Feedback Storm of Bones - Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, Feb 17, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Of course games of this type will copy one another in many aspects xD. Anyway, aren't those spikes designed not to let you progress unless you fight off the area before it? So, of course it is instant death. And it's not new. Kind of like the fire in the pathway to the left side of Fyrgon's Path of Fire before you did the quest to make yourself immune.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You must kill all the mobs in the area ... once you kill them the spikes will remove.

Morinphen likes this.
  3. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

No, they're there to help you kill yourself.

Universeea likes this.
  4. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Can we stop off topic?
    This is "Storm of Bones" - event thread.

Cheers.

5. Morinphen

Feedback - Release 185, pretty sure :D.

MikeyMetro and ToshiBoy like this.
  6. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

So, something like 10 days into the event, with me playing chiefly casually a couple of hours a day in pre-185 maps, sometimes intentionally farming for Bone Dust in one particular map (not particularly successfully): About 400 progress or 40 per day.

Last couple of days post-185 rollout, playing in the new maps (chiefly The Great Desert and the can't-remember-the-name-Oasis(?) map), and I'm at 615 bone dust, about 100 progress per day. That's ~17% in 10 days.

Let's assume I keep up the improved drop rate over the last 3 days, and double my time online (not likely to happen), that's ... 600 more event progress ... in other words, without playing 24/7 or spending Andermant on the drop buffs, I'll manage 1/3 of the progress required to get a cute pet and a mystery box.

Oh, and if I managed to somehow miraculously finish the event, I'm assuming I'll be at Level 55 ... will I get to open the chest 5 times, receiving gear beneath my level on the first 4 presents?

I know, I know, it's already been said many times before, but, what the heck were you thinking, devs? Did this ridiculous event actually boost your revenue short term? And, how many players did you lose for the long term?

... back to slogging through the new 185 quests.

7. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes of Dracania,

As @Mal3ficent said, we kindly ask to you to remain focused on Storm of Bones event.
    Off-topic interventions and/or posts that are not related with this event will be removed ;)

Do not forget that there are plenty of people reading our Forum, so... you know, keep it cool.
    Cheers,

8. SillySword

SillySword Regular

I just don't know Storm of Bones is good or bad for players? It's embarrassed that a level 55 character without level 55 gears. It would take much longer and level up faster If just farm bones all the way. But my character won't level up too much by using +10 buff. Because the buff does shorten a lot of time needed to complete event and my character won't get huge exp. I wonder if this is a "trap"?

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Just to let you know ... Spiky Valley has a good Bone Dust drop.
    For me this map is the upgraded version of Stillwater Bay :D

10. Morinphen

Uhm, that boss has no ties to the event in question. What do you mean he's gone?
    Storm of Bones was a simple event... worthy monsters get you progress. Been active partly before the expansion, partly after.

11. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello @Dragenstein , the Storm of Bones event had no quests attached to it, so your problem is completely unrelated, still, my best guess about your issue is that it's related with the quest Cursed Wish 9/9, if so, delete the quest, re-take it and you should be able to spawn Sharr Kharab normally again.

12. ItHurtsWhenIP

ItHurtsWhenIP Forum Apprentice

My friend had the same issue. He tried once but died quickly so he left the map. Next time he had no possibility to click on the carpet to summon the lantern.
    I could since I already killed once, I summoned it and he managed to finish the quest. He has no probs eversince....

Little buggy....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.