Roadmap 2019

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Phyrix, May 22, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Not sure if that axe is legit, however I can confirm that sewers should be coming round about September shortly before prem day.
    Status incoming.
    Statistics aka stats? :
    Standard axe level damage <- unique bonuses and lines unknown.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

On FB groups and on some unofficial forums.
    There are players who know the game much more than us and there are groups that share news.

PvP roadmap: I don't understand why we must wait at least 6 monts to have pvp milestone 2...and when milestone 3'll coming...on 2021?

Why don't you focus on one thing at a time?
    You started pvp changes and now you want change PvE boss fight and item upgrade. You've implemented changes in enchantments only 5 months ago. If you change items we've lost all time and resources spent to increment and crafting 4 platinum lines on actual items (draken and increment cores, gold) so if you change items we can't transfer enchantments on new one or we can do and spent other resources.

vegetadavid likes this.
  3. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Well boss rework I agree on, the bosses are good as is, so why tinker with them?
    Noobs can run pain now where a year ago they couldnt (I would consider that balanced)
    Regarding sets though:
    Metas change, llike I asked on FB I that they do not break q7 for players with the equipment updates.
    However, I would like to see more for q4 players, I would like to see a 2h version of q2 set.
    I would like to see the hp penatly lifted from the bloodrune weapon so that more classes can use it especially vs bosses because that is where the hp penalty hits the hardest.
    I would love to see legend return with a 400 dmg unique line for dks.
    I would like to see craftable cloaks
    I would also like to experience 2 player team battles :D

4. heror

heror Forum Baron

I dont agree for legend. 400 dmg is a lot since its base dmg and will be increased by % on char.
    On the other hand what do other classes get ? Garbage i get 2h with 140% crit dmg ,o wait i already have max..
    I think the rangers bow gave resis+ armor if im not wrong ? @trakilaki
    and for dwarfs i have no idea.

Q2 version ? As long as q7 exists noone will play it( efficiently).
    Removed hp penalty removed ? might aswell rework the item, the core idea is to be on full hp.Its not viable on tank but hey its not viable on rangers too , so idk im not a fan of it, but what u suggest might make it ok but still why would u prefer it over q7? which leads us to your 1st suggestion.
    As long as q7 stays in it current form , other set either need to be hyper buffed or q7 needs to be nerfed. And since everyone will say " but i use q7 dont nerf me u hypocrite" let me say , q4 for mages was also nerfed with lv 55, but did they do it ? Yes they did.

5. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Well regarding bloodrune, it has the tightest damage variables of all weapons and highest attack speed, the problems come in at bosses, and mobs if you dont have hp.
    I would rather have 37-39k damage than 31-37k damage and lower attack speed.
    Bear in mind that the unique description should say 100% weapon damage and not 100% increased damage on this item iow it works like dragan weapon damage. <- consider this when using dso damage calculator.
    Guess the arachna weapon will not be that OP but it will look damn cool xD <- also especially if it was per critical hit and not per defeated foe.
    Currenly for dks q4 only needs some attack speed and increased smash damage to keep up with q7
    If even the 2 piece bonus was 25% attack speed and 325% smash damage instead of 300%, rageful swing is fine coming in at 1.25 of base and yes rageful swing not mighty wild swing as per the description.
    I would also assume that set bonus of 25% attack speed might make q4 more viable for all classes.
    Regarding legend:
    I assume there will be bows and staves and cannons working the same, with the same uniqu line
    And yes initially as per that uniques thread of mine made it 300 damage in the unique line and not 400 as stated above.
    Still though, the weapon of zeal has built in 15% attack speed and 30% weapon damage and then after that the zeal buff.
    The reason for that is to keep up with current weapon metas, I would imagine the zeal weapon to be something highly sought after.
    As for the sword devastator:
    I would imagine that there is bows staves and cannon versions of that weapon too.
    Devastator would be a perfect q8 weapon.
    I would also imagine that with the q8 set it would look damn good :D for all classes.
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/uniques-i-would-like-to-see-in-drakensang.76085/

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  6. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

But thats just room size, boss rework could include a lot of unwelcome nasties...
    It is already a lot of work farming cores in this game, the process is tedious to say the least, not if bosses were reworked that it take us 5 mins to kill them minimum, we are in for a muc longer and tedious game.
    The boss difficulty is much more balanced than it used to be, and now the boss techniques scale to the difficulty.
    example Grimmag used to do his death ray on all levels, he now does it once in a while on fatal and many more times on inf1.
    And his mind control is on levels higher than inf1 I think.
    So their scaling is good.
    Room changes iow is no problem.
    There is screenshots of the bosses being immortal for a few seconds <- like on ts for r214 (like when khalys spawns at the entrance)
    That is something highly unwanted by myself, and I would assume most other players.

