Thoughts on Crafting 2.0

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, May 3, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Here it is

[​IMG]

2. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

err did I missed out on the TS promotion for crafting ? It has to be active toon to get the bonus pack ? or a newly created account ? Made the 4th toon to Grim, walked to KS and nothing happens....

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

From what I can tell, it needed to be an active toon, logged in in the past several days or weeks.

4. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

Caramba, okay, I farm 100k gold, see you in a year or three . :p

5. _Baragain_

Just don't forget. I said that I used crazy amounts of gold to over come my lack of farmed gear. It won't be nearly as expensive if you spend time farming PWs on Tier III and get a bunch of items with good stats to combine.

6. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

OK what I did in the test server just to lower the Ander mentioned needed.

I Added 1 gem slot to all Green. 3 perfect Greens and one crap green with 4 gem slots. So if one of the perfect greens have a gem slot already then you save 20 anderment.

So with 80 Ander you get a Blue with 2 Slots 1+1+1+5/4
    Now I upgrade all Blue to 3 Gem slots 400 Anderment
    Now I upgrade all Extra to 4 gem slots 1,600 Anderment
    Legendary always come with 4 gem slots in this process.

3,680 anderment for a 5 slot legendary.

7. taketh

taketh Regular

After watching the twitch, I am unclear on how crafting 2.0 works. The crafted item will take the enchantment type AND value or is the value randomly generated?

Is the cost the same no matter the craft, crafting green items to blue is the same price as crafting purple to legendary?

I am confused as to what items to look out for and save, given that crafting costs will be the limiting factor. If i had 4 legendaries, each with an orange line i wanted in the final craft, thats a probability of 0.25*0.25*0.25*0.25. Might need to roll 250 times to get the perfect craft.

8. MegaNuker

OK for the cost it seems to be 2 to 3 times the cost of what it is now. I only have a level 25 on the test server and the cheapest craft is 1 gold 20 silver. For legendary it was 125 gold for a level 25. Now for the live server I do not know the price.

taketh likes this.
  9. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The cost is more, not deal breaking but considering how random it can still be, I'm hoping that they lower the cost a bit.

If you farm for good gear (best stat lines) you can remove some of the randomness. You can always get the same lines during crafting and is an issue to keep in mind when you revert a craft. The better the lines in all 4 pieces, the better your chances.

Check out this link, where Baragain gives a great explanation on what to look for and how to craft them up.

10. taketh

taketh Regular

Thanks, though still need to know how the crafting works. I saw the twitch video, and couldnt tell if it inherited the enchantment type AND value, or if the value was randomly generated? It seems like the value gets passed on, but need to be sure before i melt many now useless ingredients in my inventory. Thanks.

11. MegaNuker

Your crafted item will have 1 random enchantment unless you use 4 legendary items. the inherited enchantment will be taken from the items used. i.e. +4 Damege. If it takes it from a lower item it will scale up. If from a higher level item it will scale down. i.e. 25 25 27 27 will give you a 26 if the enchant is from the 27 it will scale down to 26 if you upgrade item to 27 the enchantment will be the same as it was on the 27 item used to craft. If the enchantment is pulled from the 25 it will scale up. It will be the same if you upgraded the level 25 to 26.

If you use all legendary items they have to be the same. Note that rangers and DK have items that are the same but different. i.e. swords axe mace are 1 handed. If you put in put in 2 of one and 2 of another you you will get one or the other and still be able to revert.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

For crafting:
    1. blue item - 1 inherited enchantment + 1 random enchantment
    2. purple item - 2 inherited + 1 random
    3. leg item - 3 inherited + 1 random
    4. 4 leg items (same type) - 4 inherited enchantments

Inherited enchantments are exactly the same taken from the ingredient items ... random enchantments are random by type and value.

Example:

We are going to craft 4 blue gloves into one purple glove. We are expecting to get 2 inherited enchantments (from the blue ingredient items) and one random line

[​IMG]

when the item is crafted you can see the enchantments on that item

[​IMG]

At this point you can Accept the item if you like the result (ingredient items are being destroyed permanently) or you can keep rolling (revert button). Like shown in the picture above you can see the enchantments ... also you can hover your mouse over the ingredient items and you can see from which item what line was taken. As you can see the first line (143 armor value) has been taken from the second line in the second ingredient item:

[​IMG]

Four legendary items can be combined and you will always get four inherited lines from the ingredient items (4x4 enchantments)

[​IMG]

NOTE: before you accept the item you can always see how many gem slots the crafted item has.

You can craft all type of items of the same rarity ... however you can only target craft and revert from items of the same type (i.e. 4 shortbows, 4 boots, 4 books ... etc). Crafting items of the different type will result in completely random item of random type with random enchantments and slots) - in this case you get random item but you keep the old rule for the gem slots (min. 1 slot on purple and min. 2 slots for leg item).
    You can't target craft short+longbows or wands+staves or books+boots ... etc

LudiGrozd and taketh like this.
  13. _Baragain_

Try 1820 times to get those 4 lines all to show up on the same legendary. Check out Armando's chart.
    If math is not your strong suit, don't try to understand why all this is true, simply trust that us two math guys know what we are talking about.

The way you would find the probability of the situation you were describing is to go to the "Legendary to Legendary" part of the chart. Look at the the chart for 4 desierable inputs and you are looking for 4 desierable outputs. The chart then tells you that you have a 0.05% chance of getting what you are looking for. If you have 4 legendaries with 1 line good each, you'd be better off trying to get 2 of those lines onto the same legendary. That has a 21.7% chance, or about a 1/5 chance. That would be about 1100 gold (on average). Then, if you could do this 3 more times, you would have 4 legendaries with 2 good stats each at an esitmated cost of 4400 gold. That would put you in the part of the chart for 8 desirable inputs. You could then see that crafting a 3 good line legendary is about 25% meaning 4 attempts, or 880 gold. You also stand a ~4% chance at getting a 4 line during this, but the odds are still not in your favor. Still, if you can do this 3 more times, at a cost of 3520, you'll have 4 legendaries with 3 good lines each. Putting them on the crafting bench, you'd see you have a 27% chance at getting a 4 good line legendary. That means that with another 880, you'd likely finally have your awesome 4/4 legendary.

