Feedback Release 161

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Feb 10, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Release 161.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

Thor` likes this.
  2. noor1991

noor1991 Someday Author

Wings are bad, they don't suit the style of DSO. They popped up from nowhere, nobody suggested wings for the game, most players seem not to like it so far, and the fact that they are only obtainable by purchasing them is... It seems it will be like the normal epic mounts when they were introduced in the game, either purchase them or do some long PVP quests to earn one.

Good to see you are supporting non-premium players by letting them purchase spirit guards for Materi Fragments. :)

The most important thing: didn't you say we are getting 2 new cape quests with r161? I don't see any information about them in the patchnotes.

perfectmaster, epvp and Thor` like this.
  3. draco994

draco994 Active Author

i generally feel good on that new release patch note, considering those cubes item scales to uniques and those premium stuff scaling too .. but utter dismay is only sw will be benefitted, and i dont see any other class use that premium items they sell to other toons. dso hasnt noticed it yet i think. only sw lightning staff is the only product that is sold , now even it scales to lvl 50, it wont be near the bearach tier 3 set or leg staff 2h , so considering that, i dont think that would be a large woo thing but certainly better than lvl 45.

those pw monsters (mini bosses) nerfing is good especially the dk of alliance fortress and evil millers nerfing on special invisible attack.. it actually affected the sw and could nt see what made us kill and evade it and definitely for the firt time i admit, even though i am premium, u really considered those f2p by introducing the spirit stones usable and purchasable with materi ( wow.. really good , who ever thought that in dso dev. team, u r good). and in totallity , inspite of my total anger and angush on tegan server present pathetic condition on lag and err. 23 issues and the time yet taken not to resolve, this patch certainly shed some light into our dark tegan world of improvement in totality of what u guys have done in prev. years.

I certainly dont like that wings purchasable alone with no jump or such things so no use except anothr slot waste and still totally depressed on no introduction of crafting 2.0 and i dont think until that is introduced , no use farming in lvl 2 and lvl 3 of pws to get good eo to craft high lvl leg.. so it is still a broken piece and high time to intro it as u have done lvl pw intro it 2 months back itself. :rolleyes:

4. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Was hoping for the wings not to make it to the live server, and when I didn't see them at first, had my hopes high. Yet, they are there, just only available from the "Shopping cart" option.

I like the new buff sold at the Splintered City though...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    draco994 likes this.
  5. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

For those who were looking for the wings ... here they are

[​IMG]

40 Euros

And R161 patchnotes never said anything about this ... that they will be only available for real currency.

EDIT

[​IMG]

The description says they will be available in the game from Grizmek ... from February 14th.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    VukChe and draco994 like this.
  7. kraken

kraken Forum Apprentice

Hi guys.

You can play from browser. Wings, already traki posted. Actually there is something mentioned in the patchnotes...pre sale.
    You can also play from client. I did the following:
    - delete folder dso under temp directory
    - manually input the download path for client kit, got this in the error message; mine looks like this drasaonline-481.level3.bpcdn.net/applet/dro_setup.exe?_cv=b0f2d0864fcee2add208df7181e9a800
    - download file, install it, play and have fun

GL to ya all

draco994 likes this.
  8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

It was hard to believe that you could make Stonekeeps Miller even worse than before. The spawning of archers is just beyond annoying.

Dragenstein likes this.
  9. Cswarrior

Cswarrior Forum Greenhorn

Ok, first is the wings, in my opinion...i think its a bit more like in a MU Online games (Check it yourself). Which is, still ok i think...although its not very impressed me. Its your right whether you want to give the players free, buy with andermants, or buy with real currency. Despite of so many lack that still occurs on the game, i apreciate of your team hard work in making progress of this game...keep up the good work, guys. I dont wanna make a hate speech here, after all...who am i to have right doing that? i'm just player here...lol

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

One improvement that I had thought about starting a thread to request was delivered without me having to ask... Is this a sign of the coming apocalypse? It bugged me that when you picked up Materi Frags that there wasn't any sort of indication that you picked them up... particularly the quantity. Now in golden orange little numbers I see that I pick up 42 at a time from a Materi Fissure in Q1M1III when I am farming.

11. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

Actually someone did ask for that a few weeks ago when auto pick up went live

12. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Seriously ?!

Graphical Improvement: Rootrock Caverns

An unrealistic edge in the Rootrock Cavern was changed.

[​IMG]

A visual map correction must be announced ?!?
    Seriously ?

And hard-boss lvl requirements change no mention ?

[​IMG]

Now gorga hard require LVL 45 ? Why no announcement on that change ?

Map lvl requirements 45 and drop 40 ?! Is that a bug ?

13. fgodbout

fgodbout Forum Greenhorn

well, all this wouid be good if we COULD download the client....
    been over 48 hours and still my firefox crashes when i try to download the new client
    even when i still had the old client installed it crashed at end new client download...
    after uninstall, and deleting dso folder, i tried downloading the new client from the drakensang website and at end download firefox crashes...
    dunno about you but im beginning to get damn angry, even support doesnt have other answers then '' delete your dso folder''', even AFTER i told them i did that...
    im completely missing the new event...

im on windows xp and teagan server if it helps...

14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You are screwed until BP fixes their CDN. They posed an announcement that there is a problem with the client on machines running XP.

Darwarren likes this.
  15. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

The client freezes like EDIT after 161, I get blank screens very often, can't enter bosses on hard because of lvl limit which also apparently gives the same lvl equipment as in normal... o_O ...
    Revert back to a stable-er release and stop screwing aroud!

Last edited by moderator: Feb 16, 2016
  16. KellueéHazé

KellueéHazé Junior Expert

Why is It that you fix the wings purchase before fixing the client? Pathetic

Darwarren likes this.
  17. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

I received that same error message on Windows 8.1.
    NOT installing the new client worked fine, as described.

Congrats, anyway, for once again breaking one thing while trying to hotfix another...

18. MagicMoon89

MagicMoon89 Junior Expert

If they had chosen to use dragon wings as opposed to feathered wings, perhaps it wouldn't have seemed as odd.