7. heror

heror Forum Baron

Ye but its funny, In order for q4 for to compete you need to give it atack speed ( the thing q7 gives) and more dmg on smash ( instead of 150%dmg) so by your calculation in order q4 to be good it must be q7 version 2.0. Like i prefer to increase the bleed dmg or smt else but at this point its q7 number 2

8. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

well q7 only increases smash speed during buff, I am talking about 25% attack speed as a permanent set bonus.
    The smash damage is only to make it more feasible on lower essences.
    The increased bleed would only mean well increased bleed, which it already has.
    Another option would be for it to give smash 100% bleed damage per second for 4 seconds.
    Then added it would be a good option to give rangers that perk for q4 but with deadly blow.
    EDIT: btw Q4 gives 300% smash damage at the moment so its already strong I guess no need for it to be increased more then, I only suggested the further increased smash damage to make it more competitive on lower essences

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  9. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

Peharps the reasons is because you forced to play PvP in these weeks?
    In the last 5 months there is few things to do in PvE and in May there is nothing.

Talking about numbers.
    We have 60 days to get 3.300.000 honor points for PvP season.
    12 days are gone (1/5) so at now who have 3.300.000 / 5 = 660.000 points?
    Let's see who have ONLY 500.000.

PvP single: 12 warriors, 9 mages, 6 rangers and 9 dwarfs
    PvP group: 35 warriors, 45 mages, 9 rangers and 18 dwarfs
    Total 143 players (I used 500.000 to consider some players that play both single and group)
    143 players on 16.000? 0.9%?
    Also if 500 players complete PvP seasons we talk about 3% of players
    16.000 are pg that played at least 1 duel.

And if PvP season had lasted 30 days?
    Let's talk about numbers in 15 days after PvE season is started and when there is, I hope, some PvE event.
    There will be fewer players in PvP so there will be more time before a match start.
    There will be no newbies so it will be more difficult to win. Only "professional" PvP players remain so match are longer and they get less honor point in an hour than now.

PvP seasons have bugs, 8FFA was deleted.
    Helios event have buff bugged so I have 7.800 badges in inventory and only an event progress of 5.300
    There are many cheaters playing PvP.

I don't like PvP so much but I tried (forced by you) playing 1h / day in the thast 2 weeks and 10min in PvE .
    The alternatives are not playing at all

These are completely useless...why I must use ice resistance when I can use "all resistance"?
    And I don't use any kind of resistence enchantments on my items only dmg, critics, critical rating and speed.
    I don't want make 6 different crafting for each item (1 for ice, 1 for fire, 1 for lighning and so on).
    So you work for nothing...better create 6 pet if someone want use it

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  10. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Q: "What do you want to change in the boss fight? Their attacks? Their hitpoints? Their damage? Change appearance? Changing Attack Patterns? Mechanics? Bugs?"
    A: Our first goal with this change is to allow players to use all their skills with all their effects during boss battles. This, of course, comes with some other changes that have to be made like increasing their hitpoints for example. Another small, but important change will be that bosses on higher difficulties than “normal” will no longer have a spawn animation to reduce waiting times.

All our skills?
    This is bad, bad, bad, bad.
    Firstly we do not have access to all our skills.
    We do but only some have points in them.
    Ik @Sunlight you're a moderator and you should know what this means actually.
    We know this message is not from you.
    All players use their skills that has the highest damage, possible.
    You will not see a dk charging a boss to death.
    You will not see a sw chain lightning a boss to death either.
    There are Rangers however that use blade dance and do 272k crits with the gnob bow.
    The devs should tread carefully here, we already know the trend of this game since r208 even...

What I would have liked to see is this:
    Smash with a burn effect on bosses, or smash with bleed, or smash with poison or a frozen effect.
    Rage attack doing the same as smash still dealing cooldowns.
    bloody wild swing also with those effects and rs ofc too.
    An awesome effect would be bloody wild swing trippling on it own with every bws you do or a shadow mimic effect for your attacks including bws.*
    For rangers all those effects too on different things like blade dance db and ds.
    For spellweavers their shocked effect staying a to linger a little longer doing dot.
    Or for spellweavers using any of their main attacks and doing other elemental damages like for example the frostbitten debuff I made for that weapon devastator.
    For mecs its hard to imagine effects for them since they kill stuff so fast, however maybe some frozen effects on heavy shot?, or explosive effects might be cool for them.
    This is what players need...

*These trippling effects could be damn cool for all classes too.
    Example a spellweaver doing a triple lightning strike or a ranger doing a mimic effect on explosive arrow.
    A mec doing 3x homing missiles :D
    Imagine this effect on blade dance :D
    Or even imagine a speed buff for blade dance by 50%
    Call it the triple shadow buff :D
    Triple shadow buff: the player has 3 shadows mimicking his every move for 10 seconds.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    oOKellueHazeOo likes this.
  11. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

We know as much as you know.

Cheers

12. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

+1.
    So players enter PvP to try get rewards from Helios event and they really think PvP is better, or that the players will do more PvP after the changes? Pff... They think we are fools or something.

13. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

What should we understand by "equipment update 1.0, 2.0, 3.0"? Will there be a new kind of items (green, blue, purple, orange, yellow, ... black?)? A new rank (tier 8, 9, 10, ...)? Are higher enchantments than Platinum / super gold introduced?

I would just like to see an increased droprate of platinum lines (unique lines) on t8-10
    One more thing I would love to see is the dark set and dragonache sets introduced as drops on some or another event.

