Feedback Release 167

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jun 10, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Release 167.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. morituritesalutamus

morituritesalutamus Forum Apprentice

The cost-of-slot table in your post on release 167 seems to include the old prices but not the new. Multiply by 0.85 for the new ?

3. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

Can we have a confirmation from the DSO team that all new Mounts can only be bought with real currency or Andermants :confused:

Gone are the good old days when Events used to offer mounts as reward for the tiresome grind the player had to go through :rolleyes:

4. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

I thought the Heredur Doll pet doesn't work on Parallel World bosses? Did this change?

5. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

No it works ! I've been using it for months. The "armor break" icon is visible above the boss' head.

6. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

Oh I thought that was a bug! Thanks! :)

Unfortunately it's only up to 15% off, some prices stayed the same while others have changed. :(

7. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Anyone know the release date? I've heard that it's today.

8. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Hello bLaind,

R167 is currently scheduled for the 15th of June but the sync schedule has not been officially announced yet so it might change - stay tuned for the sync announcement :) .
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

bLaind likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

1. The "sorting button" is making only a mess into the inventory/locker. It is placing the items in weird way ... not even items of same type are being put together.
    It is placed very close to the first slot and it can be clicked by accident ... therefore I expect at least confirmation before taking action. I also expect "sorting option" ... Sort by: type, quantity, rarity, consumable items ... etc.
    I won't be using that button anyway since I classify and arrange my inventory/locker by my liking ... but the other people who might be using it should be given aforementioned options.
    2. If I were a QA guy ... this release would not be getting "GO" approval from me.
    The game is freezing on every single map change. Black screen appears ... you can hear what is going on but you can't do anything. It happens for 20-30 seconds ... one would say it is not a big deal ... but yes it is. It prevents fluid gameplay and leads to frequent Hero's death. Especially in the maps where monsters are near the entrance and attacking you at sight.
    This freezing occurs even if you lose connection for a bit ... the game is loading again (which is not the issue) and when you are finally about to get into the game again you need to wait the black screen go away.

This is how the frost screen looks like

[​IMG]

Patchx86, ekant1992, EhtovK and 2 others like this.
  10. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Again a rushed update... why do they keep on making things so fast? Stay tuned for new bugs :D Can somebody answer me why they rush the rels lately? There isn't proper beta test...

11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That "Like" is totally for your signature... Amazing!

iNeXoRaBlE, ekant1992 and Troneck86 like this.
  12. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

+1 for iNeXoRaBlE's signature :D:D.

#1 The new scorpion mount looks cool - though it's just another epic (but hey, diversity can't hurt), but anything that comes in a "Lucky" Sphere is bleh (also means money, LOL)... anyway, I'm hoping that "the opportunity to get the Black War Scorpion via other methods" doesn't only mean the cash pre-sale... we'll see.

#2 Sort button: to me, as with anyone else with an inventory sorted according to own preferences and whatnot, this is beyond useless... even more so, it is yet another thing to have to be careful not to press by accident, or it will mess my whole pages up. Couldn't have put it somewhere else?

#3 Reduced prices are always good. GG.

#4 Shop revamp, part 2: yay, the banners are back :rolleyes:. Irrelevant. Then, weren't the icon for categories on sale and the highlight for items on sale already there o_O ?

#5 Bugfixes - nice. Just one thing...

"All the cooldowns for the XP boosters you could purchase in the shop were counting when you were inside the game only. We have fixed this and now the cooldown count will still work when you are outside of the game.

On top of that, we have reduced the cooldown times for all those items and added another message that will let you know when you cannot use one of this items if you have another XP booster operating at the same time. We are planning to introduce a clearer message with release 168 as well."

So... because they know how some people find it so harsh to level up, they've fixed it so that your boosters actually deplete while one is not online. In this way, you get less for your money and will have to put in more money/Ander. IMO, whatever kind of boosters' timers should not continue counting while offline (same for temporary items, for that matter), but that's just me...

Last, but not least, no fixes for lingering problems from before (frozen screens, mount slot still saying "1", etc.) :(. All in all, a good few things, a useless lotta things... not that bad, but not good either... keep on rushing B, erh, I mean R(eleases) like this... :confused:.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    iNeXoRaBlE likes this.
  13. Red_Jaeger

Red_Jaeger Junior Expert

Here's a quick input on the "sort" button.

Please get it out of the way or at least have the function ask for confirmation once the button has been pressed. It is not useful at all in its current form. Quite the contrary, it creates a huge mess. It does not seem to be functioning properly anyway, as it mixed my inventory eraticallly. For example, the blue essences were in one tab, then items, then purple essences, then more items, then threw the red essences somewhere in the chaos.

The function could be useful if it was limited on the active inventory tab at the time the button is pressed. This way we could sort our farmed items and clean up faster. In its current form however it just messes up the entire inventory, creating a huge mess. If clicked by accident, it takes 10-15 minutes just to get things back in a proper order, especially if you have useless farmed items in your inventory at the time.

Morinphen, TwiliShadow and Zed like this.
  14. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

yeah I second that. give the option to not have it there or move it to a location that you wont accidentally click, or put a confirmation on it. on the plus side the sorting of tabs at kobold seems fixed. negative side it now takes at least 20s of dark screen before I move any map now. not showing brown screen just a dark one slightly opaque

Patchx86 likes this.
  15. morituritesalutamus

morituritesalutamus Forum Apprentice

10 to 30 second zone times are bad, mobs beating on you the whole time is worse. Why the laggy zone times ?

Patchx86 likes this.
  16. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Same here... THE Game lags, i was frozen at arena (they started fighting) ... And people f****** told that before the rel, why can't you keep it in beta test till its bug free? Do you like people insulting you? Are the developers retarted or what? Is it so hard to do something right for a change? I lag at EVERY map change...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  17. Patchx86

Patchx86 Forum Greenhorn

Black screen rel167. Please, fix it.

18. Minota

Minota Forum Apprentice

blackscreen 15-30 seconds u boys wanna kill us?

19. Avarawks

Avarawks Forum Apprentice

I kind of like the inventory sort, something to get used to but likely a bonus once I do. The lag between opening new maps much much less like there. It's a long time. I've been reading a book while the maps load, that's how long it is. Not sure if I'll play much if that is how it's going to be from now on, the just-sitting-there-waiting time is beyond excessive.

20. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

The map-change freeze is out of hand! Didn't @trakilaki already bring up this issue when the release was on the test server? Wonder why they didn't do anything about it yet.

EDIT:

In case this helps the developers, here is some technical information. On my computer, this is what the DSO process does:
    • Download/read map files: 1 second
    • Write to log file: 32 seconds
    • Create settings files: 1 second
    Only then will the map load. Do you wonder what is being written to the log file? This:

[INFO] ClientPlayerManager: handle event updates! (DATE) (TIME)

x 100 times. It just writes the same thing over and over again for all 32 seconds. This seems to be a new problem as this line was not included in previous DSO log files. Something is clearly wrong here, and it isn't our Internet connection.

I hope this helps the developers fix the issue soon!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Zed, edrogers57, Troneck86 and 3 others like this.