Feedback Stellar Gold Event [April]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Apr 24, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding the Stellar Gold Event [April].

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted and Rick Astley songs will be repeatedly blasted from your speakers for the next 24 hours.

Stellar Gold Event [April] Guide

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Looks promising. The 2nd and 4th rewards are useless beyond the Draken, so I'll be going for the 100k.

Anyone with a halfway decent toon or team ought to at least go for the 100 Draken. That is just 1 run through the event map.

And anyone with a moderate toon/team ought to at least aim for the 20k mark. You get 5 maps free, meaning that you'd just need to spend 50 frags to get 300 draken and a polished gem bag.

The 100k will likely just be the veterans and twinks (over 20), but that will take about 50 trips. Take away the 5 maps that you'll get free and that will cost about 450 frags. That is a fair trade for 5 Clovers, and the Draken in that case is just an added bonus. Then, if they run this event every 2-3 months from now on, I'll be looking at 2-3 20% armor gems a year from just this event... and that is a massive improvement over the pure lottery garbage that they threw at us the last couple times.

Pumpkin7 likes this.
  3. EvelynJ

EvelynJ Forum Apprentice

Wow. These rewards are so much improved. Temporary rewards don't excite me much (unless you can get the achievement off the turtle as you couldn't when you got the temporary one from the Lor'Tac expansion). I just hope they've fixed the 'monster counter' bug where you've killed all the monsters but have to wait forever for the next wave to start. (It seems to count from when the corpse expires, not from when the monster dies).

Would be nice if they added the ability to take on multiple challenges at once. Before, each wave was far too easy, choosing 5-6 stars at once would be real nice (and a big time saver). Looking forward to this.

4. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

This version of the event is much nicer than the other ones. But it needs more :p
    - More dyes in the stellar coins that drop from monsters
    - Progression saved throughout the events (if you finish an SG event with 20k gold, you start the next with 20k and so on until you reach the max reward, then it resets) since it consumes an incredible amount of time and realm fragments
    - Possibility to drop free map entries in the event map when finished

5. Red_Jaeger

Red_Jaeger Junior Expert

Well, the rewards are kinda nice. But...

1) We have five days to complete the event.
    2) We need 50 runs to reach 100.000 stellar gold. (2005 per trip)
    3) It takes about 30 minutes for even the most powerful character to complete one run (it took me 28 and I kill almost everything with one hit). The monsters spawn too slowly and there are many rounds.

Combining 1), 2) and 3), we have that we need five hours of non-stop gameplay every day to earn the reward. Since that's even more than a part-time job, do you at least offer health insurance or benefits? :p

-Marcus- likes this.
  6. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Did the single run for 2028 progress, 4 Green items, 10 Blue items and the 100 Draken. I think I might have it in me to make it to the 50K mark but don't know about the 100K mark. Seemed easy enough and used scatter shot to kill most things...

7. _Baragain_

Same here... 27-28 min a run with at least 1 min to reset (melt, repair, sell). I got to 16224 in about 4 hours, and by my math, if I can do 4 per week night, I'll be left with 9 hours Friday night into Saturday morning.

I wish that you could go backwards through the Stars... you get 90% (1800/2005) of the rewards from 60% (6/10) of the waves/time (each wave takes me about the same time, regardless of which one it is). Then, I'd probably spend the extra frags and never wast time doing the first four sets of waves. It would cost 60 extra realm frags to do it that way, but would take roughly 17 hours of farming as opposed to 25. I bet that in those 8 hours of farming that I'd get back that I'd be able to more than make up the 60 extra realm frags.

