent players from fast farming.
    Wait until you see the Great Sigrismarr ... from the moment the animation is triggering till the start of the fight ... you can go and play Mortis III ... twice ... and come back only to see that Sigrismarr is still polishing his shoes and preparing for fight.
    Where did you see one animation duration to last 10 times longer than the fight? o_O

PS- 1 day before this release is at live servers. (note to myself)

3. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The addition of the hp slot and skill potion seem like a good thing, although I am getting some form of bug on the hp. It randomly shows 1 pot instead of what I have. I'm actually scared to use it, because I may lose all my pots if this isn't some visual bug.

Haven't used the skill potion slot, so I don't know if it works or not.

The Sigris animation as Trak said seems to be designed only to slow down farming.

Kind of sad that the locker bug didn't get fixed.

Overall it seems like this release was rushed onto the live servers simply because.

Morinphen likes this.
  4. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

It has been already reported.
    They will work on fix and make sure potions cannot be assigned to the skill bar.

Cheers.

5. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

Since you made the potion slots on top of the HP and Mana circle it kinda strains the eyes while watching the HP for example on tanking.
    I suggest in some future releases to show a number (percentage) in the middle of the HP or Mana circle that shows how much of HP or Mana you have... 100% 50% 20% etc

Morinphen likes this.
  6. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

R164 was fast and bugged... R165 is fast and bugged. Way to go!

#1 Bearach pet has some very annoying sounds to it. Thanks... just got it and replaced my old pet and now I have to deal with this stupid thing. It's like last time they fiddled with sounds and we ended up with nerve-racking clanking from the Diligent Gnome...

#2 That issue with the potions and mount saying "1".

#3 So where exactly are those new, shiny, useless golden wings, eh?

#4 Yeah, we totally needed the new Atlantis weapons... so innovative, great and reasonably-priced for what they're worth.

#5 Boss animations are cool... but as already voiced, kind of a waste of time and slowing of farming.

#6 Compendium shows correct numbers now; however, I have one query: first two Lor'Tac chapters indicate that I'm missing one or two quests, though there are none non-completed ones to be found. Where, what, huh? If it's some new, minor stuff they added (like the ones over at Slifmoor/Liar's Lair/Prison of Souls) added to some NPCs they forgot move places as the questline advances, then good job yet again... only a guess, but if it is so, then how the heck are we supposed to find and do them? Any info on this would be very much appreciated.

Couldn't agree more. Loads of bull... as if 164 wasn't short-lived and flawed enough...
    As Trak said, maybe I do wanna use it in my skill-bar. Why would they make it so that we have to use the quick-slot? Sure, it's a nice addon... but it was already a fast enough slot for me in the skill bar... plus, I'm very used to striking the respective button in an emergency... so now I have to forcefully adapt to a different key just because it's new? As Trak said, again, I could mis-click and then suffer the consequences.

EDIT - one possible bypass to this would be to assign the potion slot to the same button you'd use your potions on in the skill-bar if you want to keep using the same button. Problem solved. The add whatever you want on the free skill slot... another skill, an emote, whatever.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  7. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

On twitch they said that you would be able to use all kind of potions, but they made dedicated slots.
    Anyway, ignoring the bugs, I wish you would use another place for (/move) the HP slot because it covers the HP, this is pretty critical, at least for me, since I tend to push the HP to the limit with my DK, but now I can't do it anymore because I can't estimate it like before.

8. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Ahoy there, parchment time!

1. Quick slots for health/mana potions: Nice add, useful at its full potential when we get used to it, the visual bugs coming with it are a tad annoying though, and the position of the slots, on top of the health/mana spheres, is as said before, a strain to the eyes, maybe it could be switched to another place on the HUD.

2. Enviromental/Storytelling improvements: Perhaps these are basics for each release, no practical use but improves the game's looks I guess, "meh" would be my opinion.

3. Game entry improvements: To be honest, I don't think even new players care about these, you already level up quick enough, this changes are quite inconsequential for the overall game experience since you can't even return to these maps as soon as you're done with the tutorial, I guess it's an effort to have newcomers have an audio/visually enhanced experience to bait them into staying, though I still think it's unimportant and unnecessary.

4. Sigrismar's new introduction: I admit it looks neat, but, for the love of Agathon, it takes so long that my little alts can kill Sigris in 1/3 (maybe less) of the time he uses to get his butt out of the ice and fight them. Sigris is an important source of experience/resources farming for players around level 33-36 and it just makes farming him exasperating and slow, I wish one could turn this animations on and off at will.

5 & 6. Random monster enchantments in Myrdosh and Atlantis set: The RME are nice I guess, makes the game a tad more challenging, though I hope the rewards were also adjusted accordingly. Atlantis set opinion: M-E-H, those items are way overpriced and laughable looking at their "power", no one in his/her right mind would buy any of those, perhaps by lack of knowledge of the game or by accident, the desings are neat, though.