14. heror

heror Forum Baron

nah the new unique lines ( actual name btw ) are supposed to be for those who put their time not casual drops left an right .... i dont want to craft everything and have all the stats drop lewt and right like they did december

15. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

well it is kinda obvious that the higher the tier the more common the lines will become, that is how the scaling works.
    Not saying I want mine given on a silver platter either.

16. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

This is a cause for major concern....

2. Boss Equipment Trader & Loot

One of the biggest changes that comes with the first equipment update is the removal of the boss equipment traders. Why are we doing this? We think that a system like this goes against the coreloop of DSO. Going to a trader, right after a new difficulty has been introduced and buying the items within the first 20 minutes just leads to a devaluation of our equipment. Doesn’t it feel way better to finally get the item dropped that you are hunting for?
    What brings us directly to loot. We will rework the unique item drop chances with the same release as well.

Going to a trader, right after a new difficulty has been introduced and buying the items within the first 20 minutes just leads to a devaluation of our equipment.
    Easy answer.... dont sell new stuff for 6 months... or a year or ???? But taking away the option to buy altogether is not a good idea. *

Doesn’t it feel way better to finally get the item dropped that you are hunting for?
    *Not if it takes so long for it to drop that by the time you get it it, its obsolete. or it finally drops after 20, or 50, 300 runs... and it has complete crap stats. End result, total feeling of frustration

We will rework the unique item drop chances with the same release as well.
    We all know what this really means. And it isnt good for the player base. Every time they "adjust" the drop rates... its never good for the players. More frustration....

Personally, I think the ADDITION of boss merchants was one of the best things ever done. A lot of the gear I have was bought. Some pieces have dropped after the purchase, but not all... (which means I would still be stuck with inferior gear if I had not the option to buy)
    When it comes to Base stats .. Bought vs dropped.. All of my best pieces were bought... 99% of all the dropped gear I have ever gotten had junk stats and went straight to the smelter...

Right now players can gather a team, and do a run. If the coveted item doesnt drop, or has the usual crap stats, then the player can buy the item. Without boss merchants... players will once again have to find a group thats willing to take them ( carry ) time and time again to the same boss over and over to TRY for a drop. Couple that with what will surly be terrible drop rates, coupled with terrible stats.... those teams will quickly run out of patience and leave the group, leaving the needful player frustrated... again...

For some reason, the current DEV team seems to think
    FRUSTRATION = FUN

Thanks, Doc.

17. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Seems as if the new changes are simply designed to further discourage new players from beginning the game.

It was bad enough when they lowered the wisdom drop rate, health drop rate, gem drop rate, and added all the stupid mining, but taking away the ability to "buy" gear is just another nail in the coffin.

I agree with DocWhisky, the "adjustment" in drops will not in anyway help players. They have proven that time and time again.

It would be better for everyone if the dev's would simply admit that they are trying to slowly kill the game. This death by a thousand cuts is ridiculous.

18. heror

heror Forum Baron

So yet again they continue with bs autistic development huh ? So if i want my q4 with high basic dmg i must lv an old ( IF U HAVE ONE)
    But if u dont , welcome to lv45 simulator where ppl couldt get Cloaker wrath, Predator, amd so on for months only because of their BS rng mechanics. IF they removethe merchants, the drop must be ATLEAST trippled , if they dont do it im pretty sure that i can say taht they are on crack and dont give a crappy for the players. Time for 99% of the ppl to be called noobs because they cant get their uniques. CLAP CLAP. Thanks for adding the worst thing from lv 40, 45. Now you want to ruin my good memories of the good things that i experienced in a galaxy far far away with this game

19. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

But at least back in those times, uniques( or at least some of them) were actually powerful things on their own, so it made sense for them to drop rarely

now uniques on their own are not enough and not only that, they have base values which are random
    At the very least, drops rates should be something like 10-20%

And i would love to have them finally disclose the drop rates of the uniques

20. Latton

Latton Forum Greenhorn

Ah, welcome to the the DSO therapy board where players voice their fears and concerns in a vein attempt to improve their situation. The development team isn't going to change their plans based on information on these boards. People who claim they have are kidding themselves. You're also never going to get drop rates or population sizes. Nope, instead we'll all just wake up one day to the news that certain servers are being decommissioned and if you're lucky they will migrate your toon to a bigger server. At the end of the day you own nothing. The joys of drm.

Regarding this release, it is discouraging for those of us who are 'banking' currency. If what we read is true, new players will have to RNG more Tier 3 and Augment it up if they get a good base stat Roll. Once again Parallel Worlds EDIT . I'm seriously disenchanted with the entire game economy. The story telling runs flat after Resistance Command Center level 30-ish. The game at 55+ is just a game of math and grind.

Net-net, before this roadmap, a seriously dedicated new player could catchup to mediocre 55+, wisdom around 140 (if they rune to the max) in about 8 months. I know some will disagree but to get to about all Tier 6 with glyphed to level 60 gear is around that time frame. With this new roadmap, it will be longer. Why on Earth would an existing player invite a friend to play? Quick answer, they wont. They'll go play Xbox.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 1, 2019