My final bit of feedback is regarding the drops. Half an hour for a couple thousand melt is still awful, even with the progress bar. For someone like me, 25 hours of farming in the PWs could be worth 2.5M-4M Glyphs depending on how I am farming (bosses for achievments or 3 minis and reset in Q3) and I'm giving that all up for 5 Guided Clovers, 1500 draken, and a polished gem. I don't need the draken because Gnob is a joke these days, I could get way more than a single polished gem from 25 hours of farming, which means that the only thing that is truly enticing for me is the clovers given that the jesters don't like dropping them for me. I only hope that better drops are coming with future versions of this event, but it wasn't implemented in this edition of the event for the same reason that there isn't a progress bar in the event window (hot fix needed), but the truth is that I bet people would have been just fine with a hot fix if it meant better (worthwhile) drops from that arena.

In conclusion, it is a step in the right direction, but there is still much improvement needed before this event is anywhere close to on par with the original Stellar Gold that was beloved by all.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  8. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

I couldn't agree more, I have a half-decent wizard by this point so that I can complete the runs in about the same 27-28 minutes with green essences, doesn't even change when paired with my couple's DK.

Albeit, our biggest enemy here is time, with our current work/life schedules we can't afford to spend 5 hours a day every day during the week days to get to that 100k mark, even if we have all the other resources to do so, if this event had landed in a weekend, it might have been a different story, that could make it a bit easier for some of us who have obligations to make the event achievable, 'cause as Baragain said, the rewards are a little step into the right direction, yet it still have some failures:

• I would make it so that one can activate more than one shooting star/wave at the same time, we could kill at least 3-5 waves at a time depending on which waves they are and depending on each's toon and save a lot of time, thus, having a chance to get the rewards we want instead of being frustrated running around the Skyfall Arena waiting for the next puny mobs to appear, Baragain's suggestion is also good. The point being, the progress bar is a nice adition, but it collides with the time needed to complete the Skyfall Arena, and the other means to get Stellar gold (drops from bosses, PvP, etc.) are not viable at all to work on the progression bar.
    • The rewards after each wave are still very, very... bad, to say the least..., no potions, no essences, no anders, just blue and green, the mobs doesn't even count towards the daily quest kill count (I had "kill 300 worthy monsters", came out with 0/300), I think that I would prefer the mobs to have similar loot lists to the ones outside instead of getting green and blue items from the shooting stars, and, at the very least, some champions should drop a pink item.
    • The dates for the event, monday through friday..., less than ideal if you give us a goal that demands 25 hours of exclusive Skyfall Arena playing to complete, some of us can't afford all that time during week days. Wednesday-Sunday would've been a far better option.
    • The drop rate and contents of the stars in regular maps is terrible, nothing infuriates me more than getting a bag of coins from one of them after I got only that single one from 5-6 runs in a PW fatal map.
    • The Obsidian Wings reward and the 7 days turtle feel like pure advertising, I'd bet 10 copper we're going to see the wings as a "special sale" very soon, and the turtle is just a bait to get people to buy it from the giant. I'd rather take a splintered onix than a 7 days turtle or 3 days wings
    I gotta admit the realm fragment requirements are adequate and reasonable considering the reward at the end, too bad I won't even be able to spend them, despite having enough to do it more than 3 times.

In conclusion and, in my humble opinion, not quite a decent event yet, the mechanics are the ones that need to be reworked now, even though the rewards are somewhat adequate..., for those who have the time to get them...

That's all.

taketh likes this.
  9. RichMan

RichMan Active Author

One suggestion.. Can we get the gorgons to stun less or to lower they're numbers in the skyfall arena ?
    As a DK as soon as i go near them i get stunned and even when i am away from them stunned again. 5 of them are enough to stun me for quite some time till i die or i have my Dragon Hide active again. I had to go with more hp then i even use when i farm pw fatal only to dont get killed by the gorgons which are everywhere.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  10. _Baragain_

And this is why we keep saying that we need 4 second stun immunity back as a skill. Even a toon such as mine will have trouble if I'm not careful. I've had 15 second long chain stuns that I'm almost dead by the end of, and if I didn't throw my defense belt on during those Atlantis themed waves, I likely would have on a couple of occasions, as embarrassing as that is to admit.

