Thoughts on Crafting 2.0

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _Baragain_, May 3, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

It is valid. What I mean im not putting 4/4 which is already perfect onto the table, so it is 'invalid'. Assuming it isnt perfect, it isnt 4/4. And i've seen in the official crafting notes, that legendary item cannot receive all 4 atts from the single input legendary. Blues and purples can. If im not mistaken. Anyway, the original table is almost accurate, 4 less possible combinations makes no difference.

Anyway, at least smth interesting in the game after 7 months of my absence. Reminds me of low level farming. A little bit more complicated though

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Perfect is relative. If I have a 4/4 weapon where the lines are +73% WD/+74% WD/+72% WD/+1580 crit, I'd be putting it on the bench with some other better lines to try to incrementally improve what I have. The thread worth reading, more so than this one, is the in depth analysis I made on the version that went to the live server, or Crafting 2.0.3 as I called it.

3. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Yeah, i've seen that one too.

Weapon from your example is 3/4 in our exercise, as you are trying to improve it. In other words, you are not looking for the exact same weapon. Or, you want to avoid one of the atts - 72% for instance. That makes it 3/4 :)

Upd. Okay, there is a crazy use case when you have another weapon 75wd, 75wd, 50wd, 100dmg. And the probable resulting 75, 75, 72, 1580 is 1% better than original. So it would make it 4/4. Agreed. However, the difference is so marginal, and use case so improbable, I would just ignore it.

4. _Baragain_

Or, if you have a 75%/75%/75%/+1580 and you want to try to improve it to 78%/78%/78%/+1720. My weapon is already a very strong 3/4 and I'm slowly working on trying to get it up to a 4/4, but I can't use % Damage stats that are lower than what I already have.

5. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Or to 75%/75%/110 dmg/1720, which is a really, really nice improvement

6. _Baragain_

I'd rather a 78%/78%/78%/+1720 Axe or a 78%/78%/+1720/+1720 Hammer. Math is a wonderful thing.

7. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

so I have to read that.. thing ?
    Ain't nobody got time for dat :eek:

8. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

One reason is (if I remember right :p) that using the "manual calculation", you can figure out chances for several improvement types, e.g. exactly 2x weapon damage, 1x absolute damage and 1xCHR if you have 8/4/4 respective input enchantments.
    (8x7x4x4, divided by 16x15x14x13, adjusted by permutations)
    Also, it's a bit more intuitive to explain to people who don't know stochastics.
    There may actually be a reason to use an input item with 4 "desired" enchantments if it's not the right combination of enchantment types - e.g. you have 4 golden lines of CHR and want ONE of them on the resulting end product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.