Feedback Release 214

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Dec 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Gem drops have been severely reduced. Is this intentional?

2. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Hmm...my conspiracy theory would be that perhaps the reason behind supposedly low gem drop is "gentle" encouragement to buy Premium Deluxe? For gems drop from Mystic cubes really neatly?:) ...but I digress.

3. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Would you kindly give us some specifics? For example:

• in what areas/on what maps have you noticed the change in drop rate?
    • kindly, - if possible - provide examples roughly how many gems /how often they dropped before r214 and what it is like now in your opinion?

thank you

4. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

did they? they seem to be pretty similar

I have noticed that the drops is inconsistent, i can have multiple runs with no drops and then drop 4-5 of them in a single run

5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

After the update, I have mainly been farming in Great Desert, Foxarrific Burrow of Investigation HQ, Loxely Caverns Infernal III mode and Stone Keep PW Infernal II mode and the event maps.

For example, before Update, Fatal Great Desert map would get me over 100 gem drops within few hours.
    Now, Infernal III mode, Desert would give me less than 10 gems during the same period.
    It has been extremely low to notice immediately. Many members of my guild has confirmed the same.

One more thing, previously a boss kill would have a guaranteed gem drop. Now, even after killing 20-30 bosses, you may not get a single gem.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  6. .iulian96.

.iulian96. Forum Apprentice

hey i play DSO since 2013 , i had a great time playng this game , but the only think that upset me was pvp matches because it was so hard for new players to make something and its not about how good u are its about how much did u farmed i was one shotted so many times i just avoided PVP at all and after so many good years i can tell the game is going in the right way i watched this game grow as it is today and i like it . Also for those players that are angry about future pvp matches should be alowed to fight somehow ( if possible) in a separate pvp mode or server , but i think a PVP battle should be about skill , coordonation , reflex not farming all day and one shot casual players (sry 4 bad english, much love :3)

7. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Agreed. Would manually have to craft my gems every few days. Love the new method of crafting gems. Sadly lower drop gives less opportunity to take advantage of it

8. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Thank you for your feedback and by all means, please do encourage members of your guild to get involved and if they wish so, they may share all their feedback or any relevant information regarding this issue in this thread. The more details we know, the more accurate report can be produced. Thank you in advance for your help ;

kind regards.

9. westernranger

westernranger Someday Author

Im not from cdeepal's guild, but I also noticed gems' drop rate decreasing.
    In addition to maps, mentioned above, drop rate from non-PW bosses like Asar and Gorga was also decreased (I didn't farm another bosses, so I can't give feedback about their drop rate changes). Before R214 there was 1-2 gems as 100% drop on any difficult, now you can do 5-10 runs (or more) and get 0 gems. Even on inf3.

Shine2 likes this.
  10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Regarding the gem drops, it sounds like an intentional rebalance. I know it's never popular to say it, but if the developers just rebalanced something intentionally, the odds of them changing it back so soon is somewhere between "slim" and "none." We won't likely see a significant change to the gem drop rate until there is some major update down the road with another economy related rebalance. Sure, the mods may collect feedback and forward it up, but someone higher up the food chain will look at that feedback and laugh to themselves thinking "We just changed this on purpose, and they think we're going to change it back? They must be nuts!"

Bubble and westernranger like this.
  11. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

The drop of gems and wisdom is almost nonexistent nowadays :( Before the update I had a decent drop of both, not to mention the drop of blue/green ess and andermant, now I only get 1 per entire map or none. Why the drop of ess/andrmant/gems/wisdom was so drastically reduced? That's unfair. There are still ppl who try to build their chars so they could enjoy the game, but with so little resources it's impossible.
    I'm happy that the purple/red ess is again the prize in the middle daily quest column, but the amount is quite low, and it's fairly impossible to get these ess without paying andermant, which is also low. Ok, we could get some purple ess from mobs (got 1 stack from common mob, and a bigger one from GD's boss), but still, it's too little. Why the purple/red ess is no longer droppable from the chests for lockpicks?

12. heror

heror Forum Baron

Ih idk what you do but for 4 days i made 20 k anders....
    Stones atleast 3-5 polished every day

13. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

You are making an assumption. If the developers have intended to reduce the gem and andermant drop rates, then so be it.

However, there was nothing about reducing gem and andermant drop rates in the patch notes.
    Therefore, my current assumption is that this was a mistake, an oversight.

If you are not experiencing these low drop rates, then I wonder if it is specific to Agathon server. I play on Agathon server and I am experiencing these low drop rates there. Can someone from other worlds comment on if they see any drop rate reduction in their worlds? That would be really helpful.

14. Jakeybear

Jakeybear Forum Apprentice

Heredur here. Gem drops were definitely reduced, myself along with plenty others noticed this the very first patch day. The difference is day and night. Andermant drops seem the same.

No real surprise that gem drops were reduced now that they have flooded Daily Deals with them.

15. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Heredur, very low drop

16. _Baragain_

There also isn't anything in the patch notes about the reduced drop rate of Materi frags from monsters, or the increased drop size of Andermant, or the reduced drop rate of legendary items, but those changed too. Any one of these by themselves may be viewed as a mistake or oversight, but when viewed in the context of some of the other unannounced changes, it is clear that it was a part of their rebalancing efforts. There is enough evidence that my "assumption" is highly likely a "fact."

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  17. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

It is not important whether You are correct or I am correct. It doesn't matter.
    What matters is that if the developers have made an unintentional update to reduce gem drop rates (even if there is a 1% chance) that they become aware of it and fix it. If it was intentional, then nothing to do. everyone can move on.

18. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

wisdom drops were reduced in quantity but frequency is mostly the same as before, it seems i am climbing up levels as fast as before

Essence drops were noticeably lowered while andermant drops seems to be mostly equivalent to before

I can't really judge gem drops
    they seem to be equally as rare as before

19. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes there was.
    It is the first thing you can read in the patchnotes:
    When there is "Economy Rebalancing" not only the prices change but the drops as well. They can't just lower the prices and let the drops same as before.
    One example: Prices on items from PW merchants have been lowered down ... but in the same time the drop of Materi Fragment has been severely nerfed down.

20. _Baragain_

That heading can be viewed as an umbrella for a great many changes. I'd lump the various drop rate changes in there too, but I'm sure that many people would say that if the patch notes doesn't explicitly state every little detail, then there is a chance that it was accidental. You and I know different.

trakilaki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.