Where are the new dailies?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GoulishNightmares, Mar 7, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Hotfix in 4 more days according to the announcement.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

How can you test this feature on TS?
    TS is European server ... as far as I know non of the EU live servers are having this issue.

3. Of course they aren't. Just us. We don't seem to matter as much it seems.

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

It's not that we don't matter it's just that there are a lot fewer of us. Democracy in action :D

But on a serious note... I gripe about obvious bugs the devs miss on the TS but there is really no way they could see this one coming. Yeah, they possibly could have with a lot of monkey motion with the TS clock but even then maybe not.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

5. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Didn't know TS was only European servers.

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It is not only a European server, in so far that there is no significant difference between the servers. The only difference between American vs European is the clock and that was what was being changed on the American servers. They likely expected that this change wouldn't have any impact beyond moving the reset time back a couple hours, but because coding does some funny things sometimes, there were unforeseen consequences/complications from changing the clock. Since they didn't anticipate any problems, they probably didn't see any reason to change the clocks on the test server.
    While the test server wouldn't have caught this issues, it does catch others. But, related to that, do you have a test server account that you use regularly? If not, then you can't complain if anything is ever missed. If you aren't contributing to that effort, you can't complain about the results from the people that do.

7. PhunkyMonkey

PhunkyMonkey Forum Greenhorn

Hope to see dailies return soon. By the way how can you check reset times etc.? ... I see people talking about it but have no clue how or where to check these things

8. Tonlee01

Tonlee01 Forum Apprentice

I believe DQs and DDs are set to the same timer, if you look at when your Daily Deals reset (located on the deals page of your shop window) it will show you how long until they both reset. Also, it was announced that there is a hotfix for the bug supposed to drop Tuesday.

9. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Thanks for the explanation. I also am fairly new to the game and don't have a test server account. I also feel that not having one shouldn't limit someone complaining about a problem with the game.

10. Moot

Moot Active Author

Actually I did have this issue on Grimmag. I suspect it wasn't the clock change, but the fact they removed tears from the possible reward pool for 9th slot. On the day the update hit production I and a few other people I know suffered from this bug had tear in the 9th slot, which disappeared after the update.. I suspect the game thought of changing that 1 reward to a random tierless leg as giving out new dailies which possibly messed up everything due to wibbly wobbly spaghetti code.

11. _Baragain_

Complaining that something is a problem is OK. Asking "Why didn't anyone catch this on Test Server?" isn't. Testing on the Test Server is a volunteer thing. If a homeless shelter doesn't have enough volunteers to run their free kitchen and the homeless are hungry, is it fair for someone who has never stepped foot in the shelter to ask "Why are all these people hungry? Isn't there a homeless shelter to take care of people like this?"

12. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Wow, I was asking a simple question and you're going to compare it to a homeless shelter? How many times have i said I'm "fairly new" to this game and you sound like you're expecting me know how everything works here. Other games I've played they didn't allow just anyone, especially a newbie (ie: fairly new) to be on their test server. You could've went into further detail on that instead of the homeless shelter bit instead. I guess if you don't like my questions/complaints in the future then please don't respond.

13. Moot

Moot Active Author

Except the homeless shelter does not expect the homeless to pay for the meals, and to be the volunteers as well

14. _Baragain_

Did I hit a nerve? The point is regarding complaining that volunteers aren't doing enough by your standards when you don't volunteer is ridiculous.

Here's another example. You have a kid in school. They attend after school tutoring because they have trouble understanding some concepts. After a recent test, they still got a bad grade on something you feel should have been covered in tutoring. The tutoring is supported by volunteers from the community. Can you complain that the people who are giving their free time didn't do enough to make sure your kid is learning well?

Or another. The local park is a mess. Three weeks ago there was a clean up organized by some local group and they were looking for volunteers. You had the time, but chose not to, thinking "Someone else will take care of it." They worked hard for several hours, but at the end, there was still trash around. Can you complain that the park is a mess when you didn't take the time to help?

The point wasn't comparing a homeless shelter to the test server. It was pointing out that someone loses their right to complain about the results of volunteer efforts when they don't volunteer themselves. So you're new... good for you, but refrain from saying "Don't they have a test server to catch these sorts of things" when you aren't trying to make a positive difference in that regard. Go sign up for the Test Server, test things, report bugs and issues, and then you have a legitimate reason to say "This was reported while on the test server, so how did it make it through to the live server."

Dragonnns likes this.
  15. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

The only way I'd give credence to Talbor's comments is if s/he didn't realize that regular players were the same as the test server players. Maybe they thought that DSO had a QA team that inhabited the Test Server and it wasn't co-players that found the bugs/problems.

If this were the case, then, OK, DSO failed. Since the test server is populated by players giving their time and effort to finding issues, this isn't the case and players make all the difference. My TS toon hasn't found any issues not already reported but, hey, I look. I hope more do the same. It can only make playing the live game better.

16. _Baragain_

DSO does have a QA team... wait... are we sure about that? The evidence leaves me wondering sometimes. :p

Dragonnns likes this.
  17. Tonlee01

Tonlee01 Forum Apprentice

Made a post with some additional info for the Devs but it was deleted. Just wanted to add that, since not logging on for a complete day (over the weekend) to see if that effected the DQ/DD bug, that today when I logged in after the original time 4pm Tegan server and after 9pm that now the DQ/DD didn't reset (even though the timer shows it would have/should have/will at 4pm PST) but now also, I did not even receive the daily log in reward.

18. jogotanto

jogotanto Forum Greenhorn

@_Baragain_ , what you said doesn't make any sense. Testing is a phase/stage part of development and leaving the ultimate testing and/or everything to be tested to volunteer players is not even expected from a non profit company. I don't care if it's on the test server or not. Then you don't need a QA team. Volunteer testing can be implemented on test server but only as the last resource, where issues found will be minimum due to the previous QA analysis made, testing by others, and indeed, if something huge comes up there, should be fixed ASAP. I understand it's important to have players going through but not as pretty much the ONLY testing resource.

19. Erebus

Erebus User

No, it was just moved to a more appropriate thread, which is the Release 207 feedback one (your post is here), I also merged both your posts, remember consecutive posting is considered as spam by our forum rules. This time I'm moving it to a thread that's a bit more specific for discussion on the matter. Also, please bear in mind that we do not advocate, nor allow, having ongoing numerous threads on the exact same issue, unless they have some solid justification to be separated from the existing ones.

Regarding the issue, please have a read on our latest Official announcement - Daily Challenges login issue thread, best regards.

20. Moot

Moot Active Author

Oh sure... pointing out how you misinform the players in your "official announcement" is totally spam. You say the bug only exists on agathon and tegan, even though it's present on grimmag too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.