Feedback Release 166

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, May 28, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding R166

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.
    If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Potion Quickslot fixed
    Bug fix good. Appearance, much better but I still think it needs to be moved inward next to the skill slots.

Improved & Reworked Workbench (Crafting 2.0(.3))
    Just glad it is done in time for me to stop buying 30 day premium extensions the two accounts I need the extra storage with. Should not take long for this monstrosity to destroy enough items to free up that tab in inventory :rolleyes:

Lowered minimum Character Level for Moon Events
    This will be such a relief for the gappers (xp blockers) that are really bored with limited places to hang out in with new players due to map level locks. Now they can run Moon maps with the low level twinks ;)

In-game Shop revised
    Took a peek at this on TS. Much more convenient when I want to spend $ on the cash tab. The ander purchase side seems a bit messy. I see the need though for a different way to display that side since all the npc shop items are there now as well o_O

Removal of Healing & Resource Potions in PvP Matches
    "To improve fairness in PvP matches..." Wow, I guess the devs really do care about pvp balancing :D

Know Issues
    Nothing? Really? Kudos to all involved :cool:

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

According to general thoughts, Crafting 2.0 seems like it could've been a big hit... but in actuality it comes as meh.

No more Scrolls of Insight, more kinds of Tomes of Insight... so one can get less bang for their buck more easily? I mean, if you want an XP boost and buy the scroll, you know you get a 100% bonus for an hour - but you're certain you will be power-leveling while it lasts so you get the most of it, no losses. The use of this buff, IMO, was for those struggling with leveling up and wanting a quick and effective boost... I never saw the Tome as better, unless one wanted a somewhat "casual" bonus on-top. But since this is of no interest to lv50s, I don't care much for it either... just looks like an odd marketing move.

ALT key can be used. Small, but good one! I like this kinda stuff. Maybe do the same for the SpaceBar?

New market layout seems cool. One thing, tho: doesn't this render most merchants useless (more than before) ?

No pots in PvP - I hated coward-potters in 1v1, so I so wanted this... but now I don't really see that many anymore. In any case, since I'm not an avid PvP player, I don't care much for this either now, TBH. Let's see how PvP pans out now... as it seems people got over essence-removal pretty well.

Auto-equip stuff: nice. Again, minor but helpful.

Why did they lower the minimum character level for Moon Events? Too much backlash from twinks? We should ask them about their "getting the message across" methods, since they seem to be working. BP just doesn't get how irritating it is to get random lv10s asking you to carry them... annoying even if you can, even if you can't.

Rabosha: OK, the next step in their reworking the unique merchants, OK. Fix on the achievement-tied set at the same time - great. I've been wondering about this not long ago, and posted it into the CM thread. Haruki said she'd ask about it and here it is, LOL. Wish most things would go this fast... or maybe they just had it planned and done already, who knows.

Bugfixes: nice list. Some good work here (mainly the potion-slot polishing). Hope the mount slot will also stop saying "1".

No known issues - YAY. When was the last time this happened, haha xD ?

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    _Baragain_ likes this.
  4. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Mljax and Morinphen like this.
  5. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

That's actually not correct, they are still there - just a little bit further down in the shop, after the essences and wisdom, not directly next to the "revelation books".
    The scroll (100% more for one hour) can still be bought for at 299 Andermant.
    Yeah. Plus, separate the 2 functions of the "command mode" (control key: loot display and context menu on characters), so that we can put ONE of them on the ALT key... Only this would make the ALT key REALLY useful in my p.o.v.!
    It still does on the test server. ^^

Morinphen likes this.
  6. Morinphen

· The drop chances of the "Treasures of the Deep" set items were greatly increased so it matches the chances of the other region sets.
    · The drop chances of the mentioned updated Myrdosch set items also fit this pattern.

So they've been dropping with sub-par chances all this time? Huh...

7. Armando

The deep sea set as an "old" lvl 40 unique set had a way lower drop rate than the Duria and Norseland sets when they were introduced as easy-to-get beginner sets that dropped at almost every corner in the respective maps.
    As by now the deep sea set is not really any special any more anyway, it seems BP decided to make it also rather "easily available".
    I tried yesterday 20 runs of Gorga normal on the test server and got 1 deep sea amulet - not enough to judge that "higher" drop rate, really...

Morinphen likes this.
  8. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

So... a couple of little things I noticed with the new crafting:

Crafting for daily challenge: It only counts if the item is "accepted." Just another example of how the devs do not think like players. If I spend a bunch of gold on a whole lot of attempts but get nothing I want to keep it should still, at the very least, count for my daily :(

An odd annoying bug: After a crafting attempt you cannot move anything into the slot previously occupied by a consumed item. Easy enough workaround... just have to close and reopen inventory. Still a bit of a pain when dealing with a bunch of items while trying to keep them organized into recoverable items on revert and items that will be destroyed one way or another.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

ekant1992 and _Baragain_ like this.
  9. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

Feedback: Crafting 2.0.3 sucks. I hate it, so do many of my friends in game.
    Thanks.

Novadude likes this.
  10. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

It's better than getting random outputs but losing two items and being asked to pay for losing two items is a bit odd right?

11. Morinphen

Tried today in order to get the achievement points tied to the set: drops are indeed more plentiful. Unfortunately, I got the amulet, shield & adornment a few times each... then also a bunch of Kraken (not part of the set, but seemingly it was affected by this)... not the weapon yet, but I don't want it. I need the ring for completion and haven't seen one yet, though I'll resume the search shortly (friends did get similar amount of various other pieces, so it's all good).

Once I get it, I'll search Myrdosch to test this R166 feature there too and hopefully complete the achievement tied to one of the revamped Andrakash sets as well.

Oh, and another piece of feedback: while potions (HP & resource) are no longer usable in PvP, their texts still mention the PvP cooldown times :p.

Armando likes this.
  12. SillySword

SillySword Regular

My DK got a magic Warlord seal from crafting 4 improved Titan seals.

Thanks!

13. Armando

Yeah well, special skins can still not be crafted. It's "not a bug, but a feature" (by design), but I also still find it rather annoying, especially since transmogrification seems to have slipped down rather far in the backlog.