7. Bug fixes (Highlights):
    • Normal chat works in PvP: I would've found this quite useful when I was a level 2X newbie and I had to ask for help to my twink opponents to let me have a win for my daily quest, now newbies can beg easier to the canc..., twinks inside the low level arena, nice add.
    • Temple Guardian Federation spawning the correct guardian: Finally!, a lot of people were complaining about this and it had a lot of us wondering why the rest of the variants of our numerous Temple Guardian sets were working fine except the water one, well chosen on your priority list of bug fixes, it surely will have a huge impact on the game, props!
    • Assigned hotkey for essence toggle now saving properly: Thanks, this one was a bit annoying too.

Overall opinion on this release: we have a very innovative feature inside of a game of any type..., a quick slot for potions, which took a long time to develop, yet it came with a pair of bugs, minor ones, yeah, but bugs nonetheless, the rest of the release's features and fixes feel like fillers, no significant impact in our gameplay except for the pot slot, lacks substance in general. The addition of golden wings is not even worth commenting, we'll talk when you give me rainbow wings :p.

On a side note..., here, 16 days ago, you said the lottery winners of the latest Stellar gold were going to be announced with R164, we got our rewards from the progression bar indeed but..., did I miss the lottery winners announcement?, it's R165 already, just wondering...

Morinphen and MikeyMetro like this.
  9. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

One of the best updates, and I am referring to well overdue addition of slots for HP and resources potions!
    It now also makes it worthwhile accumulating those resources potions.

In the last few updates, awesome features have been implemented that players have been screaming for:

quick revive (spirit stone easy use)

glyphs retrieval possibility (! wow !)

essence toggle

potion slots

No longer need to open inventory in the midst of a battle (and potentially lose one of your equipped, gemmed up items) to revive your partner

No need to melt our awesome gear we farmed for so hard that we might still need to use with different setups in order to get those GoPs back

No need to open your inventory to switch essences

No need to occupy one of the skill slots and inventory slot and fiddle with your skills to change it back

Thumbs up for Bigpoint, great job and well done!

Yes, there are some bugs, and we know that no updates have ever came without those, but that's ok, the good over-weighs the bad by far.

How about we start with some gratitude and more goodness will come our way

The above mentioned features are some of the biggest improvements in the last 4 years I have been playing (talking about features introduced, not expansions or anything else)

Strongly disagree with your opinion on positioning of those slots, I think this is an outstanding solution and the best possible positioning of the potions' icons: it is readable, it corresponds to the layout of the interface design, and IT DOES NOT OBSTRUCT our game window.

The rest I don't really care about much as it doesn't really affect/have impact on our gameplay.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  10. SillySword

SillySword Regular

About the two new potion slots, it's good but small. Why does not just change glass bottle of Hit Points and Mana / Concentration / Rage / Steam into clickable slots by mouse to use potions? And cool down indicator of potion displays on each glass bottle. I think it would be easy and intuitive. You could tell players how to use potions by hot key and mouse in tutorial.

Thanks

11. gun

gun Forum Great Master

in 163 i never had a game crash.
    in 164 game crash in PW stonekeep upper map only.
    Clearing cache folder does not have any effect.
    in 165 game crash appear to be random, I experienced in PW stonekeep, PW wildherz, PW Ruins, PW Liars Lair, PW Khalys, all random location.
    The sad thing is when crashed, had to relogin, the character spawn at city. Opposed when disconnected because slow internet for example the character still able to stay on the map disregard still alive nor not.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Don't you know?
    They are preparing them for the Olympics. XD

-Skygazer- and Yogo like this.
  13. Craptacular

Craptacular Forum Greenhorn

After release whén i use mind control ,guardian ,singu the guardians stiĺ actives its cooldown time

14. Reinier

Reinier Someday Author

About the Compendium...the Chapter count now works correctly and it does not overflow. However, the Act counter is still malfunctioning.It does not count as completed the chapters that were overflowing until the patch

15. Play.4.Fun

Play.4.Fun Someday Author

OK.. there is bug with ess bar.

Today I try to refill my silver ess on bar with 6.4k silver ess in inv and I simply drop 6,4k to ess bar.... and after that I have full ess on bar but rest dissapered :( . So 8100 on bar and 6400 in inv gives you 9999 on bar :(

Just to be shure I try it with blue ess. Use a little to get 9850 on bar and than try to merge with 2200 from inv.... yes, I get 9999 blue ess in bar but 0 in inv. Great work, in R164 ess picked from drop didnt get to bar but in inv, now you have ess lost.

EDIT: Some 12min and one round in vorholm latter silver and blue ess apper in my inv.... !?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  16. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I like the potion slots. That's an extra 2 slots in my inventory. But it would be greatly appreciated if the potion stack sizes could be increased another 10-fold so I don't have an extra 3 stacks of pots sitting in my bank.

As for the rest of the new things included in this update, it mostly triggers a lukewarm "meh."

17. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

The new area in Kingshill lags quite a bit. The rest of Kingshill is fine but once in that area, the screen is a bit jerky and a tad blurry when moving.