So, an uber weapon could cost about 8800 (8880 if you want to me more precise) and 64 legendaries with one desirable stat. This is why crafting items at the improved, magic, and extraordinary level will be so important. It can significantly reduce the cost by letting you craft 2/3 good line exos which makes crafting 3/4 good line legendaries much more cost effective. Put it this way, Green and blue items with one good stat are significantly more valuable than legendaries with one good line.

I tried to not make this too "mathy." I hope it helps you understand the probability side and explained what you need to try to do.

taketh likes this.
  14. Rhysingstar

The increase in crafting costs has not been discussed too much here, and as I only have a level 21 test character I'm not sure what the end game costs are.

The ones at level 21 are considerably higher than what we pay on the live servers. This is going to be shocking to many players that aren't following the discussion closely.

The best benefit in my opinion is the gem slots.

The other nice thing is while we are still relying on the random, it is far less random than what we currently have on the live servers.

The few tests that I've gotten to do on the test server (because of limited amount of gold) were not fantastic. I got a lot of repeats, but even with that, it is still far better than what we have now.

Luckily, my main character still has lots of room for improvement, so I don't have to totally rely on getting an item with uber stats in order to replace what I'm wearing now.

So theoretically I should be able to get by without a ton of gold for a bit. Plus, with the random luck factor, I could still end up with an uber piece.

Since they first mentioned this 2.0 idea, I've been much more careful in selecting which pieces to hold on to. So far I've been collecting mostly exo gear to save space.

As an example, all of my weapons in wait, have 2 % dmg lines and 1 dmg line. They also have 3 or 4 gem slots. By the time they go into the crafting machine, all will have 5 gem slots open. It is much cheaper to open 2 exo gem slots than 2 leg gem spots. (If DSO doesn't somehow ruin this player friendly part).

I've also finally started paying attention to the blues and greens. Before they simply got sold or melted without even opening them up. Now any that has the desirable stat lines get kept for future consideration. This is going to make all of us wish for more inventory space.

Remember that it is possible for the new crafted item to pull multiple lines from 1 original piece. It may pull 1 line from each item or it may not, that is just part of the random. So if you want to limit what you see, make sure all 4 pieces you put in has exactly the enchantments you hope to get out.

If there is some random enchantment line that you don't want, don't keep it. If you do, the random generating god will keep putting that stupid line in the mix just to see you cry. Remember that there is no limit on how many times the rng can put that same stupid line into the mix.

15. MegaNuker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Like I said before you can TARGET craft with shortbow and long bow and with the 6 DK weapons as long as they are all 1 handed or 2 handed.

@Rhysingstar I think Legendary 50 will be 222 gold if my math is right.

trakilaki likes this.
  16. Rhysingstar

Is that price exo to legendary?

What about legendary to legendary, any idea on that price?

17. MegaNuker

For my too it was the same. the cost was the end item not items used. But level 25 26 and 27 costs and converting them to level 50. I have not 50 to on on the test server just a 25 and 45 the 45 has nothing bc I level him to 46 and they stole his level and all his gear is 46 and none removable. He can not fight his way out of a wet paper bag. 109 damage 0% armor 0% block 2,000 hp

18. taketh

taketh Regular

Thanks. I don't get how the 1820 number was calculated. 0.05% chance is 2000 rolls instead of 1820? I did not realise more than 1 enchantment can be selected from an item.

Not really sure what to look out for now. I wont hold onto legendaries with one good enchantment if i means i need 64 of them to make a good craft; no inventory space for that.

I will hold onto green and blue items with one desirable line or more, purples with 2 desirable lines or more, and orange with 2 or more. I doubt i have the space to hold onto green and blue items.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  19. Rhysingstar

Only keep what you want. As an example, if you want to end up with legendary boots that only have hp and armor, keep all the lower items that have those lines and nothing else.

If you start with blue, you can keep any with 2 lines of hp or 2 lines of armor or 1 hp / 1 armor.

It would look like this: (example)

Boot 1 ----- Boot 2 ----- Boot 3 ----- Boot 4
    Armor ----- HP --------- Armor ------ HP
    Hp --------- HP --------- Armor ------ Armor

When crafted, the new version will have 2 of these choices, plus add one random.

So you could get an exo that has:

Armor, hp, + random
    Armor, armor, + random
    Hp, hp, + random.

Now the random could be anything possible for that piece of gear. Boots can have armor, hp, resist and speed.

If you don't get what you want in that random or if the stats don't help you, then revert the craft and try again until you run out of money.

20. _Baragain_

1/1820=.054945% which rounds to 0.05%. Just trust me and Armando on where the math come from.
    You don't need all 64 items to start. As you go through this process, you will condense 4 items into 1 every so often. Think of it like gem crafting. You don't need 81 Tier 1 gems to make a Tier 5 gem. At the worst point in this process, you would likely have 3x3 line, 3x2 line, and 3x1 line legendaries. Then, when you get one more 1 line legendary, you'd do a series of expensive crafting and get your final item. Also, you will make better and better items that will likely keep replacing your normal item, so one of these items will likely be equipped at all times, thereby saving you other spaces.
    Also, this sequential crafting process also applies to greens and blues so you will never have to waste all those spaces in practice... just while saving up now before Crafting 2.0 comes to the live servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.