To Rich:
    The best way I've found is to pick them off fast, and get them while they are in the middle of their attack animation.
    Do 6 quests... each star is a single quest.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    EhtovK likes this.
  11. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The drop of the stars was the same as previous ... the loot from the stars was crappy as usual (copper coins ... copper coins ... and again copper coins):eek:
    The new progress rewards points are seems like set too high ... because they are not so rewarding when you compare the spent effort and time.
    I managed to get to 100K milestone with lot of sweat and pain. I was playing solo because none of my friends are stupid enough like me to play that Arena of Boredom ... and it is the only way to get that much stellar gold.
    I spent 3 barrels of coffee, 2 boxes of cigarettes, 30 toothpicks (keeping my eyes open) ....
    ... and over 2000 andermant for respawning since nothing of these above helped to keep me awake and spare me from that boredom.

[​IMG]

I highly recommend this event to all people with chronic insomnia ... it is working 100%.

12. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

Same here. Well i had some company in those 20k 50k players

[​IMG]

Well 5 clover are good reward, but all in all it is waste of time becaus "arena" awards are lame

At leas they could give us 1 pink at end of every star run...

Troneck86, trakilaki, RichMan and 2 others like this.
  13. _Baragain_

Same here... Those 20k and 8k players who wanted to get in on the rewards at the very end actually helped me a lot by keeping me awake through my last 3 hours of farming.
    [​IMG]
    Lets see if the 777 is lucky and I win one of the 1-50 prizes too. :p:D

The only way that I was able to justify the time I spent doing this was that I could spend the same 25 hours farming in PWs III and put all the ander into the jesters and not likely get even one clover. Sure, I'd probably have gotten tons of glyphs from melt, gems from the map and jesters, lock picks (jesters), essence (jesters), gold (selling and jesters), and and maybe some items worth saving for Crafting 2.0, but there are only so many ways to get those 20% armor gems. You know... when I put it that way, I have no clue why I did this event. I must be crazy! Here's hoping that the next time that they do this event they make it a little less grindy... ok, a LOT less grindy.

14. RichMan

RichMan Active Author

[​IMG]
    So this is my progress. It was a boring experience but having friends to chat while i was soloing this made the time pass easy. I did it only for the clovers my tank needs them so yeah. I can join you Trakilaki if you want we can pass our illness together :D I even got a leg amulet out of it which i use so point on that. Lets see the next event.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    trakilaki and Mario_Boss like this.
  15. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

You are all nuts. I did one run apiece for my SM and DK and decided to get off the hamster wheel.

Feedback: event is too grindy. Rewards are terrible. Final wave should drop an extraordinary or legendary item.

ImmortalDeath and Troneck86 like this.
  16. MagicMoon89

MagicMoon89 Junior Expert

Meh. I didn't even bother too much with it. Gets dull real quick.

17. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I started the event getting one toon up to 20K. Had hopes of going further but needed a break from it and never got back to him. Towards the end I ran 2 toons to 8k and 6 more did just one run thru for 2K. Too boring and even with the addition of the progress bar it's too unrewarding.

The boredom factor might be improved with some variation in mob spawns. That was one of the worst parts for me. Knowing exactly what and when was going to spawn then doing this over and over... well you get the idea.

The Skyfall Arena area attacks seemed rather pointless. The only one that was mildly a concern was getting a DK frozen while dealing with gorgon mobs.

My best suggestion for improving this event is to have all the folks on the design team play it 100k :D

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

18. _Baragain_

...In their free time, during a work week.

Troneck86, rjrichards and MikeyMetro like this.
  19. Knifefromjack

Knifefromjack Someday Author

I'd post the pic but 2 stellar gold says it all.

Mario_Boss likes this.
  20. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

sky fall arena is the destroyer of this event ...steller gold should only be obtainable from pvp and pve maps